Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Which is why I was asking if it's possible there were any business or other links between Greg Lynn and Mr and Mrs V. If there might be a document that had his name on it.

They were neighbours at one time, it's possible
What I have noticed with posts that tend to connect the two families as neighbours is that many media articles connected to Mt Macedon and not necessarily about eirher family refer to people that live quite a distance apart as being 'neighbours'.

There has been a lot going on in the Mt Macedon area in general over the years and I am not referring or including the Lynn family.

Some Mt Macedon people stirred up the hornets nest at times. Timelines are very interesting.

There has been a lot going on in the Mt Macedon area in general over the years and I am not referring or including the Lynn family.

Some Mt Macedon people stirred up the hornets nest at times. Timelines are very interesting.

What are you referring to?

“Macedon Ranges Shire councillor Helen Relph (Relph) said the Viergevers were well-known as a happy couple who cared about the area.

Ms Viergever, in particular, helped run a successful campaign with residents to stop businessman Lloyd Williams' horse training complex Macedon Lodge from being turned into a private holiday resort in 2006.

"She was quite vocal in her opposition to that with residents worried about its effect on the area," she told AAP.”

Also mentions in another article that she loved horse riding but had to give it up due to arthritis.

Seems a fair assumption that with a horse and 3 dogs she was an animal lover?

Probably wasn’t keen on hunters.

It would be interesting to know what their physical health was like.
Was Ms V in a lot of pain from the arthritis. Did Mr V suffer any physical pain? Some people who have a lot of pain will choose to end their own life.

I would have thought that if a person threatens another person(s) with death in a serious conflict, and the person(s) subsequently dies, then it would be incumbent for the Police to investigate the possibility that they were murdered. But I get it that it was 10 years later and it appeared to be a murder/suicide. Maybe they will now look a bit harder.

Bang on the money.

The difference between what happened in Macedon on zig zag road, and the vast overwhelming majority suicides, is that serious and credible threats to kill those very same people had not been made.

This comment applies not just to the murder suicide couple.

But to Lisa as well.

But the big one red flag, the clincher, a certain Greg Lynn, now convicted of murder made those very same threats.

There are no co-incidences when it comes to Lynn. Z E R O.

Not forgetting the fact that Lisa died of exposure in a semi built up area on the outskirts of Melbourne. Not a million miles in bush. And this after Lynn had previously tied her up, hosed her down and left her outside.

And … and … the gun, where did they get the illegal gun and ammo?

I think to believe it was a murder suicide is akin to believing both hill and clay died as Lynn told the court they did.

Bang on the money.

The difference between what happened in Macedon on zig zag road, and the vast overwhelming majority suicides, is that serious and credible threats to kill those very same people had not been made.

This comment applies not just to the murder suicide couple.

But to Lisa as well.

But the big one red flag, the clincher, a certain Greg Lynn, now convicted of murder made those very same threats.

There are no co-incidences when it comes to Lynn. Z E R O.

Not forgetting the fact that Lisa died of exposure in a semi built up area on the outskirts of Melbourne. Not a million miles in bush. And this after Lynn had previously tied her up, hosed her down and left her outside.

And … and … the gun, where did they get the illegal gun and ammo?

I think to believe it was a murder suicide is akin to believing both hill and clay died as Lynn told the court they did.

Are the threats made to Mr and Mrs V documented anywhere? Was it reported to the police, come up at the Coroner's Inquiry?

This is a very plausible theory if both suffered from debilitating pain.
We don't know the nature of their relationship; wife suffers from debiitating illness and expresses a wish to ease her pain.

Husband believes he cannot live without her.

Suicide pact.

About 35 years ago, definitely before Victoria's euthenasia laws, an elderly couple decided upon a suicide pact. She was suffering from a terminal illness

He fed her an OD of her prescription drugs and he attempted to OD on with other drugs in the house.

He survived and, upon waking up, contacted the Police. He gave a complete ROI to the Police acknowledging his actions. They also left a suicide note signed by both of them explaining their actions

He was charged with murder and therefore not bailed, but due to his age and related fraility was held in the secure Prison unit in a hospital (Austin?)

The matter eventually went to trial, but by this time, the charge had been downgraded to administer drug causing death to which he pleaded guilty.

The Court convicted him and set a non parole period, with the benefit of remand time and remission scale applicable at that time made him eligible for parole immediately.

He was released on parole immediately and he was moved from a secure ward to a supported accommodation ult within the same Hospital

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if it looks like a straight forward murder suicide with zero evidence to suggest a third party's involvement.

The reason there was no evidence of a third party the police said was because the scene had been so compromised by fire.

Which is exactly the tactic Lynn used after Clay and Hill died.

The fire to me speaks loudly of Lynn.

The reason there was no evidence of a third party the police said was because the scene had been so compromised by fire.

Which is exactly the tactic Lynn used after Clay and Hill died.

The fire to me speaks loudly of Lynn.

Yes, I agree. My response was in relation to whether the cops would have even entertained the idea of murder and cover up if there was no evidence whatsoever of a third party involvement. And if there was none, what reason would they have to look real hard for anybody with a motive?

Are the threats made to Mr and Mrs V documented anywhere? Was it reported to the police, come up at the Coroner's Inquiry?

I read the coroners report it wasn’t mentioned.

I asked someone who met one of the couple at Lynn’s house if the police had been informed and the answer was yes.

Whether that made it to the police report I do not know.

Obviously any connection to Lynn was not a big thing back then.

Now I would suggest it is a monumental thing. Any death connected to him is. And should be investigated.

I read the coroners report it wasn’t mentioned.

I asked someone who met one of the couple at Lynn’s house if the police had been informed and the answer was yes.

Whether that made it to the police report I do not know.

Obviously any connection to Lynn was not a big thing back then.

Now I would suggest it is a monumental thing. Any death connected to him is. And should be investigated.

I wonder if Lynn had legal representation through inquiries in to Lisa's death and heading in to the Coroner's hearing.

If Lynn was involved in the murder suicide it helps explain very neatly Lynn’s actions after the death of Hill and Clay.

“Ok, that worked so brilliantly 10 years ago and no one suspected me because the fire destroyed all the evidence … let’s use that save tactic.”

But more than this if you have killed before and got away with it, especially not even been suspected - that would give Lynn a level of hubris and self confidence - that could have influenced his actions during any altercation.

F$&@ it. That old bastard has really pissed me off. Bang. Bang. Bang. I’m smart enough to get away with it again.

And he nearly did.

Last edited:
I wonder if Lynn had legal representation through inquiries in to Lisa's death and heading in to the Coroner's hearing.

In the case of Lisa police definitely knew of the threats made to her as soon as she was found dead. Friends, colleagues, family all related what Lisa had told them and in some cases witnessed.

Lynn has a solid alibi. But he knew full well what everyone had told the police and so the question about legal representation is a valid one.

Some of the theories…come on get a grip people only a few days to the 19th. Hang in there
Yes!

Lynn has been convicted of murder as part of a chain of events in which 2 people died and he was instrumental in the desecration of their bodies.

Lynn is awating sentencing on this charge.

As far as any of us here know, he has not been charged with any other offence.

If the Police gather enough evidence to form a prima facie case of any other crimes committed, he will be charged with these offences and afforded the ability to defend himself after being advised of the nature of the allegations made.

Maybe, the Moderators should consider as a modicum of respect for Carol Clay and Russell Hill and their families, starting a new thread "Is Greg Lynn a serial killer?" where all the unsubstantiated rumours and conspiranies can be explored and discussed rather than pinning it the tragedy 2 people's deaths

In the case of Lisa police definitely knew of the threats made to her as soon as she was found dead. Friends, colleagues, family all related what Lisa had told them and in some cases witnessed.

Lynn has a solid alibi. But he knew full well what everyone had told the police and so the question about legal representation is a valid one.
Was GL a person of interest in the coroners hearing?

Last edited:
Maybe, the Moderators should consider as a modicum of respect for Carol Clay and Russell Hill and their families, starting a new thread "Is Greg Lynn a serial killer?" where all the unsubstantiated rumours and conspiranies can be explored and discussed rather than pinning it the tragedy 2 people's deaths

Maybe after sentencing. Listening to Russell Hill's daughter recently after the trial outcome, I'm sure they wouldn't mind the exploration of other possible crimes.

Aside, that the perpetrator behind Hill and Clay vanishing may be responsible for other disappearances through Victoria's High Country was being discussed in here long before an arrest was even made with prominent crime writers, Silvester and Rule both raising the possibility, so that discussion is scattered right through both threads.

Was GL a person of interest in the coroners hearing?

I think there would be a definition within law enforcement of what constitutes a person of interest legally. I’m not sure what that might involve or if he reached that threshold. He was certainly within the frame of the police investigation. I’m not aware of exactly what was communicated or how much of abusive relationship was detailed to the coroner.

Last edited:
Maybe after sentencing. Listening to Russell Hill's daughter recently after the trial outcome, I'm sure they wouldn't mind the exploration of other possible crimes.

Aside, that the perpetrator behind Hill and Clay vanishing may be responsible for other disappearances through Victoria's High Country was being discussed in here long before an arrest was even made with prominent crime writers, Silvester and Rule both raising the possibility, so that discussion is scattered right through both threads.

It also explains why those who knew lisa, or indeed Lynn, are unable to divorce or unlink the current case from those in the past.

It is undeniable that they are all linked by one thread, Greg Lynn.

As sly said many questions have been raised. The families of all involved deserve to have them investigated fully.

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back