Saints take Dawson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Zac Dawson to the Saints... oh god

Good luck to Zac!!!!. This kid has been harshly treated by Clarko and the system in general!

I am surprised the Hawks let him go TBH! He is still young and towards the end of last season, Zac was moved forward at Box Hill and kicked few bags including a bag of 8!

I'm not suprised St.Kilda would take a guy like Zac Dawson instead of a champion like Ben Cousins ..... no wonder we have only won 1 premiership in over 100 years :mad:

Honestly, simply a bewildering decision. I would be ropeable too if I went for the Saints.

Well good luck to Zac. I hope for his sake he can prove me wrong.

195cm, 95kg who has done apprenticeship under a premiership squad.
all this guy lacks is confidence and decision making.

Both can be rectified. We will see.

Lions, Pies and Saints did extensive interviews and research in to cousins and decided he wasnt worth it. the tigers had one interview and sheedy said yes so they took him because its ben.

Dont know about you but if Collingwood found something wrong I wouldnt go there.

Got a feeling he will disgrace the tigers unfortunetly. :eek:

Honestly, simply a bewildering decision. I would be ropeable too if I went for the Saints.

Well good luck to Zac. I hope for his sake he can prove me wrong.

hahaha dawson would be your starting FB and you know it!! carlton have no defense hence why you will not get close in 2009 or 2010 or 2011.

Saints are heading down the old Sydney trail of looking for players at other clubs that haven't been given the right opportunities to display their wares.

Dawson has obviously been identified as one of these. Was never built to be a backman - grew up as a ruckman forward and the hawks tried to make him something he wasn't. Further to this we chucked him in the deep on the big stage and he was crucified.

Dawson played some really good footy in the twos last year and I think he kicked 8 goals in one game swapping between ruck and full forward. The guy's not the hack most people think he is.

Good luck to Zac - he's got a tonne of spirit and I hope he gets the right chance at the saints :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Zac. Always been a fan of his and thought he was thrown to the wolves too early, and following that, never given a real chance.

Hope he does well (but not against Hawthorn of course! :p)

Saints are heading down the old Sydney trail of looking for players at other clubs that haven't been given the right opportunities to display their wares.

Dawson has obviously been identified as one of these. Was never built to be a backman - grew up as a ruckman forward and the hawks tried to make him something he wasn't. Further to this we chucked him in the deep on the big stage and he was crucified.

Dawson played some really good footy in the twos last year and I think he kicked 8 goals in one game swapping between ruck and full forward. The guy's not the hack most people think he is.

Good luck to Zac - he's got a tonne of spirit and I hope he gets the right chance at the saints :thumbsu:

Well said LP:thumbsu: I hope he sticks it up the many BigFooty keyboard heroes here!

More value in Zac Dawson on the rookie list then Leigh Brown on your senior list.

He'll be good back up for the Saints.
What does collingwood or leigh brown have to do with a thread made by a hawk supporter bagging st.kilda?

Definately better than Leigh Brown and Nathan Carrol, has ability does Zac just has a few focus issues which could be ironed out with maturity.

Congrats to Zac. I think he is just coming along nicely and was hoping we might add him back on the Rookie list. Was unlucky that he got past by a few players and then never got a chance.

I believe Zac could make a solid AFL player, whether fwd or back. One of the issues with him is that he looks laconic when playing which doesnt necassarily mean he is not trying, but when he is been beaten will/has brought the supporters wrath on him.

He was thrown to the wolves to early when he wasnt physically ready to play against the biggest men in the comp.

Hope he goes well for you.

FWIW, whenever Zac was moved forward at Box Hill, our forward structure became more effective. He also created opportunities for other forwards.

I believe Zac is a natural forward and wish him the best of luck at St. Kilda.

another gun forward kicked 8 in the VFL

Courtney Johns..

Cain Ackland booted a couple of bags of 7 and 8 in last seasons VFL.

However Dawsons rep on here is based on his performance on Rocca where he gave away about 20kg's and had played about 10 games. He was always going to get monstered.

Hope he does well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints take Dawson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back