Saints to play in NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2006
Private Idaho
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Coast Racing Pigeon Club
After letting the Pelican go, he has continued the NZ work for the Saints.

Further more on top of this innovation, he can start raiding our players next year.

Do you think that letting him go was a mistake?

I for one do and think the club got it wrong, in fact I think they also messed up the footy department structure in the process, too many ego's.

Only time will tell?

Further more on top of this innovation, he can start raiding our players next year.

Do you think that letting him go was a mistake?

I for one do and think the club got it wrong, in fact I think they also messed up the footy department structure in the process, too many ego's.

Only time will tell?
I am positive his work in managing salaries and contracts of players will be missed. Seems an expert in this area.

I certainly won't miss him on draft day. His record with picks late in the draft is admittedly quite good but too many first round failures.

Thank christ we're not playing over there. I know the Tassie project has been great for the club, but if we were to play any less games in Melbourne than we do now I'd be shattered.

The mistake was in the writing of his contract,needed a no poaching clause.

I think NZ will deliver way more than Tas in the long term.
In hindsight if you had the 2 to choose from I would choose NZ.

Does create the possibility of a relocation though, that Tassie doesn't,but this could suit the Saints in the future, if they dont deliver on field and money and fans dry up.

they can play all the games they want there, but we got first go at their players so if they turn out good and give good reports of the club and its culture, we will still get as much out of it as the saits will without having to play there.

Breeze in, play a game, breeze out. No groundwork, no junior development, no commitment to the area. All flash, no substance.

Typical half arsed St Kilda way of going about things.

I wouldn't let Milney too close to the sheep :rolleyes:

Gold :D now that Zac is gone the alpaca's are safe anyway :thumbsu:

Typical half arsed St Kilda way of going about things.

Not knowing the details you may be right, however it was Pelcs contacts that landed us Kurt and the NZ Hawks deal

They can keep NZ. We already relocate over 1/3 of our home games. How many more do you want?

Mr Suede, obviously I couldn't give a flying ferk as I live in Perth and see the boy's live a few times a year...I think of longterm strategic decisions, 20yrs plus :thumbsu:

The mistake was in the writing of his contract,needed a no poaching clause.

It was my understanding that he had a 2yr clause in regards to approaching any Hawk players, the guy was given the flick...so not much leverage on behalf of the club to make it any longer..

The Pelc certainly takes away a lot of info on players. In a way it was lucky for us he chose the Aints as they do not have much cap room to play with.

Be interesting to see what the saints do at seasons end. This current crop has not chance of a flag. They could off load a few stars and pick up four or five kids.

Goddard is a star but needs to move, worth two early picks.
Dalsanto - maybe late first rounder.
Fisher worth a couple of early picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, that goes for every other team as well Kip.

I might be hated for this but I'd be happy to be the away team there, as long as it reduces an interstate travel to Perth, Adelaide, Sydney or Queensland. Hell, I'd be there with bells on too. However, in sure our interstate supporters will be disappointed if its their state that misses out.

By the way, we don't get first dibs on their kids in NZ, we just happen to be the ones looking. It's like Ireland, any team can look and sign if they wish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints to play in NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back