Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • monday

Votes: 39 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But he isn’t a “mate”. Not to supporters, not to players and not to club staff. He’s the Head Coach of one of the biggest clubs in the most elite professional football competition in Australia.

I get that some supporters are less constructive in their comments than others but it’s got nothing to do with “kicking a man when he’s down”. It’s about wanting a Head Coach that delivers the best possible performances that put us in the strongest possible position to win a premiership.

His last four attempts to win a Grand Final have failed. And failed dismally. As such it’s perfectly legitimate to question if he’s still the best person to lead the team. Again, I appreciate that some posters are perhaps less constructive, maybe less thoughtful in their comments than others, but for you to dismiss those who think that he should leave as weak, somehow lacking character, or just being keyboard warriors is completely unreasonable.
I agree. Constructive criticism is warranted. Destructive criticism isn't.
Cheap shots are just that. Cheap. I am all for a change of coach as long as the discussion around it is constructive and respectful.

Yes he has a dismal GF record. Just having cheap shots against the club and the coach is not, IMO, a dignified way of transitioning to a new coach.

That was my intent in my posting.

The more I think about it the more the issue is the fact that nothing has changed in terms of the core of his coaching style. The better teams pick it apart but you look at the shit teams that have knocked us off on a regular basis. They all have a former staff member or coach that was involved with our club. They know what they are going to get. The minute Dew left GC, we broke the ridiculous hold they had over us.

That being said, based on some of our decision making throughout the year, maybe the reason we hold onto horse is that the players aren’t bright enough to learn a new style of play.

Let's all have a free swing at Horse. Kick a man when he is down.
Friends, teammates, true teammates stick by their mates.
What I see is weak people having a free hit at people. That is what weak people do.

Continue on on having a free at our club and enjoying it by liking the posts as well.

I will be watching all the weak people having casual shots at Horse. That is the weak people.

Those of you with CHARACTER that have some sort of SPINE, those of you that have lived life and understand HARDSHIP. Those of you that appreciate FRIENDS. Friends that stand by you when things don't always go the right way.

Weak people pile in on people experiencing hardship.
Strong people say how can I help.

Which one of you keyboard warriors are you.

You all know who you are.

By your posts I do.

Fair reply. We all have our opinions. I jumped into a pool of sharks voraciously feeding off a carcass IMO.

I thought it was time to balance the argument. It seemed a bit one sided in here.

I agree. Constructive criticism is warranted. Destructive criticism isn't.
Cheap shots are just that. Cheap. I am all for a change of coach as long as the discussion around it is constructive and respectful.

Yes he has a dismal GF record. Just having cheap shots against the club and the coach is not, IMO, a dignified way of transitioning to a new coach.

That was my intent in my posting.
Rusty, I am usually a huge fan of your posts, both content and style, but I really feel the need to respond to the above, as I am one of your so called weak people with no spine, keyboard warrior types that you have decided to attack here.

I am a 20 year plus member of the club, I have always been a fervent supporter and up until 28 days ago, I ALWAYS thought we would win.
I live my life very much in the Monty Python "always look on the bright side of life" style and it is my way to be a very positive person in all aspects. If you read my posting history, time and time again I have defended the coach and players when things weren't going well. I've had pot shots at other posters for being negative and, what I thought at the time, unsupportive - but what happened four weeks ago has broken me, not the actual result, the way we played.
At the moment I can honestly say I don't believe I will see another Swans flag in my lifetime and that breaks my heart.

So, in response to your posts above, I'm so happy that you are still full of hope and excitement at our coach and playing list, but please forgive me and those like me on here that, after four dreadful defeats in the last 11 grand finals, have had enough.

Oh and by the way, you accuse me, Caesar and those that think like us of kicking a man when he's down, but I feel the wording in your aforementioned posts is EXACTLY what you are doing to those of us that are still hurting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back