Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Breakfast Waffle GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Happy French Pastry GIF by Color Snack Creative Studio

Had a girlfriend in Doha. I don’t believe they ever married but he lived with her whenever he was based there. She went missing and has never been found.

I don’t know what the relationship is like between doha police and Australian police?

Had a girlfriend in Doha. I don’t believe they ever married but he lived with her whenever he was based there. She went missing and has never been found.

I don’t know what the relationship is like between doha police and Australian police?

Do we know if she was a Qatari national?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure about the timeline. Perhaps some of the people who knew more might come back and post again.
I don't know but Lynn may have been flying with Qatar after his 1st wife died and was seeing someone over there. In fact it was reported or rumored that she disappeared too? I'm hoping that the person who was on these threads early days would comeback with some comment? In a weird way perhaps justice has been done for Lynn's 1st wife who died in a tangled relationship with Lynn. She no doubt in my mind would be alive today if it weren't meeting Lynn IMO.

Wasn’t it because the pros didn’t ask something during the cross of Greg? Seems a legal misstep, at least they got 1 murder

I’m talking about pre-trial and the evidence the Judge wanted to exclude. If he got his way at the time I’m postulating the prosecution wouldn’t have proceeded with murder charges.

What you’re referring to was later in the trial. The decision to drop an option of manslaughter was based on the evidence submitted to that point. All the parties agreed that if murder couldn’t be proved, neither could manslaughter.

Which makes you think, if the prosecution hadn’t appealed the Judge’s decision on GL’s post offence behaviour (incriminating conduct) and fought to have a portion of the police interview included in evidence it could have been a very different story.

Took some cojones to appeal that decision. I read it was the prior prosecutor John Dickie and he basically just told the Judge he was wrong. That’d make some good TV drama.

Last edited:
I’m talking about pre-trial and the evidence the Judge wanted to exclude. If he got his way at the time I’m postulating the prosecution wouldn’t have proceeded with murder charges.

What you’re referring to was later in the trial. The decision to drop an option of manslaughter was based on the evidence submitted to that point. All the parties agreed that if murder couldn’t be proved, neither could manslaughter.

Which makes you think, if the prosecution hadn’t appealed the Judge’s decision on GL’s post offence behaviour (incriminating conduct) and fought to have a portion of the police interview included in evidence it could have been a very different story.
Ah ok, it’s amazing that the judge threw that out initially, I wonder if old mate would have taken a plea deal and copped maybe 10-12 yrs?

This is getting weirder every minute.
It was known at the start of this thread but I suppose whose got time to read a million pages of Lynn's related crap. For me personally I've followed this perhaps a little to closely and it's been a burden on my mind. Why you say? Perhaps I was wired that way, I believe in justice especially with regards to those touched by evil such as Lynn. Anyway I wanted at least 1 x Guilty verdict and I also wanted the truth to come out with regards to Lynn and his past. One can only imagine a well regarded Pilot who thought he was untouchable and seen by the public as a well regarded individual but only by title or career. He could have walked away from all this if not for the Hotham phone ping and the slug that Carol Clay took to her grave. And then the jury, god speed to the 12 men and woman who in my eyes almost defied a Judge who corralled them into a very narrow corner of guilty. The same judge that did not want this murder trial to go ahead based on his interpretation of the purities of criminal law. Why should the law favor the killers of the world? I'm content at this point that some justice has been served. Appeals or no Appeals the world knows the story of Greg Lynn now and is a better place for it. Condolences again to the Clay and Hill families who paid the ultimate price. Signing out TerraFirma. 🙌

P.S. I'll leave you with Greg Lynn's own words quote

"Who decides what's right and what's wrong? That's the thing, judgment, judge does, the law does, the community does," Lynn said on the recording."

Last edited:
Ah ok, it’s amazing that the judge threw that out initially, I wonder if old mate would have taken a plea deal and copped maybe 10-12 yrs?

Yeah maybe. And maybe he still pleads not guilty and gets off. Dann would have been petty confident of getting him out of the shit with no police interview and incriminating conduct before the court.

The same judge that did not want this murder trail to go ahead based on his interpretation of the purities of criminal law
Yeah he nearly derailed the trial big time.I don't get it,can he use his own interpretation without getting pulled up ?
A powerful post you just made and my sentiments exactly,it's been great discussing it all with you !
Goodnight now knowing justice has been served and hopefully we are rid of that menace.

Yeah he nearly derailed the trial big time.I don't get it,can he use his own interpretation without getting pulled up ?
A powerful post you just made and my sentiments exactly,it's been great discussing it all with you !
Goodnight now knowing justice has been served and hopefully we are rid of that menace.
Thanks Iretired00: Think I maybe doing the same as your alias.! Enjoyed the chats with you and everyone.

I don't know but Lynn may have been flying with Qatar after his 1st wife died and was seeing someone over there. In fact it was reported or rumored that she disappeared too? I'm hoping that the person who was on these threads early days would comeback with some comment? In a weird way perhaps justice has been done for Lynn's 1st wife who died in a tangled relationship with Lynn. She no doubt in my mind would be alive today if it weren't meeting Lynn IMO.
This was confirmed by someone who worked with him. I have a connection but it's 3rd hand by the time I get it.
He was working for Qatar at the time and her family were convinced he had something to do with her disappearance. All I have been made privy to...no mention of a child afaik

This was confirmed by someone who worked with him. I have a connection but it's 3rd hand by the time I get it.
He was working for Qatar at the time and her family were convinced he had something to do with her disappearance. All I have been made privy to...no mention of a child afaik
Cheers mate nice to have that confirmed for everyone involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back