Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • monday

Votes: 39 36.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are the swans not hiring Brandon Jack immediately?

Are they stupid?

Some of us identified his deficiencies years ago and have been calling for his removal for a long time

Those of us who did were shouted down by the majority, but we were proven correct
Sorry.
I accidentally came & Posted in the Port Adelaide thread. I’ll head back to the Swans thread now.
My apologies for intruding.👍
We got lucky that a succession plan from Roos-Longmire actually worked, because not many do. It's highly unlikely that we have the same luck if the Longmire-Cox succession plan happens.

Need a couple of young assistant coaches who have the desire to make a real difference and haven't been associated with the club at all. It's been the same voices for years in the coaches box.
Horse - Cox has a good feel!

I don’t want to be that club that pushes their coach. That would be a disgrace.
The guy has done all he can, better than 95% of all coaches that have come before him in the whole of the AFL.

We will never ever see our team play in 5 grand finals in 13 years under another coach.
NEVER!
You let such a person make his own choice to see out his contract. He has earned that right.
I love Horse for giving me a premiership as a supporter & for giving me some hope at least that we could win more.
It didn’t work out. Don’t hang him.

The guy has done all he can, better than 95% of all coaches that have come before him in the whole of the AFL.

We will never ever see our team play in 5 grand finals in 13 years under another coach.
NEVER!
You let such a person make his own choice to see out his contract. He has earned that right.
I love Horse for giving me a premiership as a supporter & for giving me some hope at least that we could win more.
Probably the sorter thing u say if u lose them 4 grand finals whilst giving your 100% effort ….sorry I love that you are trying to b the perfect supporter but your just wrong ,non competitive on the big stage on a number of occasions out weighs any home and away record he has I think with the talent he has at his disposal our scg record and support 90% of coaches could get us to finals ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEVER!
How very circumspect.

I (waveringly) agree re: seeing out his contract.

I am, however concerned that he’ll seek an extension, borne out of a stubborn determination to “fix the legacy”.

And remember, the club has previously made absurd “he has the job for as long as he wants it” type statements.

I really do encourage anyone who has access to espn to watch

in time you can look back and think what a gallant but flawed team. I feel like this might be the swans but for 2012.

That's not a valid comparison for mine.

Buffalo was a whisker away from winning the first one, lost the second by 13 albeit after a slow start, was badly slaughtered in the third and was leading in the 3rd qtr of the fourth.

The Swans, OTOH, were only remotely close ONCE in their four attempts.

The Bills head coach is still revered in western New York. The same cannot be said of Horse and his legacy.

NEVER!

🤮

I reckon he will announce at the B&F that he will stand down at the end of 25 and he probably deserves it
There must be a chance he calls it day at the b n f effective immediately, I think the executive will talk him out of that. It does railroad us to Cox as really, who else is there? Is Leon Cameron in the mix….Stewie Dew……who knows, but it’s getting a bit late to resign effective immediately.

Last edited:
That's not a valid comparison for mine.

Buffalo was a whisker away from winning the first one, lost the second by 13 albeit after a slow start, was badly slaughtered in the third and was leading in the 3rd qtr of the fourth.

The Swans, OTOH, were only remotely close ONCE in their four attempts.

The Bills head coach is still revered in western New York. The same cannot be said of Horse and his legacy.
I’m willing to defer to someone with a bills helmet as their avatar.

And yet as someone who lived through it watching don lane every Monday night and being an avid sports illustrated fan - totally committed to 49ers footbal I’d say there are enough comparisons

There is a fair bit of hindsight about that team now which reflects this being the bills golden age. Thurman Thomas is revered but I can assure there weren’t too many bills fans super happy after the second. And were there chat communities back then the fans would have been as we are - divided between its great to have winning seasons buts horrible to fail at the end.

They were full of great players but kept failing in the big stage.

The failures of the bills reflected the same issues we’ve had. Great seasons and repeated failures at the true pointy end. To the extent that they became a watchword for failure.

We are getting to this stage. People including us are debatigg whether this group of players were they to get there again could rise to the challenge. That was a common discussion about the bills.

The rest of the USA couldn’t face them going there and losing again. That’s a pretty widespread reaction here and now.

To my mind your point that the bills were competitive simply underscores the point that you are either happy with achieving what 16 other teams didn’t manage or are unhappy that when the moment came you didn’t seize it.

Which is why I’m now firmly in the coaching setup and structure needs changing. With all of the advantages of low levels of injury and high winning percentage we allowed our approach to be unpicked to the point where the coaches were unable to do anything to stop repeated run ons by other teams. They were unable to appreciate that the forward line was unbalanced and became even more so with Parker included. They were unable to recognise the extent to which putting everything through heeney meant there was no plan b.

So my frustration isn’t with the players but with the coaches and to some degree the club in their non reaction.

There must be a chance he calls it day at the b n f effective immediately, I think the executive will talk him out of that. It does railroad us to Cox as really, who else is there? I’d Leon Cameron in the mix….Stewie Dew……who knows, but it’s getting a bit late to resign effective immediately.
I wish ,but it won’t happen and cox seems shit cause you’d think he’s so close to horse and will follow on with his way of game style ,but I doubt it cause the statement of standing down will show that this team needs change needs a hard nose approach and needs a plan b when shit gets real …so he’ll have to change things it’s all we can really hope change on some level big time

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back