Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • monday

Votes: 39 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not suggesting you did. There are lots of posts on here and I am responding to them as a group.

I can also see the loss of patience and I can understand it.

I have never heard the club say that premierships don't define us. Maybe I missed something.

You can extended Horse if you think he is best to lead us forward. If the club thinks not, then make the change. I am open to positive change if the club believes it will lead to better outcomes.
Fox, one of our better GF performers said after the game that some of the work done with the club psychologist was that the grand final ("one game") wouldn't define us. It's not the only thing that should define the club, but it's #1 with daylight before any other considerations, as long as we act with integrity imo.

Believe it was Harley or Pridham that said Horse will be coach as long as he wants the job. I think that was before this latest GF debacle, so hopefully that's no longer our basis for extending coaches.

Preaching to the wrong bloke Rusty.
Those that know me on here from the start will tell you that I was one of the most positive posters on here until the 2022 GF was over. I don’t wish for anything other than a tougher group.
We don’t represent tough anymore.
Our great late mate nicknamed me Rebecca from Sunnybrook Farm, such was his annoyance at my positivity.
So if it’s alright with you & all of the long time posters on here, I’d like to post about my annoyance freely.
By all means cheer as hard as you can Rusty & take over my positive mantle as the new Rebecca From Sunnybrooke Farm as GUH will be looking down at us & laughing his head off at how much I’ve changed.
I will always be positive to my dying grave. My blood type is B negative. My outlook on life is B positive. I am in balance.

I respect you Tedeski. You always speak your mind. You are honest and forthright. I respect that. I may not agree with you. But I respect you. Always.

I am a positive person. I grew up through some horrible times. Some very difficult times. Sometimes I would cry. But the next day I got up and put a smile on my face and confronted the day. One thing I learned was that the day would never turn out to be as bad as I expected. When in high school I got attacked by 5 guys I smashed up a couple. Sure I got hurt. Next day I went looking for a fight and the chickens were hiding because they were not together. I picked them off individually and I got beaten up by older guys as a result. If you won a fight the next big dog wanted to fight you. I got smashed up pretty good. This happened on a regular basis. But the more I did it the less it happened. People got sick of me. In the end everyone left me alone.

I prevailed. Hence I believe in myself. I believe in the Swans. We will get there.

Horse must be the unluckiest coach in the world that he hasn't been able to have a quality group of mids to work with in any of the past seven seasons...
When asked before the GF about how you beat the Swans, Craig McRae simply said, 'Stop Heeney". He got us over the line in the final against GWS with help from Warner and Papley and Port were cooked by the time we played them in the PF. Heeney was a non factor after getting injured in the first quarter of the GF. We lack depth and talent when it comes to physical, contested footy. Like Geelong, Brisbane monstered us.

I remember the sack Mark Thompson before Geelong won their flag in 2008.
I remember the get rid of Hardwick prior to their run of success. There were parties that wanted to sack the board. But they prevailed and had a run of success that was amazing.

So you think that giving in leads to club success or persevering leads to club success? Only history will tell us that answer.

Some of the clubs above were in the same position but did not give up. If they did they would not have achived premiership success.

You can choose examples to justify your sack Horse. You can also choose examples that justify Horse.

Plenty of angry Geelong supporters are happy now.
Plenty of angry Richmond supporters are happy now.

I guess we will see if we stick firm and win or not. Or we go someone else and you will be happier I guess.
Your examples of Geelong and Richmond are good ones, if I'm not mistaken didn't BOTH clubs have external reviews before they found ultimate success? No sign of that at the Swans, just the statements "Longmire has a job for as long as he wants it" and "one game does not define us", in other words mediocrity is just fine.

When asked before the GF about how you beat the Swans, Craig McRae simply said, 'Stop Heeney". He got us over the line in the final against GWS with help from Warner and Papley and Port were cooked by the time we played them in the PF. Heeney was a non factor after getting injured in the first quarter of the GF. We lack depth and talent when it comes to physical, contested footy. Like Geelong, Brisbane monstered us.
I agree that we lack contested players on the list overall, but this was an issue when we had JPK, Parker, Hewett, Mills, etc... It's been actual years and multiple generations of Swans midfields being average in the contest, despite having quality contested mids in there.

It seems really glaring to me that Horse doesn't know what to do with them.

Your examples of Geelong and Richmond are good ones, if I'm not mistaken didn't BOTH clubs have external reviews before they found ultimate success? No sign of that at the Swans, just the statements "Longmire has a job for as long as he wants it" and "one game does not define us", in other words mediocrity is just fine.
Hi Jewelsbon,

I doubt the club said "one game does not define us".
I expect the club is doing a lot behind the scenes. Longmire is contracted until the end of next year. I expect Harley is all over it.

Next year I reckon things will change. I don't know what. I understand that you are in a space that nothing will heal. I understand that.

I don't think the club feels that mediocrity is fine. I think you need to give the club some time.

I feel like I have to defend the club and have all the answers. I will defend the club, but I don't have all the answers nor the timeframes on anything that would appease supporters.

I agree that we lack contested players on the list overall, but this was an issue when we had JPK, Parker, Hewett, Mills, etc... It's been actual years and multiple generations of Swans midfields being average in the contest, despite having quality contested mids in there.

It seems really glaring to me that Horse doesn't know what to do with them.
Agree that we have struggled to get the balance right. Unbalanced this year in the sense that we have too many pacy outside players. In the past, we lacked quick players. 2012 was spot on. Hawks had a better list but we played out of skins that day. And they kicked poorly for goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back