Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essendon supporters are reaping what they sow, in my experience they are always the first in line to pot another club if something goes wrong. The 2011 GF being a recent example

Every supporter group is the same. Some people within every supporter group take great pleasure in other sides misfortunes, some people choose to focus on their own side's success, be that winning a couple of games, playing finals after a long drought or winning a flag.

Personally, I enjoy football. I have too much fun watching the game and enjoying hangers, good goals and tough battles between 2 good players to worry about ringing/texting/posting when a certain side loses or carrying on like a pork chop when a club sacks a coach/gets fined for salary cap breaches/has players embroiled in recreational drugs/ASADA investigations.

The reason this has become such a talking point is the length of time between becoming public knowledge and any sort of finding being passed down. Once the report is passed down and the findings released, the media coverage of this will disappear within a month and will hardly ever be discussed again (by people within the media, there will be members of opposition supporter groups that will mention it every time their club plays Essendon for the next 20 odd years).

Whether you feel that Paddy Ryder is innocent/guilty/part of this/innocent bystander, I haven't heard of him coming out in the media and asking for sympathy. Obviously this is a difficult time for the player's involved and due to that, there may be pressure placed on their families. If Paddy Ryder chooses to leave Essendon because he put his trust in the club to act within the boundaries of the league and national laws and it is found that they didn't do so (which, as has been mentioned a million times, has not been decided yet), then surely everyone can understand that stance.

I would have thought the most accurate and informed opinions on this case will be the ones that are formed after the report has come out and the findings handed down.

He has had ongoing family issues since well before this scandal broke. There was a period last year where he shouldn't have even been playing.

Everything that has happened recently has compounded things.

Unlike the nuffies on here I'm not going to speculate on why he was summonsed to AFL house.

what kind of family issues?

Every supporter group is the same. Some people within every supporter group take great pleasure in other sides misfortunes, some people choose to focus on their own side's success, be that winning a couple of games, playing finals after a long drought or winning a flag.

Personally, I enjoy football. I have too much fun watching the game and enjoying hangers, good goals and tough battles between 2 good players to worry about ringing/texting/posting when a certain side loses or carrying on like a pork chop when a club sacks a coach/gets fined for salary cap breaches/has players embroiled in recreational drugs/ASADA investigations.

The reason this has become such a talking point is the length of time between becoming public knowledge and any sort of finding being passed down. Once the report is passed down and the findings released, the media coverage of this will disappear within a month and will hardly ever be discussed again (by people within the media, there will be members of opposition supporter groups that will mention it every time their club plays Essendon for the next 20 odd years).

Whether you feel that Paddy Ryder is innocent/guilty/part of this/innocent bystander, I haven't heard of him coming out in the media and asking for sympathy. Obviously this is a difficult time for the player's involved and due to that, there may be pressure placed on their families. If Paddy Ryder chooses to leave Essendon because he put his trust in the club to act within the boundaries of the league and national laws and it is found that they didn't do so (which, as has been mentioned a million times, has not been decided yet), then surely everyone can understand that stance.

I would have thought the most accurate and informed opinions on this case will be the ones that are formed after the report has come out and the findings handed down.

So says the man with 1,774 posts.

yeah, i can see you don't like posting :p

He has said before that he expects to finish his career playing for one of the WA sides, but he still has a good 3 years to go on his contract.
I'm sure Essendon would let him go on compassionate grounds

He has said before that he expects to finish his career playing for one of the WA sides, but he still has a good 3 years to go on his contract.

Stop bullshitting all the time mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances the players have a certain clause in there contract around player safety that could mark all Essendon contracts null and void?

Freo have Sandilands and Clarke, so I dont see us signing him unless he is to play in the back line or forward line and ruck on 20%-30% of the time.

What are the chances the players have a certain clause in there contract around player safety that could mark all Essendon contracts null and void?

Freo have Sandilands and Clarke, so I dont see us signing him unless he is to play in the back line or forward line and ruck on 20%-30% of the time.

If Essendon is whacked with heavy penalties, the Club would be most unwise to refuse a trade of players who wish to leave, regardless of the contract's provisions.

If Essendon is whacked with heavy penalties, the Club would be most unwise to refuse a trade of players who wish to leave, regardless of the contract's provisions.

I think any time a contracted player tells you he wants out of your club, you'd grant it. If players don't want to be there, you're best to trade them as they wish and move on.

If he is slightly disenchanted, absolutely Freo would be into him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back