Votes: 45 58.4%
  • monday

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

said he would never coach another flag

sucks to be right

Winning would been great a close loss would of given me optimism for 2025

In probably the most viewed GF of all time Millions just watched us be embarrassed.

My dad doesnt even watch AFL is a NRL fanatic and he calls me and goes what happened to Sydney Swans

I genuinely mean this but with the way we played today I think North Melbourne would have had a shot at winning.

wouldn't beat anyone with that effort after quarter time

I feel Horse is a good coach, but at this stage something has to change. We keep getting here to get the same result.

We've changed everything else about our club since Horse has been in charge.

I'm a big believer in Horse but it's becoming all too clear that he cannot handle the big game

We heard during the week, when asked players said they'd moved on from 22. It showed we either haven't or moved on so much that they didn't care enough to not let it happen again. Gururantee Brisbane used last year to fuel them. Not that they had much push back from us. They were good but not world beaters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went through the five stages of grief before half time.

Was just bewilderment after that
I think I went though all 5 stages at half time. I sat there in a Brisbane pub surrounded by lions supporters until 3/4 time andfor the second grand final in a row, didn't watch the last.

I think I went though all 5 stages at half time. I sat there in a Brisbane pub surrounded by lions supporters until 3/4 time andfor the second grand final in a row, didn't watch the last.

In brissie and stayed home.

I think I may continue to do that all GFs.

Cheaper booze

I will be going to the GF Dinner at Crown tonight and expect it to be a rather sombre affair.

I have relentlessly defended Horse and his record. I still believe that he is one of the best, if not the best, at extracting the maximum out of a young draftee or player traded in from another system.

And for the most part, he is a great game day tactician.

However, this caper is ultimately about lifting the cup and flying the blue pennant flag. And for whatever reason, as inexplicable as it may be, it is clear that after 4 appearances where we were not only beaten, but were largely uncompetitive, he is incapable of extracting the best out of the playing group on grand final day.

With this in mind, and if he has any shred of dignity, he will do the right thing and inform the crowd at tonight's dinner - many of whom have a long association with the club and have spent a fortune to be here - that he is tendering his resignation as head coach of the Sydney Swans football club, effective immediately.

I would also implore everyone to put their frustrations aside at this time and refrain from personal insults against one another as there is nothing to be gained from doing so, and let's face it - we are all hurting at this time.

Have a good off season and see you all next year!
Post of the year

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

You hear about coaches like Hardwick, Clarkson, McRae etc using these outside the box things to get their players motivated for big games... Highlights packages with inspirational music, d&ms around a campfire on the farm etc etc.

Does horse simply not know how to get the players heads right?

How do we dominate, everything but the grand final. How do we not even give a ****ing yelp?

I love horse, I really do and he deserves credit for his record but why does this happen?

I don't want him sacked but I want some serious questions from the board asked about this shit.

Fk horse. **** the showponys

Horse needs to go. Hope he falls on his own sword. Noone can talk themselves out of 4 straight GF losses.

Ps off already

Bring in Cox
Bringing in a bloke who's already there and has a big say in this stuff and getting the players heads in the right space is not going to be a cure all.

Bringing in a bloke who's already there and has a big say in this stuff and getting the players heads in the right space is not going to be a cure all.

With that attitude we would have said "why hire Paul Roos when he was an assistant under Rodney Eade and was just as responsible for the teams poor performances"

Put up an alternative name.

I just want horse out. He's stale and continues to talk about "contests ". How about winning a grand final for a change

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back