Safe Schools or is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

By all means someone with red hair will cop teasing in school, and maybe things might turn violent. But violence and hatred towards gays had an insidious nasty edge to it that simply wasn't present with other groups.

Point taken, but personally I think some girls cop it just as much and just as hard.

I don't know which site you quoted the article from and I agree I think it is a good thing that the Vic Government is taking over the program however what the author has omitted which I think will address some concerns against the objectors is that the program will cover all types of bullying.

Further I agree that cancelling the program six months earlier will take the focus off Ward and back on to the aims of the program.

It helps understanding when you hear the Education Minister being interviewed to get the full story.

Doug Pollard is a highly respected elder in the Melbourne GLBT scene.
He although semi retired now is still probably the most respected journalist on GLBT issues.
He is who I quoted and as I put a link in there as well I would have thought someone like yourself who's been around for years would have clicked on the link.

Where is the tears for the fat ranga's and at risk young Indigenous men Gough. You are a disgrace.
Maybe a different thread? I dont know. Cant I feel sympathy for fat rangas as well as suicidal homosexuals? Is it either or?

Doug Pollard is a highly respected elder in the Melbourne GLBT scene.
He although semi retired now is still probably the most respected journalist on GLBT issues.
He is who I quoted and as I put a link in there as well I would have thought someone like yourself who's been around for years would have clicked on the link.
Wasn't much point as it seemed you quoted the whole article.

I have since checked the site and am no wiser as have not heard of The Stirrer.

I thought this was about getting rid of homophobia?
For the architects of the program it was, for it's opponents it was just about scoring points in the party room post Abbott. Let's not forget when this program was launched by the Abbott government not one peep was heard by any of it's critics.

Anyone who thinks you can talked into **** is pretty much outing themselves. It really isn't particularly temping to actually straight people.

Fact is kids are vulnerable at a forming stage of development. Young men who have been molested often struggle with their sexuality well into adulthood talk of how the abuse normalised the behaviour. Here we have teachers normalising an absurd notion that gender is a social construct (wtf?), and that gay sex is no different to hetro sex. Who knows what damage is being done?

correct me if i am wrong but they are teaching kids under 10 about gender and acceptance etc yet a report shows we are falling behind the world in letters in numbers.

personally i think we should be focusing on the latter so i am a bit torn because i am all for same sex marriage and equality etc.

i think we should probably save it for when the kids start hitting puberty (12-13) and actually start understanding sex and put the focus back on the basics. I struggle to believe a 8-10yo can fully comprehend this message.

Fact is kids are vulnerable at a forming stage of development. Young men who have been molested often struggle with their sexuality well into adulthood talk of how the abuse normalised the behaviour. Here we have teachers normalising an absurd notion that gender is a social construct (wtf?), and that gay sex is no different to hetro sex. Who knows what damage is being done?
None of what you've posted is fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They make a damn good point. Kids are still being taught - at school mind you - that gender is a social construct?

Bullshit.
Gender is a social construct.

images

Yes he'd be thrilled to have had his property firebombed by some left wing nut job (in the name of equality).
Police have already said there is no political or ideological motivation.

Be amusing if it was for some other reason, like Lyle Shelton boning the perpetrator's missus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Safe Schools or is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back