Official Match Thread S19 Round 5: Gold City Royals vs Sin City Swamprats at The Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this is one for the ages...

The Royals are actually still in Finals contention and it is Round Five.
I'm shocked...
Overall.
Since S16.
Ah you see my friend, this is where you've gone and jumped into the fire without any flame resistant clothing.

Funnily enough we both started in season 16 and since that round 2 matchup of that season, you've lost the last 5 matches against the Royals for a 1-5 overall record.

It's also remiss of you to forget that we've avoided the dreaded wooden spoon during this period, but the same can't be said for the Swamprats who finished stone motherless last the season after your re-admittance to the league. The Royals have also finished above you on the ladder in each of the last 2 seasons and it appears as though that's about to happen again. In fact you've only finished above us once... our debut season in the competition.

This is where things get interesting though, and as bad as we've been, you've been on a similar level. Both clubs have a win loss record of 23-34 during this time, but after we effortlessly dispose of you for the 6th time in succession, you'll stand alone as the worst side in the league during the last 4 seasons.

Pretty embarrassing isn't it?

Now shut your mangy trap and prepare to met with another stinging Royals assault which will catapult you back out of the 8 where you belong.

If only we could somehow find a way to face the Rats every round, we'd be the Kings of the SFA.

Ah you see my friend, this is where you've gone and jumped into the fire without any flame resistant clothing.

Funnily enough we both started in season 16 and since that round 2 matchup of that season, you've lost the last 5 matches against the Royals for a 1-5 overall record.

It's also remiss of you to forget that we've avoided the dreaded wooden spoon during this period, but the same can't be said for the Swamprats who finished stone motherless last the season after your re-admittance to the league. The Royals have also finished above you on the ladder in each of the last 2 seasons and it appears as though that's about to happen again. In fact you've only finished above us once... our debut season in the competition.

This is where things get interesting though, and as bad as we've been, you've been on a similar level. Both clubs have a win loss record of 23-34 during this time, but after we effortlessly dispose of you for the 6th time in succession, you'll stand alone as the worst side in the league during the last 4 seasons.

Pretty embarrassing isn't it?

Now shut your mangy trap and prepare to met with another stinging Royals assault which will catapult you back out of the 8 where you belong.

If only we could somehow find a way to face the Rats every round, we'd be the Kings of the SFA.
Have you guys ever been in the eight...
Careful you don't get nose bleeds reaching these current lofty heights that you will bo doubt slide down again....

Have you guys ever been in the eight...
Careful you don't get nose bleeds reaching these current lofty heights that you will bo doubt slide down again....
Now would be a good time to stretch your neck and look skyward.

Looking up 'How to take care of the Royals' in my search engine I came up with ....

Guillotine_162.JPG

Must have had the browser language set to French.

Now would be a good time to stretch your neck and look skyward.

Rats, Swamprats.

its in the title of the thread

we are not the Sin City Giraffes

now granted our history may be a little underwhelming to the naked eye, however spookism has had a cunning plan hatching for quite sometime.

He has obtained priority picks in Millky95 and Wingard2Wines

picked up Toxic from a late draft pick

and the rebuild has begun, the league is watching and you luckily have front row tickets to the show this weekend

I'm tipping others are jealous that you'll be so close to the action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek:
Gvien your form this year, it'd be fair to rename the Royals

as the

Come from Behind Kids
Do they have goats too?

Rats, Swamprats.

now granted our history may be a little underwhelming to the naked eye, however spookism has had a cunning plan hatching for quite sometime.

and the rebuild has begun, the league is watching and you luckily have front row tickets to the show this weekend

We do have giraffes though...on special requests
giraffe.jpg

Rats, Swamprats.

Has spookism informed you of his cunning plan? I'm sure he hasn't, but let's put it this way, if it came to fruition you wouldn't be a member of the Swamprats and the Royals wouldn't be guaranteed two wins each season.

It was an eventful off-season at Alberton, and even accounting for the relocation to attract players, one thing will always remain... two losses to the Royals and the GoldenRat remaining out of reach.

You'll get to see the famous trophy after the match when Marlowe and myself are once again holding it aloft at the presentation ceremony.

I'm glad you admit you're in a rebulid, the Royals did that a few seasons ago and we're now reaping the rewards. Give it time and you too can build a formidable side and be talked about in the same breath as the Royals... It won't happen overnight, so be patient.

bgt2110 and Blacky are our rookies who have fitted in snugly and made a difference, with the former being statistically better than yourself thus far this season.

Well I play in the midfield and generally take advantage of Easty 's dominance in the centre of the ground, while you'll be left to marvel at his superiority

Easty carries a hammer. You'll be nailed to a tree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S19 Round 5: Gold City Royals vs Sin City Swamprats at The Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back