Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful trolling by Bucks.

He mentions the Fagan press conference after the GWS loss and just look at Kane's face.

As a reminder, this is what Kane said at the time.

"Unfortunately this club has listened to the supporters for a long time, and I hope they are removing that and making the decision for what is best for the footy club." - Kane Cornes

What a crock of crap. Hinkley would have been sent packing to Gold Coast 7+ years ago if they listened.

"Unfortunately this club has listened to the supporters for a long time, and I hope they are removing that and making the decision for what is best for the footy club." - Kane Cornes

What a crock of crap. Hinkley would have been sent packing to Gold Coast 7+ years ago if they listened.
Was about to comment on the same thing. If the club had been listening to supporters it wouldn’t have gotten to the point of booing the senior coach just to be heard.

Last edited:
If the club was serious Ken wouldn't have coached a game after (at the latest) 2019.
This is it, hey.

Our Board blinked and shat the bed after the 2017 EF debacle and extended Ken scared of him running to the Gold Coast, despite the fact that the last three years had yielded only 1 final, a loss.

Then 2018 and 2019 happen marking one finals appearance in 5 bloody years, and he still sticks around.

I can almost forgive what happened from 2020 to now - but how the hell did he manage to get two contract extensions after what transpired between 2015 and 2019?

Lol finally trying to listen to this...

"Port are patently not good enough to challenge the top end. They have gently tried to share that with their supporter base and it has fallen on deaf ears."

So if we're not good enough after 12 years why would you persist with the same bloke that's built the players and game plan in that time?

Why would you give away a top young player and your future first and second draft picks to go "all in" in 2024?

And why would you say your plan is to win 3 flags in 5 years in the first place?

Its mindblowing how dumb these morons are. If after 12 years you still aren't good enough to challenge, then we need a new coach.
Matthew Richardson stood up at the AGM and told us all if we're not excited about the list and where we're going then there's something wrong with us (then I started yelling at him calling bullshit basically). They have not gently tried to tell us anything until the last week or two which is the usual goal post shifting rubbish we get when things turn sour.

OMG, he had to say it, be careful what you wish for, does he get his father to write this stuff for him.

1990, Graham stated the good times are over in the loss to Port in the Grand Final. Next minute we win most of the 1990's premierships and entered into the AFL as the first and only pre-established club.

So when you listen to the wisdom of any Cornes, just do the complete opposite because that's where the success is.

So any news of an emergency board meeting to boot Ken?

That won't happen until the footy committee meet as they are the group who makes the recommendation about the coach to the Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess my biggest concern for the club long term, is that our limp wristed, stability focused approach will continue beyond Ken.

I think even the current board realises that Ken is gone now, but my fear beyond that becomes that I don't want to see this happen again. The club can NOT just bring in a new coach, especially not Josh Carr, and just hitch their wagon to him for another 12 years.

Yes, offer up an initial 3 year contract, give the new coach some time, but don't go extending that by 4 more, stick with shorter terms, and if it is failing and we're not seeing the potential to win a flag, then don't be afraid and cut the cord.

I think the thing the Hinkley lovers forget, is not that Ken hasn't been a good coach, and that we have been up there, but that in the last 10 years, we have never really been a premiership threat. In 2020, heavily favoured by Covid, we had a good season, but we were absolutely spanked away from home by 2 of the other top 4 sides, we would've lost to Geelong had we made it past the other top 4 side who also beat us. So even in our dream season, with everything falling our way there were still warning signs. In no other year since 2014 have I truly believed we could win a flag.

2021 was totally doubtful until an amazing R23 win against the Dogs, which was totally wiped away 3 weeks later, but wasn't a fluke as the Dogs had blown us out early in games multiple times, including that R23 clash.
2023 was just a flukey streak, that was only motivated by a club great putting a blow torch on us. The first time we'd seen our group motivated in a long time and once that wore off and the whips were cracking, again we could see there was no way we were winning a Prelim at the MCG Vs Coll, or any final in Bris, we were nowhere near good enough to win them and a flag.

All these years of not being a premiership threat is the problem. We don't expect to win it every year, we understand there'll be developing years and regressing years, but with Ken, he has never been able to generate that mystical team connection that Sydney appear to have, Collingwood have, Richmond had, etc, that takes you from just a good team to a great team. It's time to move him on and look for a coach that might be able to unlock that mythical connection and take us to the next level. And if we dont see that with the next coach, he too should be sacked, not after 12 years though.

Last edited:
The Port Adelaide mob is again at the gates with their flaming torches and pitchforks. They want the head of the coach on a stake and won’t be satisfied until the guillotine falls.
They’ll get Ken eventually … had Saturday blown out to a hundred points it might have been now. What they’ll picket and riot for then is anyone’s guess.

This is it, hey.

Our Board blinked and shat the bed after the 2017 EF debacle and extended Ken scared of him running to the Gold Coast, despite the fact that the last three years had yielded only 1 final, a loss.

Then 2018 and 2019 happen marking one finals appearance in 5 bloody years, and he still sticks around.

I can almost forgive what happened from 2020 to now - but how the hell did he manage to get two contract extensions after what transpired between 2015 and 2019?

We shouldn’t even count 2020 when judging his tenure. Shortened games in a shortened season in front of next to nobody at neutral venues. There are just too many never to be repeated variables in the mix so all it’s really doing is polluting the data.

Sticker man could tip this shit over the edge, nows the time.

About this size below will do best. Anyone keen to inquire?

1719196474709.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back