SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL won't be backing down. This won't be resolved anytime soon. Going to get really ugly, eh.

On SEN before they crossed to the Little and Hird presser, they were saying that the AFL won't be able to afford to pay $60K a day if it goes to court. No such problems for EFC.

* I find that very hard to believe about the AFL.

with the completely underhanded and duplicitous way AD's gone about this whole thing, and the fact that he didn't let out a peep about knowing AOD wasn't banned for the past 5 months, and the amount of shit that's going to come to light when this inevitably goes to court, i can't possibly see how he could keep his job after this.

Sorry guys, I've been very busy today.

As I would understand it:
Move 1
360 last night was a recap for those who missed it that AOD is one seriously confused 'supplement'
AOD IS banned according to WADA in a 'catch all' never been used or testing wishy washy clause
AOD was classified as s2 and NOT BANNED by ASADA who are the PRIMARY source of information and Anti-Doping Violations in this country.
As the AFL is a 'domestic' competition, WADA would have zero legal room to challenge any 'non-findings' in this case
The 360 report helped EFC to change the narrative and put focus back on AFL about 10%
The most damaging aspect was that the AFL KNEW that AOD was 'clear' back in Feb however left Jobe and the club swinging

Move 2
The AFL had nothing more to leak to Caro as her credibility is absolutely shot atm
The AFL reasoned that any new stories in the Age were likely to be ignored as the public was 'turning'
AFL played its last BIG trump card and released the highly inflammatory and UNTESTED charge points

Move 3
EFC has had enough of the AFL breaking the law
EFC challenged the charge points IMMEDIATELY when they were provided
EFC is confident that 90% of the said allegations are false
EFC has been working, in good faith, with AFL lawyers on an 'amended' charge sheet that would be more commiserate to the facts.
The AFL choose NOT to release the modified charge sheet but instead released the oringinal and KNOWINGLY INCORRECT version to inflame public sentiment
EFC and Hird will defend this action aggressively and through legal means

Important to note that AFL has now officially 'played the hand'. They have nothing left to sling.. and the club has got an entire arsenal to respond with. YES we made mistakes and YES the program should be an embarrassment for the poor management of it, but that doesn't mean we can get accused of cheating and drugs etc etc..!!

In summary gents, please DO NOT stress about the charge sheet.. it is completely bogus and will not stand up in any court in this country.

AFL hoping to convince the other 17 clubs to turn on us, have good belief this won't happen and instead we will vote for a move of 'no confidence' in AFL executive. There is the critical issue of the finals which the AFL is worried will be compromised by the ongoing action. Not all clubs in agreement that EFC should be excluded. I also have good reason to believe at least two clubs are VERY angry about how the AFL has handled all this. Widespread concern the AFL has acted inappropriately and outside the law.

More to follow.

It will be interesting to see what tact the AFL now take with the team they are trying to prop up. Melbourne. Also directly linked to using AOD-9604 with players directly named. Surely now they cannot give them a financial handout. Whats the bet nothing ever happens to the Dees.

mutually assured destruction seems to apply here. i have a feeling a Pyrrhic victory awaits someone.
clearly, the 'secret/back room discussions' failed, and this is the result.

i feel, since this is all being played out in public, we should now simply refute what we believe is wrong, with evidence, and admit to whatever we believe to be correct.

i truly hope that Hird and Little have extremely solid footing. if not, we are ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also have good reason to believe at least two clubs are VERY angry about how the AFL has handled all this. Widespread concern the AFL has acted inappropriately and outside the law.

More to follow.
Are those clubs hawthorn and collingwood or the WCE?

Paul Little is an intimidating guy. Not a great public speaker but gives off the impression that it would be unwise to **** with him.
And that is why we are lucky to have him as The Boss. David Evans did a good job but Paul little stepping up and changing tack has been a great boon for us.
Vlad and the rest of the Stooges don't know how to handle it. It's good to see them on the defensive for a change.

**** you AFL.

Are those clubs hawthorn and collingwood or the WCE?

It is my belief that Hird has the respect and confidence of the President of one of them.

The other was also, at some point, attacked doggedly by the AFL over a supposed 'drug culture' that they had apparently cultivated, which they still refute on the basis that 'individuals were acting on their own'

Even though they've reduced the size of the 'grounds' massively, there's still overlap / double-up, e.g. (b), (c) and (d) are basically the same thing.

The club has never disputed most of this.. but the stuff listing individual drugs, email chains, references to 'convicted drug runners' and the rest is just an insult.

Make the punishment fit the ACTUAL crimes.. not some gossip column gone wrong.

More likely an attempt to get the other clubs to put pressure on Essendon to accept a deal from the AFL.

Spot on.. but it might not be as easy as this.

A lot of clubs have been 'screwed over' by Vlad and the AFL... might be time for the chickens to come home..

I also have good reason to believe at least two clubs are VERY angry about how the AFL has handled all this. Widespread concern the AFL has acted inappropriately and outside the law.

I have no basis for it other that gut feel & having lived a bit of life not entirely unlike what is going on & agree that there will be those within the other clubs extremely disappointed with the AFL over this.

Tomorrow could be a watershed moment in AFL history...or not, just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back