SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could understand the parent not wishing to identify themselves to the club when asked.

You can look at either way-

Caller was a fake. Pretty big claims.

Or.

The mother that was so upset about being left out of the loop, about not knowing and wanted the club to show care has chosen to rebuff the club when they reach out to help her.

Forgive the bluntness of this next statement-(mods let me know if ur unhappy with it)

She is either a fraud or a moron.

You can look at either way-

Caller was a fake. Pretty big claims.

Or.

The mother that was so upset about being left out of the loop, about not knowing and wanted the club to show care has chosen to rebuff the club when they reach out to help her.

Forgive the bluntness of this next statement-(mods let me know if ur unhappy with it)

She is either a fraud or a moron.

Alternatively she might have been worried about the consequences for her son if she outed herself. Now I am 100% certain that this would be unfounded and the club would do the right thing to support the family, but I can easily see someone that wracked with emotion not being completely rational about something like this.

mother of an ex essendon player maybe? were they invited to the meetings?

Of course they would have been. Do you think the club is less concerned about (for example) Michael Ross' health than anyone else?

I think the truth will be known sooner rather than later. There are probably less than 40 candidates, if she said she hadn't been able to make it to a meeting with the club then that would narrow it down even more. The club will really really want to know if this is fake because if it was it was hugely defamatory and will likely result in legal action (unless it was some mentally ill person doing it for attention or whatever).

I could understand the parent not wishing to identify themselves to the club when asked.

Why? Essendon has fully supported the parents at every point of this mess. She'd have to be some kind of conspiracy lunatic if she couldn't see that - and those people tend to be identified fairly early in the piece. There are too many contradictions now to credibly suggest that the person was a real parent, and not just some girl with a grudge against Essendon deciding to test out her acting skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever did it would have to know that the public and the club would want to know who it was. If the mother is legit, she would be naive to think that the club wouldn't try and contact her, which the club should have done. If it was a hoax, they would know what the club would do and that the radio station would help track them down.

Can someone plz put this Mexican drugs at sth yarra clinic into some context for me, I'm a small business owner so haven't had the time to follow this correctly, but this seems so inexcusable. My faith in the club with the direction it is taking I must admit is starting to erode these past few days as a result of this one claim!!!

Whoever did it would have to know that the public and the club would want to know who it was. If the mother is legit, she would be naive to think that the club wouldn't try and contact her, which the club should have done. If it was a hoax, they would know what the club would do and that the radio station would help track them down.

People have done crazier, stupider things though. I'm not sure if consequence is something that would cross the mind of someone who could have potentially staged that call

The truth is not what someone tell's you, it's what you believe!!

Therefore, I believe the lady who rang Triple M today and she is probably airing the thoughts of every parent down there that are too scared (not from the club) of the repercussions from their sons, friends & the like to say anything.

Tim Watson is the spokesperson for all the parents because of who he is, his media experience, 2nd favourite son of club & not because he is dad of Jobe & I think he has done a good job so far albeit he was a bit shakey Tuesday night after the parents meeting, for reasons unknown.

Like most of you, I'm over it, it needs to be over, the sooner the better, for the players & for us all to move forward.

Welcome to the board friend. :rolleyes:

That is a downright lie by the Herald Sun - I imagine they (Essendon FC) know who it is by now, how many mum's down there talk with a slight kiwi accent.......

My room is a mess at the moment, but if anyone has a copy of the Round 16 Football Record (Game against Western Bulldogs) , there is a page which has a list of players which has the birth place of parents born overseas. IIRC, we had the least amount. DVU & Lachie D were the two players (memory is hazy there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back