Toast Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

His last 2 weeks of football deserve a big mention, last week he kept Josh Kennedy to 1.3, today against Sydney he kept Sam Reid to kick DONUTS while still getting 18 disposals and 5 marks himself, the last 2 weeks in a row his opponents have kicked a total of 1.4! Well done young man! :thumbsu: Another tough task awaits Schoenmakers however next week with a possible match up against St Kilda star forward Nick Riewoldt, Schoenmakers will go in full of confidence in that game. Hopefully this could be the beginning of his rise as a good genuine defender for us. :)

Has had a great couple of weeks no doubt.
Hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the year and keep on improving.

Well done Schoey.

Sam Reed is schoey's bitch, third time in a row that schoey has killed him. Schoey has belief, and relief that all the bf Internet heroes are off his back. Was in our best two yesterday! Well done, a sign of his resilience.

Fantastic to see he continues to do well.
I think a lot of this is due to his confidence which should continue to grow.

Once he adds a few more KG's he will be even better prepared to match it with the key forwards each week.

Great to see.

Big toast to him. He took some great marks.

Nice work from Shoey, he was one of the few shining lights in the game yesterday. He has shown a perseverance which appears to be starting to pay dividends. Hopefully this will add to his confidence!

He obviously has great character to keep bouncing back after being smashed by media and fans.

Will still take the odd beating this year against bigger and stronger opponents, but I think he has shown now that against players of a similar size (remember, he is still growing) he has plenty of talent.

Nice to see a positive thread for the young man - he has copped so much flak on here and everywhere else - hope he can continue the improvement:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its amazing how many people from other clubs blame our losses on our key defenders Gibson and Schoenmakers have been great this year, when Birchall comes back i honestly can say our defense is our best part of the ground right now.............which is ridiculous considering our talent.

Anyways people forget that Tippett and Hawkins have been on fire this year, possibly the best forwards in the comp right now and schoey played well on tippett in the 2nd half and has scalps of Cloke, Kennedy and Reid. I am glad the coaches persisted with him regardless of BigFootys thoughts.

Its amazing though how well our defenders have stood up this year with all the forward 50s the opposition have been getting.

He obviously has great character to keep bouncing back after being smashed by media and fans.

Will still take the odd beating this year against bigger and stronger opponents, but I think he has shown now that against players of a similar size (remember, he is still growing) he has plenty of talent.
Never been smashed by this fan,we just need to be patient with the bigger kids especially.

Nice to see a positive thread for the young man - he has copped so much flak on here and everywhere else - hope he can continue the improvement

Agreed. For our younger defenders, the problem has always been the lack of support (whether you regard it as a lack of depth, or the lack of a true big-bodied defender.)

To my mind, the injuries to Hale (vs West Coast) and Gibson (vs Sydney) quickly exposed the lack of depth.

Always loved Schoey through all the tough times getting ripped into by so called supporters and bashed by the media i think it shows the kids got unbeliviable resiliance.

He has taken the scalps of Travis Cloke, Josh Kennedy and made Sam Reid his %@#$ What more do you want from him. Im looking foward to him developing in to very good all australian standard defender for the hawks:):thumbsu:

hahaha take that Schoenmakers haters!!!!!!

His game was terrific.

Absolutely destroyed the 'golden boy' Reid.......

Well done Schoey, keep up the great work.

He always does well on Reid though. His problem is the bigger bodied forwards, which suggests his problem might be simply a matter of body strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back