Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 34 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Just admin now

32 years and has to serve 75% of that before being eligible for parole

Got off light what a despicable POS

Going back over crouchers mitigating circumstances he would have thrown the book at him if not for those

No sentence will ever be enough for the victims families but 32 years is solid holiday at His Majesty’s pleasure for Mr Lynn.

And he’ll need to be in a protection unit

No doubt the appeal will be lodged tomorrow but I don’t think anything croucher said or did or the prosecution will get it up

That is a heavy bloody sentence when the NPP is almost the same as the standard sentence

An eight year parole period

i did guess at 30 with a NPP of 25 in an earlier post

I was expecting 25 but croucher really smashed the gavel

And he’ll need to be in a protection unit

No doubt the appeal will be lodged tomorrow but I don’t think anything croucher said or did or the prosecution will get it up
Appeal will be for the verdict and sentence. Sentence as a matter of procedure. Pretty standard sentence. Won't change.
Real meat of it will be the appeal against the verdict.
Whether the prosecutor breaching the rules in closing had an effect and/or whether the split verdict was a a justified direction and b whether the order of verdicts was a jury acting reasonably.
Will be intersting how appeals (18 months away)and if need be the high court (2.5-3 years) interpret it. Until then I guess its done and we wait.

Touched by the Judge crying when he was ensuring family of Hill were acknowledged.

I was really impressed with him in the end. Has to act within the the laws and I think he did that. He’s done his job. Now on to GL to continue to act like a total campaigner

Appeal will be for the verdict and sentence. Sentence as a matter of procedure. Pretty standard sentence. Won't change.
Real meat of it will be the appeal against the verdict.
Whether the prosecutor breaching the rules in closing had an effect and/or whether the split verdict was a a justified direction and b whether the order of verdicts was a jury acting reasonably.
Will be intersting how appeals (18 months away)and if need be the high court (2.5-3 years) interpret it. Until then I guess its done and we wait.

Yeah said as much a few pages back. He’s entitled to do it at the end of the day but what a piece of work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Croucher was certainly peeved by Lynn's letter of contrition on 'the method of disposal' and stated he did not believe it to be sincere.
Interesting the background information given on Lynn.
That he was persuing his campaign of domestic violence after he had married and had two children with the matter that he was convicted on co-inciding with the 1st birthday of his 2 child of the 2nd marriage.

Kudos to Croucher for so many things. Apologising to the Hill families for their testimonies done with dignity and not getting an outcome. Obviously tears for the Clay family. And he no doubt increased the sentence for Lynn's behaviour afterwards which we all thought was atrocious. I think the families will be satisfied. It was hard work for Croucher who has serious eyesight issues. To work through all that evidence etc

I knew that it was going to be more than 25 because there were no observable mitigating factors

So the desecration of the bodies and no remorse was worth 7 years on one count

If he had gone down on both; natural life with no NPP?

Yeah definitely IMO I mean that’s a huge sentence I did not see that coming

Like we’ve discussed the post offence conduct was such an aggravating aspect he had to cop a whack on that

Croucher was certainly peeved by Lynn's letter of contrition on 'the method of disposal' and stated he did not believe it to be sincere.
That he was persuing his campaign of domestic violence after he had married and had two children with the matter that he was convicted on co-inciding with the 1st birthday of his 2 child of the 2nd marriage.

Damn ... that must have been the part I missed when the phone rang

Was he convicted? I thought the judge said he got off

I knew that it was going to be more than 25 because there were no observable mitigating factors

So the desecration of the bodies and no remorse was worth 7 years on one count

If he had gone down on both; natural life with no NPP?

He covered this I am pretty sure. There needs to be a clear motive for a life sentence and minimal mitigations.

That is a heavy bloody sentence when the NPP is almost the same as the standard sentence

An eight year parole period

i did guess at 30 with a NPP of 25 in an earlier post

I thought Croucher stated that the minimum allowed NPP for murder is 70% of the headline sentence under current sentencing guidelines.

I thought Croucher stated that the minimum allowed NPP for murder is 70% of the headline sentence under current sentencing guidelines.

Yeah but he also has discretion so he whacked another 5% on

He talked about how the sentence was arrived at exstensively outlining that the current sentencing guidlines can be noted but allowed for exceptions such as in the aggravating post death behaviour of Lynns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 34 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

Back