Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • monday

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the core is up to it.

Well you mention the Core the only players pending trade/retirement in 5 years will be.

FB Blakey ?? ??
HB Melican ?? ??
HF Gulden *Logan ??
C Jordon *Warner ??
Foll Mills ?? Rowbottom

The more concerning is the below we were significantly better placed than Brisbane on the weekend for experience.

Screenshot 2024-10-03 124333.png

Maybe they should try rearranging the deck chairs then.
There is obviously some good football minds in the box. Maybe swap Longmire and Cameron around, GWS have always played with a bit of mongrel about them, God knows we could use some of that.
Not sure Cameron is the go to for being competitive in grand finals.

114-25 is even worse than our attempts.

No, there's not," Harley said of the succession plan.

"Dean's an absolutely exceptional assistant coach at the moment, and certainly he has senior coach aspirations.

"Dean is very happy doing what he's doing and playing a supporting role."

So if we are to believe that there is no succession planning and Cox is not ready to take over yet?

I don’t care about who replaces him, just get him out of the joint

Doesn’t sound very promising though, if they extend his contract I’m out

Absolute dud
Reckon that would put me on the edge too. He's had his time - good coach but will never become great.

"Dean's an absolutely exceptional assistant coach at the moment, and certainly he has senior coach aspirations.

So if we are to believe that there is no succession planning and Cox is not ready to take over yet?
What a lot of crap

As King would say its a fake 2nd, Brisbane supporters can chime in if they see this there were PLENTY of calls to move Fagan on after 0-3.

Geelong deserve 2nd place.
Out of GWS, Geelong and Brisbane- I think Brisbane was the hardest matchup. Both because they were the best and because their strengths play to our weaknesses.

We’ll never know, but I would have been more confident against Geelong or GWS. I think Sydney deserved second spot. Geelong to my mind played well above the quality of its list, and were lucky to play Port in the first round of finals. Port made both Geelong and Sydney look better than they were.

Last edited:

This could be mean a number of things. It could be mean legitimately the Swans don’t know who will coach next.

I suspect it means that they think Cox will be next but don’t want to commmit until it is final because:

1. If they say it now, it will make Horse a lame duck coaching swans

2. Outside chance Cox jumps at opportunity to coach somewhere else, making Sydney look really dumb

3. Outside chance Sydney identifies someone they want more than Cox, either tying their hands or really upsetting the rail cart.

4. They want to keep the other assistants at Sydney keen.

5. There is almost no upside in accounting Cox now.

I could be wrong, but I just can’t believe Cox would turn down the Eagles if he didn’t have strong inside running at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a dud !

Fair call, I’m still angry

Doesn’t change my sentiment, he’s not the man to take us forward and needs to either step aside or be removed

The latter looks very unlikely unfortunately and we’ll suffer through another wasted year with a bloke who will never deliver a premiership

Horse isn't a dud. I don't buy the whole "inherited Roos team" stuff. Horse was also there as Roos assistant throughout 2002-10 (this gets missed by many), had some new players in, changed some things from the Roos era and overcame the best side of the era. Yeah, Hawks were inaccurate, but we were accurate.

2016 I don't think we were at our best, but hard to hold it against him.

However...

Something is clearly going wrong with prep and strategy for grand finals.

I want someone from the outside to review this and be brutally honest. I want some fresh coaching blood into the ranks.

I don't want Horse renewed until after the 2025 season ends. I'm at the point where it's a flag or he's gone, can transition into Cameron's role or leave.

Club can get stuffed. Absolutely weak as piss. They all think getting into a GF is a success.

Going to sell all my memorabilia and put that money towards supporting the Tassie side.

Bloods culture meant something 10 years ago.

It's dead now and so has the clubs soul.

That's what happens when dickhied Geelong folks run the joint.

Harley can get bent too

If we were a truly professional and world class organisation then we would be having an external review.

Bigfoot members we need a coup just like Kamp Krusty

Kapers, you’re not normally one prone to melts!

Here’s hoping you’re here in 2025. With or without Horse (because I think it’ll be with).
I know, I try to be more level headed, but I just feel that the way the team is headed isn't the best. I hear a lot of people talking about winning, and how good Horse is at it, but we've seen with Melbourne that winning can cover up a bad culture. I would rather a good culture with losses, than a bad culture with winning.

I just can't trust the side atm, and the I feel that Longmire has to take most of the blame for that.

Imo, if we keep Longmire we will see a capitulation in the next few years like Melbournes. I could be, and I hope I am, wrong, but it's just a feeling.

Club can get stuffed. Absolutely weak as piss. They all think getting into a GF is a success.

Going to sell all my memorabilia and put that money towards supporting the Tassie side.

Harley can get bent too

If we were a truly professional and world class organisation then we would be having an external review.

Im in until I die or the club dies

Harley can get bent too

I can’t believe some have “liked” a post saying “I’m abandoning the Swans in favour of Tassie”.

That’s not something to like!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back