Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until all facts are presented to us I cant see why Opposition supporters are coming out and saying we should be against the club we love. Seriously not hard to understand at all.

Not against the club, but against those within the club who have ruined it.
The reason there is so much spite against Essendon, is that the majority of you lot cannot separate the club from Hird.

If the majority of Essendon supporters expressed the view that
"Well, it's really not looking good but we'll hold on until the ASADA findings to see if the players get off and hopefully it's not quite as bad as it seems. Hird has to go regardless though."
you'd be getting a fair bit more empathy from opposition supporters.

Instead we get arrogant hypocrisy, blaming the media for the position of your club and #standbyhird

This is laughable, you all say we are delusional and think we are not guilty.

I myself have posted numerous times I expect sanctions but to what degree? Who knows depends what the report says.

You all cry foul that we aren't calling for Hird's head, all we know is he knew about the program but stated to dank 3 rules 1)asada compliant 2)safe for the players 3)reid signs off on everything. They were along those lines anyhow.

We ain't going to assume the worst of a club legend that he is the next tony mokbel drug king pin that you all claim he is. If s2 drugs were used and he knew of them and endorsed them its bye bye Hird but we just don't know.

Be realistic for christ sake

I myself have posted numerous times I expect sanctions but to what degree? Who knows depends what the report says.

You all cry foul that we aren't calling for Hird's head, all we know is he knew about the program but stated to dank 3 rules 1)asada compliant 2)safe for the players 3)reid signs off on everything. They were along those lines anyhow.

We ain't going to assume the worst of a club legend that he is the next tony mokbel drug king pin that you all claim he is. If s2 drugs were used and he knew of them and endorsed them its bye bye Hird but we just don't know.

We are being reality, Hird is senior coach, he has the players welfare in his hands. He consults with the doctor about whether players are fit enough to take to the field without endangering themselves, he consults with the fitness staff to see if players have met their fitness standards AND he consulted with the sports science department to see if players were improving.
He wanted bigger and stronger.

Now EFC supporters act like him sending one email stating the boundaries is all that's required of a coach that has the players welfare in his hands.
Why was he not continually asking questions of why players were taken off-site for injections?
Why was he not consulting with the doctor on this program so that he would be made aware of the concerns Reid had?
There are text messages where Hird and Dank discussed Thymosin, why did he not enquire which Thymosin it was and require proof of which it was?

Point being Hird let down players and supporters, yet you all rally around him like he is bigger than the whole club.

Coaches and Presidents have come and gone through every club, every club has survived and recovered, why put Hird above every other coach you have ever had?

Because it is clear to blind Freddie from the information at hand that your club did it. Your captain, for whatever reason, has admitted it.

Blind Freddie already got Melbourne in shit for tanking. Surely he's not going to get Essendon in even more shit than they're already in. Blind Freddie is so sneaky sometimes.

I'm a Sharkies fan. I know what you're going through.

If the Sharkies are guilty, and it looks like they could be, we should be punished.

I don't understand the attitude of Essendon fans. Surely you can understand why people think you are guilty? Most of it is because Jobe admitted to taking what he thought was AOD, and WADA/ASADA confirming it is prohibited/not approved. If Jobe's interview hadn't happened, this whole saga would be very different.

P.S., the Sharkies are screwed. :rainbow:

We are being reality, Hird is senior coach, he has the players welfare in his hands. He consults with the doctor about whether players are fit enough to take to the field without endangering themselves, he consults with the fitness staff to see if players have met their fitness standards AND he consulted with the sports science department to see if players were improving.
He wanted bigger and stronger.

Now EFC supporters act like him sending one email stating the boundaries is all that's required of a coach that has the players welfare in his hands.
Why was he not continually asking questions of why players were taken off-site for injections?
Why was he not consulting with the doctor on this program so that he would be made aware of the concerns Reid had?
There are text messages where Hird and Dank discussed Thymosin, why did he not enquire which Thymosin it was and require proof of which it was?

Point being Hird let down players and supporters, yet you all rally around him like he is bigger than the whole club.

Coaches and Presidents have come and gone through every club, every club has survived and recovered, why put Hird above every other coach you have ever had?

...and just out of interest, how do you know these questions weren't being asked and satisfactory answers weren't being provided? How do you know?! How the hell do any of you know. Seriously, if we believed the meda, Lindy Chamberlain would just be getting out of jail.

For god sake let the investigation finish and the findings released

Not an Essendon supporter alive will have sympathy for Hird or anyone connected to this issue if their is proof of serious negligence and wrong doing.

Until then, take a Bex and go lie down

...and just out of interest, how do you know these questions weren't being asked and satisfactory answers weren't being provided? How do you know?! How the hell do any of you know. Seriously, if we believed the meda, Lindy Chamberlain would just be getting out of jail.

For god sake let the investigation finish and the findings released

Not an Essendon supporter alive will have sympathy for Hird or anyone connected to this issue if their is proof of serious negligence and wrong doing.

Until then, take a Bex and go lie down

We know those questions weren't asked because if they were then you would not be in this situation you are in now.

If as you claim Hird is an honourable man, then he would have put a stop to this program as soon as he found out, so by your own ogic you are implying that Hird never asked these questions.

Think of it this way, Ziggy reported that experimental environment too place, ASADA are investigating the substances administered, how they were administered, the frequency that they were administered and the places where they were administered, so if Hird asked those questions (and is an honourable man like EFC supporters suggest), then surely by your very own logic you would not be in the position you are in now.

Do you get it?

so what is ryders concerns? sorry dont wanna read back, too many posts to catch up on

He has had ongoing family issues since well before this scandal broke. There was a period last year where he shouldn't have even been playing.

Everything that has happened recently has compounded things.

Unlike the nuffies on here I'm not going to speculate on why he was summonsed to AFL house.

if he escapes a ban Ryder will end up back in Perth next season, likely at Freo.

Zero chance he stays at EFC, he is not a happy camper.

Theres at least 14 other players ready to walk out on them too, and who can blame them?

Another blatant liar! You have no idea what is going on with Paddy. He loves Melbourne and he loves Essendon. He is very close with Hird and Hirdy helped him through a difficult period last year.

But by all means make up lies just to rub it in. Wouldn't want to ruin the fun you are getting out of this.

We know those questions weren't asked because if they were then you would not be in this situation you are in now.

If as you claim Hird is an honourable man, then he would have put a stop to this program as soon as he found out, so by your own ogic you are implying that Hird never asked these questions.

Think of it this way, Ziggy reported that experimental environment too place, ASADA are investigating the substances administered, how they were administered, the frequency that they were administered and the places where they were administered, so if Hird asked those questions (and is an honourable man like EFC supporters suggest), then surely by your very own logic you would not be in the position you are in now.

Do you get it?

I have read your response three times an it still makes no sense.

Never claimed Hird was honorable or otherwise (have another read dear)

If the program had been green lit by the authorities, not stopped by the AFL and ok'd by the medicos, why stop it? But then, I don't know, just as you don't know, if any or all of that happened.

The Switowski report identified a lack of governance in process at Windy Hill - it did not state that anything going on was illegal or unethical. FACT. But, I still don't know, as none of you do, if the supplement program was illegal? Do you know, really, do you?? What has the frequency of use or the location of administration got to do with it being either wrong, or illegal. And anyway, do you know why the injections were done off site without quoting Caro? Do you. Cause if you do, please feel free to enlighten me as I don't know so how could I possible draw any conclusions if I don't really know?? All I can say is Hird may have, or may have not asked the tough questions at the time. But I cant be sure either way coz you know what, I have no evidence in front of me to suggest one thing or another. I would simply be speculating, which, mon ami, is all you and everyone else has been doing for nearly 6 months now.

So, here's the deal, I am not going to speculate. If Hird is guilty of instigating an illegal drug program that was administered in an illegal way, in illegal medical clinics over an illegal number of times, he can roast in hell as far as I am concerned. Until then, have another Bex and go and have another lie down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main points (which seems to have been lost amongst the bullshit) was that there's been complete lack of empathy shown towards those of us who support this club and common sense has been lost forever it would seem.
With respect, that's rubbish.

Plenty here have shown empathy towards the supporters of the Essendon football club and have openly stated as much.

79444965.jpg

If that is all you know, then you have maybe read one article on the subject.

LOL, the denial is amazing.

I cannot believe he can throw the whole club under the bus and destroy it.

He started the program, ran it with Dank, and was in the market to gain financially from it.

How James Hird sleeps at night I will never know.

He was worried about giving up his phone records because he was worried where it would end up.

Ummm, we are all going to see every last text message in the report.

He has nowhere to move, its going to be shameful but the report is going to change the minds of all the East Germany bombers supporters.

Stay on topic.

5 cards. 65 deleted posts. No more chances in this thread.
I sincerely don't mean to say this as a troll grizz, but if yourself and the other mods are working overtime to keep things from getting nasty in these ASADA threads now.... well I shudder to think what things are going to be like after ASADA releases their findings. I don't think it's going to be terribly pretty.

I sincerely don't mean to say this as a troll grizz, but if yourself and the other mods are working overtime to keep things from getting nasty in these ASADA threads now.... well I shudder to think what things are going to be like after ASADA releases their findings. I don't think it's going to be terribly pretty.

New servers to cater for it,

He wanted bigger and stronger. All clubs want to acheive that result, over the years all coaches would say that line regarding the playing group to the media.

I don't know because I was not there, neither were you, we will have to wait until the report.
I don't know because I was not there, neither were you, we will have to wait until the report.

Listing up un aswerable questions at this point of time does not give your post any weight, and you know they are unanswerable but because you know no one can answer them you think it a victory and it throws weight in your corner of the vendetta. Right now we are going to have a disgruntle exemployee in the weopon appear on our TV screens sometime this week and all you jockys are going to jump on and hang off every word while you will be telling yourself you watched it with unbiase eyes. He is going to say anything to paint himself in a positive light, we know this but the mob is going to turn a blind eye to that basic human reaction that is going to air. The weopon got sacked he also has previous links and working relationship with Dank in the pass, the club release the statment saying Robinson was the main instigater of the hiring of Dank and that's why he was stood down. The mob carries on that he is an escape goat blah blah protecting the golden boy blah blah right now that statement is the most plausable one, it maybe be correct and it may be not but with the actually facts we know it's the most logical conclusion hence it's plausable.

You play the card "duty of care" with the players, I have no doubt there was a level "lack of" duty of care from atleast being naive about the ramifications that could result from the program. If the players themselves felt betrayed and felt so strongly that their welfare has been compromised their performace onfield would be affected, they wouldn't be signing contracts to continue playing for the club. They themselves must feel happy within the club and it shows with the support they have displayed towards the board, coaches and club. Who are we to judge postiviely or negitively on that subject where the players themselve who are going through the saga right now haven't expressed or shown that they are unhappy at the club or coach with what happened in 2012.

This is a witch hunt at the highest order due to the fact alot of supporters dislike the EFC because of pass rivalrys and that essendon has remained fairly clean over recent decades in the whole scandle aspects compared to other clubs, there is no doubt there would have been some EFC supporters digging in the boots on other clubs with their scandles. I myself learnt not to go hard and gloat about others misfortune after the carlton salary cap saga, it made the club uncompetitive and unjoyable to watch during matches I don't want to see another club to be sanctioned like that ever again. Every club/supporters will protect their stars that are caught up in any contraversy North did when Carey parked Stevens wife, Eagles did for Cousins and Mainwaring over illicted drugs, half of Richmond supporters were on Bartlett side after sacking, Saints do with Milne over rape allegations, Geelong did with Ablett senior being involved with illicted drugs and associated with a girl dying due to overdosing. I now go into bat for Milne when I hear someone call him a rapist as that's just wrong, he doesn't deserve such a negitive lable when we know jack about the situation and has been cleared previously by the law. You mock us saying "you guys are delusional" pass history has shown that we are ALL delusion to a point regarding our stars caught up in contraversy.

There is no doubt EFC supporters are looking at this saga and being hopeful for a positive outcome that is natural and we are all biase on a certain degree. Guess what though every other supporter from another clubs who are calling for heads on spikes are biase as well but on the oppisite end of the spectrum, with them hopeful of a negitive outcome because of pass history or personal agendas. Personal agendas and vendattas are now being displayed at media level from the Jurnos, Robbo clearly displays a positive light as he supports the EFC while Caro due to pass history and discontent with the EFC has clearly shown how spitful she feels towards EFC. Neither of them show unbiase journalism in their articales and they both should know better as media is a powerful tool, the world is a sadistic place right now we are fed negitivity every day from around the world because negative/contraversal/sad news is what sells more paper. The great percentage of the public does not support the EFC as it is only one club out of eighteen clubs so it is easier to appeal to the masses to gain support.

Every other saga that any other club has been caught up in we all have enjoyed cheap digs and light banta, but all those previous sagas while they were unfolding they didn't last more 2 months MAX. While Carltons saga is arguablely one of the biggest from the pass and they copped the biggest flak of negitive attention, in comparison to the Essendons saga Carltons negitive reporting was nothing due to the fact we live in technology surrounded world and the lack of real investigative Journos. This whole saga to me is meh as football doesn't list as a driving force in my personal life, copping the flak at the start I was happy to do so as I have given banta to others with their saga. Then during the middle of it I was angry/over it that was because we all know jack information and with all the spectulating reporting we were being convicted before the trial had concluded. Right now this whole thing is sad, sad how the media are obtaining leaks from BOTH sides that has compromised the investigation and the public opinion, neither parties should be doing this its wrong. It's sad because it has just reaffirmed what I knew, I fear for this world and where it's heading. Society is built on sadistic people who enjoy the misfortune of others. There is no win for either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back