SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSun
Essendon has contacted every player's mother and every one said they weren't the Triple M caller. Bombers still unsure who rang in.

I'd be surprised if it was fake, mainly because Eddie was there and he wouldn't run with something like that. The mothers may have denied it, but it still might have been one of them who didn't want to admit it?

I'd be surprised if it was fake, mainly because Eddie was there and he wouldn't run with something like that. The mothers may have denied it, but it still might have been one of them who didn't want to admit it?

Eddie "Get Adam Goodes to promote King Kong" McGuire?

Perhaps Eddie wasn't aware of the possibility it was fake? I'm sure if they get a call saying it's a distressed mother of an Essendon player, they're hardly going to hold of putting her on the line and do a background check with the club first

SEN at the moment are only taking Essendon callers. Probably hoping to hear from Essendon supporters jumping ship but we are staying strong. Most supporters support the club and James Hird and want to hear Essendon's side of the story.

A few are saying that they will stop supporting Essendon. If you are feeling this way we don't want you as supporters....

I doubt they are Essendon supporters in the first place.

The truth is not what someone tell's you, it's what you believe!!

Therefore, I believe the lady who rang Triple M today and she is probably airing the thoughts of every parent down there that are too scared (not from the club) of the repercussions from their sons, friends & the like to say anything.

Tim Watson is the spokesperson for all the parents because of who he is, his media experience, 2nd favourite son of club & not because he is dad of Jobe & I think he has done a good job so far albeit he was a bit shakey Tuesday night after the parents meeting, for reasons unknown.

Like most of you, I'm over it, it needs to be over, the sooner the better, for the players & for us all to move forward.

Why wouldn't they admit it Jab? Why would they hide.

Sorry but really starting to stink.. and you know it.

The club has been VERY active to engage ALL parents every step of the way.. hence why we haven't had this kind of stuff coming up all the time.. very very very strange.

Someone would have recognised the voice surely.. getting really nervous.

I think if anything it'd be a stitch up rather than the MMM guys being involved.

Surely if you were in that position you would admit it and ask for some extra help or reassurance.
If she hadn't gone to any of the meetings I'm sure someone at the club would be happy to talk to her alone. Nothing to gain lying.

Yeah.. it seems to make sense doesn't it cwootton..

Both parties submit 5 candidates to be on a 'panel'. Each parties chooses 2 from the other's list and then 1 more is chosen at random creating a panel of 5. They must all be from sport/legal/medical and have strong reputations.

Then both parties go into confidential mediation.. present their respective cases.. panel decides, if AFL gets 3 votes then Hird stands down, we are out of finals and pay fines. If EFC gets 3 votes then we get a fine of 2M and that is it.

Or something like that... just make it clear and end this farce.

No, I actually think the best outcome is for this to go to court. A judge is seen as impartial by most people, if EFC get a harsh penalty as a result of a negotiated deal a lot of fans will think we got bullied into accepting what the AFL wanted us to. If the AFL is seen as too lenient we'll be seen as getting away with it, which is bad for both the club and the AFL. Let someone else review the case, hear evidence, and come to a decision from that.

At the end of the day, the club and staff are guilty or they aren't. A negotiated settlement would be a farce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSun
Essendon has contacted every player's mother and every one said they weren't the Triple M caller. Bombers still unsure who rang in.

ffs

Deserves an academy award if it really was fake ( I can picture a room full of Nida grads patting themselves on the back), but will go with true for now.

I think if anything it'd be a stitch up rather than the MMM guys being involved.

yeah i don't think the MMM guys were in on it. would have got word from a producer 'guys an essendon player's parent is on the line'

'who's parent'
'Mr. X'
'sweet, get her on'

I would have run with it, what are they going to do? ask her what size jock strap does he wear?

Highly unlikely. I'm certain that every parent at that meeting had very good reason to be confident, and the backstab from the AFL would not have changed that. The fact that a mother would have a) not felt so b) been inclined to call talkback and c) then denied it all to Essendon the following day is a bit of a strange coincidence.

If I were putting a wager down, I'd say it's a friend of Caro's, but we'll never know for certain. Anyway what's that saying? Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, and it certainly was a good story - for those who are trying to destroy this club. And you still will have idiots running with the call, despite the fact we now have evidence that the call was a fake - or if it was a real parent, it's a parent who also lied to Essendon, which sort of raises a question mark about credibility anyway.

And you still will have idiots running with the call, despite the fact we now have evidence that the call was a fake - or if it was a real parent, it's a parent who also lied to Essendon, which sort of raises a question mark about credibility anyway.

I could understand the parent not wishing to identify themselves to the club when asked.

Absolutely crazy that this saga has taken such a toll on me I've actually forgotten about spamming all the AFL sites for team changes. For ****s sake we're playing Carlton, our biggest rival and it's not even being hyped up.

Normally I'd be nervous the whole week about the game.
Same here. My firend emailed me asking what I thought of the changes, my response was .... we have a game this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back