Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 34 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Actually, I have been surprised by the level of restraint and clarity shown by the majority of the members. And the level
of highly intelligent, well thought out comments put forward for discussion has been very interesting. And more importantly, thought provoking without being prejudiced.

I agree or else I would have stopped reading months ago.

It's been a very pleasant place for discussions which is rare for this website.

Every week someone knew has come in to pretty much say "How dare you think GL is guilty!"

Or pulls out law and order 101.

My favourite is the accused needs to be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Like there’s three years of posting on this thread on this case but no regular poster has come across the concept before. Fascinating.

I laughed out loud when listening to the podcast and they said DD suggested Mark Gellatly should change his name to Mark Gelato because he melted so quickly when he was on the stand.

I wonder if this got any laughs in the court.

He’ll be laughing about that back at the old xavs bar room with his old chums.

I called him a gelato because he melted. You know, like the ice cream? See what I did there?

hehehe good one dermie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you applied mathematics to the chances of these "accidental" deaths, where would you end up?

Hill falling on a knife would require the knife to be pointing blade up, directly at his heart. Odds of pointing that exact direction would be 1 in 360 in simple terms. But there are 3 dimensions, not 2, so the total number of directions an item can randomly point are significantly higher. For the discussion, let's use 1 in 360, because the heart is wider than 1 degree from close range. This is without factoring in "obstacles" such as ribs.

Let's say the odds of the bullet hitting the mirror are 10/360 (mirror is wider than 1 degree from the expected range). Again simplistic because there are 3 dimensions the bullet could travel in. The chance of hitting the mirror then deflecting into a nearby head would be halved because there are only 180 degrees if we assume the bullet travels forward (again simplified into 2 dimensions). We'll say the head occupies 10 degrees of the 180 degree space, so 10/180.

1/360 x 10/360 x 10/180 = 1 in 233,280. This would be at an absolute minimum.

The maths could be torn to bits and would be laughed out of court, but you get the basic picture.

The incriminating actions of GL that are still very significant for the jury to debate over are very telling still. Cleaning up the campsite, burning the campsite, removing the bodies from the area in his own trailer and theft of keys, phones, cash and a drone are all solely motivated to make GL disappear?

Good luck if you believe those actions add up to his story and his story alone.

Just remember GL most likely wanted to make it look like a robbery from the wallets in the footwells but then remembered he had locked the car afterwards and taken the keys with him.🤣
Didn’t the judge tell them not to take that into account?

If you applied mathematics to the chances of these "accidental" deaths, where would you end up?

Hill falling on a knife would require the knife to be pointing blade up, directly at his heart. Odds of pointing that exact direction would be 1 in 360 in simple terms. But there are 3 dimensions, not 2, so the total number of directions an item can randomly point are significantly higher. For the discussion, let's use 1 in 360, because the heart is wider than 1 degree from close range. This is without factoring in "obstacles" such as ribs.

Let's say the odds of the bullet hitting the mirror are 10/360 (mirror is wider than 1 degree from the expected range). Again simplistic because there are 3 dimensions the bullet could travel in. The chance of hitting the mirror then deflecting into a nearby head would be halved because there are only 180 degrees if we assume the bullet travels forward (again simplified into 2 dimensions). We'll say the head occupies 10 degrees of the 180 degree space, so 10/180.

The maths could be torn to bits and would be laughed out of court, but you get the basic picture.
images (1).jpeg

Remember much earlier on, the reporting of explosive evidence that DD sought to have excluded.
This is the first time I have heard about an explosive device. Any source please?

So he won't get anything at all for what he did to the bodies and the crime scene?
No that is not what i was saying....J. Croucher and both counsel made it very clear...if you don't believe his story for murder, justice can't have a backup position, nor an easy fallback for a jury conflicted over finding guilty for murder..it either happened as Lynn said, or it didn't.
If you read my posts, IMO i firmly think he did it beyond reasonable doubt and i'd like to see at least one guilty verdict. However I am not empanelled to make this decision. My point was, so many people want him held to account, but we need to focus within the legal framework allowed, and be precise about what the jury's constraints are, to have sensible debate...otherwise it just muddies the matter even futher.
Not critcizing you at all, just showing context of my comment.😊

The clear problem with this theory is the odds of two completely unrelated parties both of no criminal history getting involved in a confrontation in remote Wonnangatta ending in death is far less likely.

But it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 34 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

Back