SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some people working within the AFL had this information and did not pass it on to Vlad then there is some serious issues with reporting up the chain of command in the AFL.

Governance issues, if you will.....

Actually, if ASADA and WADA aren't on the same page, and if incorrect advice is being given to athletes then there's some serious reporting and governance issues right there!

Hypocritical that ASADA would provide a report that's critical of EFC's governance. Actually it speaks volumes about their own governance that they'd provide a report after 7 months more focused on our administrative goings on than drugs use... because, you know, they're actually meant to be investigating illegal drugs. Am I missing something? :confused:

That was something. You could feel the anger radiating off both our guys. Reading between the lines, 'After we're done defending ourselves, we're coming for you.'

Basically, we're in open warfare with the AFL now. It's a relief to finally have it out in the open.

BoomHeadShot.gif

Yet I bet all of you anything that we'll get blamed for derailing the season. Oh it's Essendon's fault for trying to reach justice, it's James Hird's fault that accusations were made about him.

**** 'em all.

Haven't you heard, EFC are holding the season to ransom. Apparently defending yourself is "not a good look" these days.

My summary - please feel free to correct/add.

Paul Little
So we're not happy about the charge sheet being out.
Paul Little: Assertions not supported by evidence
Time of release not a coincidence
AFL has know since Feb that AOD was not banned substance
That the AFL knew this is unforgivable and reprehensible
Latest PR attack (charges)
Club had sought charges being released due to all what they deem as absolute inaccuracies
CLub maintains that we definitely not administered any illegal drugs
We have been trying to reword the charges and reach common grounds should club plead guilty to any charge
AFL was aware of the failing of the original charges
The revised charge sheet provided by the AFL (on the EFC website) shows that the 2 charge sheets are very different.
AFL is being belligerent and using today;s release as a PR exercise in light of last night's revelations.
EFC had shortcomings, and will accept penalties for poor governance
I cannot accept the point of view that we have taken illegal substances
Have lost total confidence in the AFL executive. Mike Fitz needs to step in.

James Hird
Given charges only minutes before releasing
Letter from Bruce Reid has been released to damage JH
Breach of process
Charges are being denied
Will be vigorously defended when given the opportunity to do so
AFL running agenda to damage EFC
I will contest these charges
AD and the AFL should recuse itself due to conflict of interest
ASADA report is Interim, no infractions
AFL and ASADA may have broken law
AFL knew since FEB that AOD wasn't banned
I have been denied natural justice, and today's release is an example of that.

In short...:

I hate and can't stand stuff like this. Its exactly whats wrong with society these days. All these "committee's" and "ethical boards" and "executives" and "world bodies this that and the other".

Bunch of useless oxygen sucking organisations that need to point fingers in order to be seen to be doing something, anything to justify their oxygen thief existence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The charge sheet made public by the AFL today specifically lists multiple confirmed PED's that were administered to players, and that are confirmed WADA banned substances under S2.

TB-500 is the 'main' one, but there are others as well.

Did the Essendon Only label get taken off this thread... didn't seem to notice you except when peddling negative crap.

You sir, have NFI what is going on. I suggest you take a long walk of a very short pier and hopefully find another half of a brain at the bottom of the ocean.

I would suggest that IF it was so 'clear cut' that players had been administered MULTIPLE banned substances, then this wouldn't be about governance. This would be about 40 players all receiving infraction notices.

Our fixture next year is going to be horrendous :p

Round 1 Geelong at the cattery
Round 2 WCE at Subi
Round 3 Freo at Subi
Round 4 Sydney at ANZ
Round 5 Coll at the MCG
Round 6 GWS at Skoda
Round 7 North at Auroua
Round 8 Hawks at Auroua
Round 9 GCS at Met
Round 10 ..... etc etc

I hate and can't stand stuff like this. Its exactly whats wrong with society these days. All these "committee's" and "ethical boards" and "executives" and "world bodies this that and the other".

Bunch of useless oxygen sucking organisations that need to point fingers in order to be seen to be doing something, anything to justify their oxygen thief existence.

and get paid 150k for it.

Bunch of ****s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back