Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
So everything had come together for him.
I can see two scenarios,
would he have done this if his life was coming together?
or was there a reason he would do this when his life was coming together?
He detailed to detectives how his life had come together, included in full length interview tape. He also stated this was the main reason for his choices made after the deaths of CC and RH, to protect his family.

Interesting times at Macedon connected to Macedon Lodge. Also the councilor that gave a snippet of information to the media reporting the V's deaths,
about Ms Viergever's involvement in matters against Macedon Lodge, was the local councilor that put the motion to support the Macedon proposals to convert to a massive resort (humans not horses). Very interesting.

Mrs V may have used the facilities there for her horse/s, there was agistment and boarding.

I don't think she was objecting to land being cleared looking at her gardens which were traditional English and a wise choice up there, they do well in bushfires as many trees in English gardens repel flames. They don't go up like gums.

Zig Zag road.

Some of the saddest images I have seen.

The driveway where the house once stood.
Do you know the number please! Or are you referring to 99 the address of the fire? What number was the Lynn's. Trying to place addresses to neighbourhood.

Did Lynn sell the family home he'd shared with Lisa or did he stay?
I recall reading he had already moved out. Even Lisa's mother stated to the Coroner she didn't consider GL was personally physically involved. She indicated Lisa was highly stressed and some of what she stated that Lisa had told her about actions of GL may have been her main mental attributor that lead to her death. She had consumed 3 times the dui limit of alcohol in her system plus psych meds, detailed in Coroner report.

It’s interesting that Mrs V was just lying in bed. Whether Mr V or someone else was responsible for shooting her, I find it hard to work out why she’d be lying in bed. Wouldn’t you be cowered down next to the bed or mid way out the room if all of this was going on?
You may find this document helpful to understand the scene.

When a person is asleep they don't smell smoke!

You may find this document helpful to understand the scene.

When a person is asleep they don't smell smoke!
Sorry, Which document?
I was referring to if she was awake, she wouldn’t stay in bed lying down if someone was going to shoot her.
I was considering that Mrs V would have possibly heard 4 gun shots and I assume a lot of commotion and still lying in bed.
As someone else mentioned, maybe slept through it.

Last edited:
If you think about it, it’s the perfect cover. And GL really gave the game away that he’s genetically modified Jason Bourne hitman in the ROI.

I mean jumping out of the shadows to grab a hot weapon to eliminate one threat and then taking out the other in hand to hand combat unarmed.

Obvious really.
Classic Loin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think about it, it’s the perfect cover. And GL really gave the game away that he’s genetically modified Jason Bourne hitman in the ROI.

I mean jumping out of the shadows to grab a hot weapon to eliminate one threat and then taking out the other in hand to hand combat unarmed.

Obvious really.

GL could have been the next James Bond if he was acquitted X 2. Had the womanising spot on with flight attendants.

Although I'm not sure I would expect many James Bonds to get around in a 1997 GU Patrol with a dodgy paint job.

“Ok, that worked so brilliantly 10 years ago and no one suspected me because the fire destroyed all the evidence … let’s use that save tactic.”
Totally agree that the fire is very suss, characteristic of Lynn and doesn't make much sense otherwise. To me, it's a possible pointer to his involvement for sure.

But I do think the Lynn fire theory has a weakness too, that being the autopsy said the V's had still been awake when the fire started

Secondly the V's were found in their bedroom but the fire started in the office

If Lynn was "destroying evidence" wouldn't he have killed them first? And wouldn't the fire have been started where the bodies were?

Last edited:
I highly doubt that Lynn is involved in this one, and (IMHO) it is just a bit of click-bait from John Silvester who usually does a better job than this...

I do think that Lynn had a great deal more to do with the death of his ex-wife though.
Fair comment

Before anything else, at face value, when someone dies it's very often someone close to them

Family violence is unfortunately common. If it's true that Lynn had threatened to kill her, and if it's true he'd tied her up and thrown her outside before, you'd hope the cops had thrown everything at verifying his whereabouts and grilling his alibi

The fire thing at the V's is mysterious, as is the possibility of Vs having knowledge around Lisa that Lynn never wanted to see the light of day. But, right off the bat, it's far less likely that a "neighbour" from over a decade ago is involved with a death.

But a wife/ex-wife, much more likely

Totally agree that the fire is very suss, characteristic of Lynn and doesn't make much sense otherwise. To me, it's a possible pointer to his involvement for sure.

But I do think the Lynn fire theory has a weakness too, that being the autopsy said the V's had still been awake when the fire started

Secondly the V's were found in their bedroom but the fire started in the laundry

If Lynn was "destroying evidence" wouldn't he have killed them first? And wouldn't the fire have been started where the bodies were?

The dogs were shot in the laundry, the fire started in the office.

We don't have a plan of the house but given the roof collapsed in on Mr V making it difficult for the police and firies to find him initially when he was in the bedroom with his wife, I'm wondering if the office was sharing a wall with their bedroom or if it was under their bedroom.

Maybe should consider as a modicum of respect for CC and RH and families, starting a new thread " Is Greg Lynn a Serial Killer where all the unsubstantiated rumours and conspiracies can be explored and discussed rather than pinning it the tragedy 2 people's deaths
Perhaps with the same respect for GL family any new thread could avoid using the suggestion of SK, and be a little less pointed… something like
GL and other possibilities?

Last edited:
Ansett collapsed in the few days following September 11, 2001 for timeline purposes.

Lynn started with Ansett in Oct 1994 after he left the air ambulance in Tassie, which Southern had the contract for. Despite numerous news reports Lynn never worked for Southern and he only flew Cessnas.

There is some question about why Lynn left the air ambulance and if there was a gap between these two roles.

Lisa worked for Southern and this is where they met. Back then Launceston was a very small base with few pilots and even fewer cabin crew. Even though they did not operate on the same aircraft there was regular interaction between Southern crew and air ambulance pilots.

The hijackers flew aircraft into the twin towers on 9/11 and on September 14 2001 the Ansett fleet was grounded.

After a guarantee from the Australian government and several rescue attempts Ansett recommenced limited operations until the final collapse on March 4 2002 when Ansett flew its last service.

Lynn was employed at Ansett until Feb 2002. Which means he may have left prior to the final collapse on March 4 which may well have been part of redundancies as a result of administration.

Lynn started work for Qatar in Doha Sept 2002.

He left Qatar in November 2007. Returning to Australia.

He met Melanie in Doha.

Last edited:
The Hosties loved him apparently was always very nice to them. Given he was unfaithful to Lisa and all his wives were Hosties it makes sense. I believe it was a female IMO.
His soft spot for cabin crew is evidenced by the plethora of Jetstar gloves collected after assisting with cabin cleaning like a good Boy Scout! 😂🤷‍♀️🧤🧤✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back