Official Match Thread S32 Round 16 Gold City Royals v Mount Buller Demons @The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because Tarkyn_24 somehow managed to kick his 1000th SFA goal last week doesn't mean I'm still not going to do everything I can to smother any shot he has at goal this week
Oh is this not over? I thought the SFA was finished now.

View attachment 1276531
Welcome to what promises to be the best match thread of the round! Actually, I don't think that's bold enough for what this thread will be, no not at all.

WELCOME, TO THE BEST MATCH THREAD OF THE YEAR FRIENDS!

Much better, anyway heading into Round 16 and both these sides have something to play for, with the Royals needing a decent victory to secure their place in finals, and the Demons needing a win to have a shot at winning the minor premiership. As your league expert, lets have a bit of a 'PMBangers deep dive' to see what this week may look like!

FORM LINE
It hasn't been pretty for either side over the last 5 weeks, with neither side managing to win more than once in that time, the Royals slightly more embarassed however due to being on a 3 loss streak whilst the Demons lost their most recent match against the Phoenix. It's a hard one to tip, but the Demons have shown slightly more this season and deserve the benefit of the doubt going in.

STRONGEST HITS
Despite not winning many battles this season, the Royals host a lot of strong moves in their arsenal. In the defense ShaunDuggan still remains as a strong one in the league despite a recent switch forward, whilst Blacky, Smartys Power and MrPremiership are all in the top handful of their roles. Moving into the midfield and you've got star rookie krakouers85, spookism, Marlowe, GreyCrow and nahnah that all stack up favourably to the rest of the competition. CakeEater, MC Bad Genius and The Filth Wizard also round out a decent team, it'll require a lift from the rest to get the Royals across for this one however.

The Demons are a team that believes in even contributions, with not many standouts but a heap of solid contributors. The highlights in this group include Bluelegs, moginie, DemonJim, cooney, Azarole, Proper Gander and Headless, it's a deep and strong group with plenty of others close to being in the top handful in their roles in the league. The Demons don't need so much a lift, but more a 'be high enough to push the Royals down' to get the 'W' here

THE BUILD UP
It's always an entertaining press week when these two teams find themselves against each other, and resembles more of a 'catch up' than anything hostile, while I'm certain there'll be some light-hearted jabs thrown about, I wouldn't be watching the press conferences if you're looking for conflict!

SPECIAL MENTION
Proper Gander currently leads the Fred Medal by one goal, and is coming up against the statistically strongest Full Back in the competition Blacky, so expect an enthralling contest as both of these legends aim to stay on top of their respective positions.

TEAM SHEETS DUE AT 11:59 PM AEDT THURSDAY
The Filth Wizard manangatang
Have PMBangers killed

Liquorice is an Aids wrapped Covid Sandwich that's been left in the sun for about a week and a half.
It’s the friend not invited to the Strokes concert

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S32 Round 16 Gold City Royals v Mount Buller Demons @The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back