SA20 2024 Season (10 Jan-10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win last night. Just watched the highlights. This Daniel Worrell guy has been something else for us this year. Last year it was the Bulldog, not this. Bring Worrell back to the Australia T20I side.

The rest of the fixture looks ****ed, two double headers to end the season. Just can't lose both games.

Game 26:

Teams:

MI Cape Town
(Playing XI): Rassie van der Dussen, Ryan Rickelton(w), Liam Livingstone, Kieron Pollard(c), Dewald Brevis, George Linde, Sam Curran, Thomas Kaber, Nealan van Heerden, Kagiso Rabada, Nuwan Thushara

Pretoria Capitals (Playing XI): Philip Salt(w), Will Jacks, Kyle Verreynne, Rilee Rossouw, Colin Ackermann, Theunis de Bruyn, Shane Dadswell, Wayne Parnell(c), Eathan Bosch, Adil Rashid, Daryn Dupavillon

MI Cape Town have won the toss and have opted to bat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was Verreynne arguing with that bowler toward the end of the game? Did he accidentally bowl a beamer?
One of the overs Ven Heerden didnt like some off the wide calls, given against him, and Verreynne was trying to get wide calls. A bit of trash talking between the two at the end of the 16th over.

Kieron Pollard has done enough in the last 2 games to suggest to me he isnt as cooked as we had initially thought. Scored 27 off 7 last night but the right Player of the match was awarded in the losing side from Verreynne.

Look I didn think Verreynne was that good a bat but this tournament has changed my perception of him as wicket keeper/batter.

2nd v 3rd:

Sunrisers Eastern Cape (Playing XI): Jordan Hermann, Dawid Malan, Tom Abell, Aiden Markram(c), Tristan Stubbs(w), Patrick Kruger, Marco Jansen, Liam Dawson, Beyers Swanepoel, Simon Harmer, Daniel Worrall

Paarl Royals (Playing XI): Jason Roy, Jos Buttler(w), Wihan Lubbe, Mitchell Van Buuren, David Miller(c), Dane Vilas, Evan Jones, Bjorn Fortuin, Lungi Ngidi, Obed McCoy, Tabraiz Shamsi

Sunrisers Eastern Cape have won the toss and have opted to bat in Game 27 of the SA20

Last nights win for Sunrisers Eastern Cape also confirms they will get 2 bites of the cherries come Playoffs time.

Marco Jansen named man of the match promoted up the order at 4 and getting 70 odd in quick time, along with his 2 wickets.

I had to recheck the scoreboard last night, Sunrisers scored 89 runs off the last 5 overs of their innings at Paarl. Thats unheard of given how bowler friendly the conditions are usually there.

Feels very much like a ground where you have to bat conservatively first 10 overs, then if you have wickets in hand you can launch.

Game 28 of the SA20 as we reach the final conclusions of the regular season on Super Saturday:

Teams:

Pretoria Capitals
(Playing XI): Philip Salt(w), Will Jacks, Kyle Verreynne, Rilee Rossouw, Colin Ackermann, Theunis de Bruyn, Senuran Muthusamy, Wayne Parnell(c), Eathan Bosch, Adil Rashid, Daryn Dupavillon

MI Cape Town (Playing XI): Rassie van der Dussen, Ryan Rickelton(w), Liam Livingstone, Dewald Brevis, Sam Curran, Kieron Pollard(c), George Linde, Thomas Kaber, Kagiso Rabada, Nealan van Heerden, Nuwan Thushara

MI Cape Town have won the toss and have opted to bat

A win for MI Cape Town and it probably goes closet to securing the passport to the Playoffs. A Pretoria means they will need a favour in the next game to progress to the Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

SA20 2024 Season (10 Jan-10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back