Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 44 60.3%
  • monday

Votes: 29 39.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With that attitude we would have said "why hire Paul Roos when he was an assistant under Rodney Eade and was just as responsible for the teams poor performances"
I'm not saying we shouldn't go with Cox. I'm saying we need a full review of our entire coaching panel and our approach to motivating our players in situations like this. We need to know why this happens, not just replace the coach and hope something changes.

I've never doubted Horses' ability as coach, he's great.

This isn't being kneejerk since I never said the same thing after 2022, but tonight is this first time I will say he should stand aside. He won't be the coach to take us to our next flag.

Today was a real genuine shot at a chance of redemtion of all our 3 previous Grand Final failures and it was another massive letdown. We were thrashed again.

He has to go.

That's it. Horse is unfortunately a home and away hero that can't get us over the line when it matters. I'm starting to think 2012 was more of fluke.

We could be bottom dwellers if horse leaves

Honestly he maximises our list

The only thing that needs to change is our midfield setups

Although it feels like we’ve been saying this for years

We havent had a neale, tom mitchell, dangerfield see ball win ball player in a long time

We could be bottom dwellers if horse leaves

Honestly he maximises our list

The only thing that needs to change is our midfield setups

Although it feels like we’ve been saying this for years

We havent had a neale, tom mitchell, dangerfield see ball win ball player in a long time

Two minds here.

Maximises list - sure

Cannot get over the last hurdle so what does it matter?

Maybe bottoming out will help us do a full rebuild

Parden me for intruding.

As a born and bred Sydney-sider that changed to Freo when I was 9 years old in 2003.

I still have a soft spot for the Swans to this day. And was hoping they won today.

But Longmire's GF record has to be talked about now. His legacy in a way is now soured by his horrific GF record.

4 losses and 3 have been beltings.

3 of those 4 losses the Swans also finished above the team that beat them on the ladder.

The biggest issue I reckon is Sydney get all this hype in the local media in the build up then get flogged.

But there is never any fallout.

Maybe in Melbourne but never reaches Sydney as there is SFA in the telegraph or Fairfax in Sydney after a GF flogging

It seems the mentality in Sydney is Swans making the GF is an achievement and whatever happens well we forget about it come fulltime and get behind them again game 1 the following year.

The biggest issue I reckon is Sydney get all this hype in the local media in the build up then get flogged.

But there is never any fallout.

Maybe in Melbourne but never reaches Sydney as there is SFA in the telegraph or Fairfax in Sydney after a GF flogging

It seems the mentality in Sydney is Swans making the GF is an achievement and whatever happens well we forget about it come fulltime and get behind them again game 1 the following year.
Definitely feels that way, last sacking was in 2002 with Eade and even he spent 7 years here. Not much media pressure at all. Honestly I think its an AFL thing where if they get sacked its well past their due date.

Meanwhile people were going hard at the Broncos in the Sydney/Brisbane media and they lost in a close GF. Not even a second chance for Walters.

Sydney Swans hiring 2025... a team motivator - only job is to be there and do the job in GF week, nothing more nothing less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox turned down the Eagles role because Horse is heading there
Exactly what I heard in the Sack Hinkley thread lol. West Coast is looking for an experienced guy to steady the ship in a rebuild I reckon. At least a respected figure. Just to get them out of bottom 2 territory.

2022 Reid
2024 McDonald

Madness: doing the same thing & expecting a different result.
I was absolutely convinced he only selected McDonald because he was convincned he could contribute... lol. I seriously didn't think he'd make the same mistake again.

But, at the end of the day, it really isn't about bad selection, it's really more that Horse is just an extremely poor coach on Grand Final day.

Quite simply, Longmire has to go. Thanks for everything you’ve done John, but the time has come.

The record in grand finals can’t be ignored, no matter how well we do throughout the season. 1 and 4, with the win coming from what was left of Paul Roos’ team - and it’s not like we’ve had close losses either. We simply won’t win another premiership with him at the helm.

We shouldn’t stop there though, there’s too many players in the side that we can’t win a grand final with, but we can’t go through the draft and hope the players develop. We’ve done that with so many in the side and it’s shown mentally they aren’t capable of showing up in the big game. We need proven, mentally strong players along with a new coach.

Definitely feels that way, last sacking was in 2002 with Eade and even he spent 7 years here. Not much media pressure at all. Honestly I think its an AFL thing where if they get sacked its well past their due date.

Meanwhile people were going hard at the Broncos in the Sydney/Brisbane media and they lost in a close GF. Not even a second chance for Walters.
Look I won't turn this into NRL chat.

But I am fuming the Broncos sacked Kevvie.

I wanted them to waste another season by sacking him in round 5. When it was clear he had run his race in the last 5 weeks.

The Broncos were ruthless and the irony is Tallis will lose his shit even more when the NSW coach Maguire takes over next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back