SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That point system won't work. Dank is 100% responsbile but all the other parties are culpable for not managing him effectively. It's shattering that this guy could tarnish so many

He can't have 100% of the blame or there would be 0% of the blame left over for everyone else.

Unfortunately we don't have enough information to know how much blame anyone should actually receive (and we never will if a deal is done).

If you take out the blame allocated to those at the 'pointy end' of the injections (who were responsible for checking the substances were legal and safe), plus that allocated to the others who aren't around, how much is left for Hird, Corcoran, Reid and Thompson to actually receive ?

For argument's sake, let's say 20%, or 5% each. Are the suggested penalties fair punishment for someone who has 5% of the blame for a program that had no improper goals and resulted in no (known) doping violations ?

Imagine that you are an independent impartial judge, and you're asked to assess everything so that appropriate penalties can be handed out.

You have a total of 100 points of 'blame' to allocate for everything that has happened that is Essendon's fault (ignore anything that's the fault of the AFL, ASADA or the media for now).

Points should be allocated based on the degree of negligence / recklessness / criminality, taking into account the individual's role and the responsibilities of that role.

How many do each of the following get ?
  • Evans - 0%
  • Robson - 3%
  • Hamilton - 5%
  • Corcoran - 5%
  • Hird - 3%
  • Thompson - 2%
  • Reid - 2%
  • Robinson - 10%
  • Dank - 70%
See above.

Deals are on the table.. I wouldn't say deals have been done in my opinion.

Rumours are that Little was told to 'sort it out'.. players are cooked for this season and just want it over.

How I personally see it:
2.5M fine - have agreed to this all along, it is a stupidly high figure.. but it is will be part of the 'equalisation fund' that we pay anyway, not fussed.

Loss of 2013 points: this will hurt now and forever. This is disgusting. I would personally hold out until this is taken off the table. The club however may take the view that our players are shot emotionally and physically so it might be ok. I seriously think the club needs to fight this all the way. Otherwise the drug angle just gets stuck I think.

Hird 6 months: Will be 'around' and will be back at start of season, I am OK with this. I HATE it.. but if it gets 40 reporters off his lawn and lets everybody calm down, so be it. He will still be the Senior Coach of this footy club. He would be back end of March.

Corcoran 12 months: I can live with this on every level. Danny made a few mistakes last year and was 'technically' in charge of some of the admin oversights. Tough but club can handle it.

Thompson and Reid cleared: Best case scenario for two men who should bear no responsibility.

So imho we shouldn't take the deal.. too much invested to roll over now. I think you fight for the premiership points.. we are likely to be out first round anyway.. everything else is now pretty much looking as good as it can for the four individuals.

This was always going to hurt but our club will survive. I personally do not believe the deal has been finalised yet.

Some disgusting comments in here.

Thought they were trolls but unfortunately our own supporters have started turning on Hird :(

Yeah, that's really crappy. :thumbsdown:

The AFL can F*** off with any deals. What was the point of standing firm, threatening court action, and fighting for a fair and just outcome? Why would we bend over now and let the AFL have their way with us? I'll be be ropeable if we cave in after everything the AFL has put us through.

I'm currently sitting down looking at my phone in anger and disbelief. Up until this point I haven't allowed the ASADA enquiry to get the better of me. If we accept this penalty everything we as a club has been through this year has all been for nothing. On Wednesday I was ready to stand by the club throughout the legal process and I was ready for the long haul.

Now I'm thinking what was the point...

What was the point of going to every home game this year
What was the point in spending over $600 on a membership
What was the point getting so excited about our awesome away performances

I just feel if we lose points all our hard work was for nothing.

I know people say what is the point we will get flogged anyway. We deserve to be there, not discounting the fact that it will probably be against Richmond who will be playing their first final in who knows how many years

I've felt similar - but we need to support the club. The AFL and ASADA are a joke but EFC also made mistakes. If we all desert the club now it achieves nothing. The rogue element is gone and we start 2014 with no BS to worry about.

I will not support a club I cannot be proud of. If we accept draconian penalties, I will feel like we've given up and that will make me feel like I can't say "I go for the bombers" with pride. I will not support our club if we accept unwarranted sanctions. I will walk away from the game. I am a passionate and loyal supporter, but the strength of this club is what made me choose the red and black. It that strength goes, so does my passion for the time that these people are with our club.

The bit I am struggling with is why you would do all this crap, lodge writ's and basically come out swinging.. if you then intended to roll over 48 hours later and take the deal that has basically been on the table all along.

If you were going to take the deal.. why not take it BEFORE that disgusting charge sheet was made public?

I trust Little, I trust my club.

Rumours are that Little was told to 'sort it out'.. players are cooked for this season and just want it over.

How I personally see it:
2.5M fine - have agreed to this all along, it is a stupidly high figure.. but it is will be part of the 'equalisation fund' that we pay anyway, not fussed.

Loss of 2013 points: this will hurt now and forever. This is disgusting. I would personally hold out until this is taken off the table. The club however may take the view that our players are shot emotionally and physically so it might be ok. I seriously think the club needs to fight this all the way. Otherwise the drug angle just gets stuck I think.

Hird 6 months: Will be 'around' and will be back at start of season, I am OK with this. I HATE it.. but if it gets 40 reporters off his lawn and lets everybody calm down, so be it. He will still be the Senior Coach of this footy club. He would be back end of March.

Corcoran 12 months: I can live with this on every level. Danny made a few mistakes last year and was 'technically' in charge of some of the admin oversights. Tough but club can handle it.

Thompson and Reid cleared: Best case scenario for two men who should bear no responsibility.

So imho we shouldn't take the deal.. too much invested to roll over now. I think you fight for the premiership points.. we are likely to be out first round anyway.. everything else is now pretty much looking as good as it can for the four individuals.

This was always going to hurt but our club will survive. I personally do not believe the deal has been finalised yet.

Any news on draft picks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Evans - 0% Zero
  • Robson - 3% Zero
  • Hamilton - 5% Zero
  • Corcoran - 5% 12 months suspension
  • Hird - 3% 6 month suspension
  • Thompson - 2% fine
  • Reid - 2% fine
  • Robinson - 10% Zero
  • Dank - 70% Zero
See above.
Thanks for playing :)

For comparison purposes, I've added the suggested penalties from fogdog's tweet to your points allocation.

Yes, some of these people have left the club already, but even if the deal is accepted, none of them will have received any official blame or any official penalties for anything that has happened.

mmmm my suspicious mind at work....this whole latest negotiation thing is just a big set up to expose the AFL for the leaking bucket of ship they really are.
Come tomorrow morning new evidence of this compramised investigation will expose the AFL for how they really truely operate....mass resignations to follow :)

Regards to Hird coaching, I want him as coach in 2014 but my opinion doesn't matter.

The playing group should have the final say, they all need to say honestly and have 100% trust and faith with Hird as the senior coach in 2014. If they don't he can't coach that playing group as I can't see it gelling so well like it did this year.

I don't think they did have knowledge of this and this is the problem. The guy was a loose cannon and not controlled by his superiors. I am as shattered as the next bloke but we move on and support these guys in 2014

But Dank and Robinson also worked or consulted to other clubs. Why aren't those clubs being investigated? Who was responsible for hiring at Gold Coast? Why aren't they being charged with BTGID? What about Melbourne and Geelong?

If being associated with these guys is a crime, then you can't just punish us for this.

Yeah, that's really crappy. :thumbsdown:

The AFL can F*** off with any deals. What was the point of standing firm, threatening court action, and fighting for a fair and just outcome? Why would we bend over now and let the AFL have their way with us? I'll be be ropeable if we cave in after everything the AFL has put us through.
Totally agree with you. 100%. We need to continue to fight

How I personally see it:

This all sits reasonably well with me except the suspension for Hird. I fail to see how a senior coach can be effectively sacked for 6 months for club governance issues, unless the coach deliberately went beyond or outside the boundaries set in place by the club executive. If he did this, fine - he should be suspended. If he didn't (which looks to be the case) then stick any suspension up your ass, as it is an admission of guilt.

If someone can show me the CE for EFC with a clearly defined and designated chain of command that places Hird at the top of the club in terms of HR/high performance/recruiting/administration, then I'll get back in my box.

I agree the CLUB has to take a massive hit and the proposed fine & loss of points sit OK with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back