Official Match Thread S38, Round 15 (International Round) - Las Vegas Bears v Baghdad Bombers at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to fiscal mismanagement, Sweet FA Administration have again been forced to sell a round of games to the highest bidders in an attempt to stave off being placed into receivership.

This game has been purchased by the South African government, who insist on the preview in Afrikaans (translation in Spoiler):

FNB-stadion is nie net 'n stadion nie, dit is 'n reuse, feestelike kopknik vir Afrika-kultuur en -gees. As jy jou oë op sy fasade lê, geïnspireer deur 'n kalbaspot, sien jy meer as 'n sportplek. Jy kry 'n blik op 'n lewendige erfenis, gesimboliseer in aardse kleure wat om sy buitekant vou, wat 'n gevoel van eenheid en harmonie uitstraal. ’n Ring van ligte om die onderkant van die struktuur simuleer vuur onder die pot, terwyl gapings in die mosaïekteëls beteken dat die stadion die sterverligte Afrika-hemel naboots wanneer dit van binne verlig word. Dit is gebou vir die 2010 Wêreldbeker-eindstryd en hou 95 000 mense, en verwag 'n vol huis vir hierdie pronkstuk van Sweet FA Qootball.

In 'n onderste 4-botsing wat slegs gevolglik is vir die 9de geplaasde Las Vegas Bears, gaan hulle na die hoogtes in Johannesburg Suid-Afrika om die waarskynlike houtlepels, die Bagdad Bombers, te huisves. Die Bombers is feitlik uit die eindstrydwedloop, maar die Bears sal hulself steeds as potensiële finaliste beskou, slegs 'n halwe wedstryd buite die top-8 en met 'n wedstryd in die hand.

Verwag dat Bears-sterre soos Cap, Millky95 en @ MWPP hulle tot 'n omvattende oorwinning voor 'n groot skare verwarde Suid-Afrikaners sal lei. Dra met 30 punte.

Kapteins, dien asseblief amptelike spanblaaie in op die gewone plek op die gewone tyd, skat ek

FNB Stadium isn’t just a stadium, it's a giant, celebratory nod to African culture and spirit. When you lay your eyes on its facade, inspired by a calabash pot, you see more than a sports venue. You're getting a glimpse into a vibrant heritage, symbolised in earthy colours that wrap around its exterior, projecting a sense of unity and harmony. A ring of lights around the bottom of the structure simulates fire underneath the pot, while gaps in the mosaic tiles mean the stadium mimics the starlit African sky when lit from within. Built for the 2010 World Cup Final, it holds 95000 people, and expect a full house for this showpiece of Sweet FA Qootball.

In a bottom 4 clash that is consequential for the 9th placed Las Vegas Bears only, they head to the altitudes in Johannesburg South Africa to host the likely wooden spooners the Baghdad Bombers. The Bombers are virtually out of the finals race, but the Bears would still consider themselves potential finalists, only half a game outside the top 8 and with a game in hand.

Expect Bears stars such as Cap, Millky95 and @ MWPP to lead them to a comprehensive victory in front of a huge crowd of confused South Africans. Bears by 30 points.

Captains, please submit Official Team Sheets in the usual place at the usual time, I guess
tony Jabba73

tony - how many qoins did it take to sell our precious home game? And who made the decision? Going early so there is someone to blame when we lose

Thanks for the OP Ant Bear - as someone with international links, international round is always close to my heart

Also, hi Bombers. Jo’burg is much closer to Baghdad than Vegas so this may as well be your home game

The Royals also missed yet another trick - they could’ve played at the City Of Gold. Their loss.

What Baghdad don't know is they have a 1 way ticket. It's time to Fitzroy these bottom feeders of Qooty.
Will not be missed at all.

Due to fiscal mismanagement, Sweet FA Administration have again been forced to sell a round of games to the highest bidders in an attempt to stave off being placed into receivership.

This game has been purchased by the South African government, who insist on the preview in Afrikaans (translation in Spoiler):

FNB-stadion is nie net 'n stadion nie, dit is 'n reuse, feestelike kopknik vir Afrika-kultuur en -gees. As jy jou oë op sy fasade lê, geïnspireer deur 'n kalbaspot, sien jy meer as 'n sportplek. Jy kry 'n blik op 'n lewendige erfenis, gesimboliseer in aardse kleure wat om sy buitekant vou, wat 'n gevoel van eenheid en harmonie uitstraal. ’n Ring van ligte om die onderkant van die struktuur simuleer vuur onder die pot, terwyl gapings in die mosaïekteëls beteken dat die stadion die sterverligte Afrika-hemel naboots wanneer dit van binne verlig word. Dit is gebou vir die 2010 Wêreldbeker-eindstryd en hou 95 000 mense, en verwag 'n vol huis vir hierdie pronkstuk van Sweet FA Qootball.

In 'n onderste 4-botsing wat slegs gevolglik is vir die 9de geplaasde Las Vegas Bears, gaan hulle na die hoogtes in Johannesburg Suid-Afrika om die waarskynlike houtlepels, die Bagdad Bombers, te huisves. Die Bombers is feitlik uit die eindstrydwedloop, maar die Bears sal hulself steeds as potensiële finaliste beskou, slegs 'n halwe wedstryd buite die top-8 en met 'n wedstryd in die hand.

Verwag dat Bears-sterre soos Cap, Millky95 en @ MWPP hulle tot 'n omvattende oorwinning voor 'n groot skare verwarde Suid-Afrikaners sal lei. Dra met 30 punte.

Kapteins, dien asseblief amptelike spanblaaie in op die gewone plek op die gewone tyd, skat ek

FNB Stadium isn’t just a stadium, it's a giant, celebratory nod to African culture and spirit. When you lay your eyes on its facade, inspired by a calabash pot, you see more than a sports venue. You're getting a glimpse into a vibrant heritage, symbolised in earthy colours that wrap around its exterior, projecting a sense of unity and harmony. A ring of lights around the bottom of the structure simulates fire underneath the pot, while gaps in the mosaic tiles mean the stadium mimics the starlit African sky when lit from within. Built for the 2010 World Cup Final, it holds 95000 people, and expect a full house for this showpiece of Sweet FA Qootball.

In a bottom 4 clash that is consequential for the 9th placed Las Vegas Bears only, they head to the altitudes in Johannesburg South Africa to host the likely wooden spooners the Baghdad Bombers. The Bombers are virtually out of the finals race, but the Bears would still consider themselves potential finalists, only half a game outside the top 8 and with a game in hand.

Expect Bears stars such as Cap, Millky95 and @ MWPP to lead them to a comprehensive victory in front of a huge crowd of confused South Africans. Bears by 30 points.

Captains, please submit Official Team Sheets in the usual place at the usual time, I guess
tony Jabba73
I love the OP, any chance I can get a hot dog roll big enough for my boerwurst ?

Hi Bears , hope you campaigners are going alright !

tony - how many qoins did it take to sell our precious home game? And who made the decision? Going early so there is someone to blame when we lose
Just 100 easy lump sum payments of 200 Hundred G's is all it took for South Africa to buy the game off us. We're 2-3 at home this season so selling the game off makes sense to me.

tony invoice.jpg

I love the OP, any chance I can get a hot dog roll big enough for my boerwurst ?

Hi Blue, how's the carwash going? you still getting a lot of customers.

bat car wash.gif

Hi Blue, how's the carwash going? you still getting a lot of customers.

View attachment 2153285
Despite being used to Test Tickle I’m still struggling to unsee that shower one BLUEALLTHRU

Between Halloween and Diwali (which fall on the same night this year) , and health related follow-up/treatment it’s going to be an atypical week. At least it’ll go quickly,

How are you BAT? :)

surely you couldn’t lose the unloseable?

I could be open to an insurance payment should you all feel uneasy😂
We have made an art form of that this year so my default expectation is a loss. Our % says it all.

Topical insurance mention as I spent part of last week and this morning following up with the dodgy home insurance company who took my excess and are claiming that it was serial rather than once off damage

If I get my excess back at the end of it and the company pretend that I never lodged the claim that’s a win at this rate

surely you couldn’t lose the unloseable?

I could be open to an insurance payment should you all feel uneasy😂
You have tempted faith now, the Bears will now make it their mission to somehow **** up this week.

Would one easy lump sum payment from the South African government be enough to secure a win for the Bears this week.

What Baghdad don't know is they have a 1 way ticket. It's time to Fitzroy these bottom feeders of Qooty.
That's the nicest thing you have ever said about us.

Please stop, it is disturbing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the OP Ant Bear - as someone with international links, international round is always close to my heart

Also, hi Bombers. Jo’burg is much closer to Baghdad than Vegas so this may as well be your home game

The Royals also missed yet another trick - they could’ve played at the City Of Gold. Their loss.
Every game is a home game because every match thread we are out in force or Jab forces us to get here. I’ve already lost one finger due to his tyrannical ruling, so Jabba73 I'm here okay!

You have tempted faith now, the Bears will now make it their mission to somehow **** up this week.

Would one easy lump sum payment from the South African government be enough to secure a win for the Bears this week.
Only if it pays more than the bet I have on at the bookies.

Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

Every game is a home game because every match thread we are out in force or Jab forces us to get here. I’ve already lost one finger due to his tyrannical ruling, so Jabba73 I'm here okay!
1730110743567.png

Me too!
IMG_6556.jpeg

We have made an art form of that this year so my default expectation is a loss. Our % says it all.

Topical insurance mention as I spent part of last week and this morning following up with the dodgy home insurance company who took my excess and are claiming that it was serial rather than once off damage

If I get my excess back at the end of it and the company pretend that I never lodged the claim that’s a win at this rate
Hate dealing with those campaigners! They don’t mind taking your money!!!

Despite being used to Test Tickle I’m still struggling to unsee that shower one BLUEALLTHRU

Between Halloween and Diwali (which fall on the same night this year) , and health related follow-up/treatment it’s going to be an atypical week. At least it’ll go quickly,

How are you BAT? :)
I’m going away down South to Busselton in 2 weeks for a few nights , been a testing year and looking forward to not working!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S38, Round 15 (International Round) - Las Vegas Bears v Baghdad Bombers at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back