SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
reported in the australian that essendon and afl are in talks about a deal to end it that they think is loss of points and hird to stand down
no draft picks
considering all thats gone on i think thats a good deal... were not going to do anything this year in the finals...hird stands down defends his charges he gets off or a light suspension (depending on his evidence which he sounds like hes got the best to do for him) and we dont ruin next year and can make a big push towards the top 4
vMAhx.gif

reported in the australian that essendon and afl are in talks about a deal to end it that they think is loss of points and hird to stand down
no draft picks
considering all thats gone on i think thats a good deal... were not going to do anything this year in the finals...hird stands down defends his charges he gets off or a light suspension (depending on his evidence which he sounds like hes got the best to do for him) and we dont ruin next year and can make a big push towards the top 4
michael malteaser would be pleased

Reputations are over-rated. Hird leaves goes back to Gemba and makes millions. Dr Reid won't lose any patients from his practice. Corcoran will get another job in the sports industry. Thompson could coach anywhere in the AFL.

And they can still pursue legal action if need be.

Or they can stick it out, defeat the corrupt scum afl admin in the supreme court, win the premiership and send a personalised signed photo of james and jobe holding up the premiership to caro.

Anyone else believe that "the deal" is simply the same thing the club turned down back when this all started and Vlad was stumbling over it answering questions to the press?

Didn't take it then, don't see why we should take it now. The AFL should just be happy that they have derailed our season and leave it at that plus a fine $1m or below.

well, apart from it seems rumply, I'm pretty much on my own. Because I'd be inclined to take that deal. I'd hate to see Hird go, but if we protect our draft picks, I believe that to be the most important thing.

Essentially, in a negotiation like this, both sides have to give up ground. Just saying "nup" is for me not realistic. We have to make concessions, in reality. I've felt for a while now that if we can quarantine this shit to this year then we should. I'd rather lose points than picks, x1,000,000.

Unfortunately Hird has ****** up, like it or not. If he has to go it sucks balls, but no-one is bigger than the club.

As well, it gives us a fresh start, and sadly I'm starting to think that's what we need.

I wanted this kind of deal from the very start .

Draft picks/points and players re-signing contracts are more important - This is th efuture of our club.

Nothing, & he can have his fair trail, but just do it away from the club & return if & when the time is right.

Club first
The rest second.

So what you're saying is...

If the company where you worked was guilty of Governance issues, but you didn't work directly in the department where the problems occurred, you'd be ok if you were made a scapegoat and you lost your job? Even if you and the company both felt you were 100% innocent?

maybe, maybe not. It's interesting because I had typed out a last line on that last post, saying it might depend on what the players felt about it.

I'm not sure they'd walk out. In fact, if some of the crap I'm hearing is true, it might help retain some of them. Possibly.
Unlike you to listen to crap Lance.

Some of you don't read the tea leaves. No 32 is Tim Watson. Watson is a power broker at the club. Tim clearly stated on SEN yesterday that James must be finding it hard to coach at the moment and should consider standing down.

Chips article in The Australian - It would be crazy to consider the loss of points - We may as well not consider playing.

And no-one can answer why so many players are out of contract - Can we not see that this is VITAL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, to be consistent the AFL MUST investigate Geelong.

But they won't, and do you know why? Because the backlash would be far too great. There's no way in hell the AFL would survive going up against 2 clubs at the same time, so they won't touch GFC with a 10 foot pole.

It's another sick joke that they use doc Reid's suspicion of Actovegin and it's benefits against us, as that is what Rooke used.

In terms of further investigations, Melbourne and Gold Coast have a more pressing need for investigation (considering the Trengove AOD and Bock CJC), and it's more likely to actually happen, not that it will happen. Basically zero chance (dees, suns) verses there is no chance in hell (AFLs precious kittys).

Some of you don't read the tea leaves. No 32 is Tim Watson. Watson is a power broker at the club. Tim clearly stated on SEN yesterday that James must be finding it hard to coach at the moment and should consider standing down.

Chips article in The Australian - It would be crazy to consider the loss of points - We may as well not consider playing.

And no-one can answer why so many players are out of contract - Can we not see that this is VITAL.
JKB7n.gif

If we did not take any banned/illegal substances, why is the AFLPA pushing for long term health monitoring for Essendon players? Is this an AFL PR exercise ?
Some of the substances did not go through the full program of clinical trials needed for TGA approval. Which means that while we know that there are no short term issue with AOD for example, we have no idea if there are long term problems, like cancer that take a while to develop.

Personally it seems unlikely because peptides like this break down very quickly in the body, but you never know and monitoring their health just in case is the right thing to do. The problem is when the media report the same thing every fortnight so it sounds like Windy Hill resembles a cancer ward or something.

A lot of people saying hird can serve his sentence then come back.

Guys he isn't coming back of gets suspended. He gets hit he walks and does not come back.

Who is out of contract at the end of this season Yaco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back