SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, just means they have values divergent with those of the club.
Or more specifically, their values are not compatible with the club's recent actions, whether it be the actual supplements program or the handling of the fallout from it.

Supporting the club is not a one-way thing - the club must also support its players, its officials and its supporters.

Just a comparison, based on the latest speculation of a "deal".

Melbourne FC - (non) Tanking (i.e. (non) cheating, losing games to gain draft advantages)

- $500K fine

- Dean Bailey - suspended for 16 rounds - suspension served at the Adelaide Football Club
- Chris Connolly - suspended for 12 months

Essendon FC - Governance issues/Workplace safety

-$2.5M fine

- Stripped of 2013 points - forever to have *Essendon for season 2013

- David Evans (Chairman) - resigned
- Ian Robson (CEO) - resigned (untenable)
- Paul Hamilton - resigned (untenable?)
- Dean Robinson - suspended, resigned (untenable)
- Stephen Dank - sacked
- Danny Corcoran - suspended for 12 months
- James Hird - suspended for 6 months
- Mark Thompson - fined
- Doc Reid - fined

- 7 months of the worst character/club assassination through leaks from the AFL/ASADA to the media. Possible illegal behaviour from governing and investigating bodies

Let's be honest and realistic guys, it's not just standard bad governance Essendon is being accused of. EFC bad governance has potentially impacted on the players health, this isn't a standard accounting slip up.

According to whom? Where is the independant medical consensus that ANYTHING we are even alledged to have taken has any real health concerns? You'd think by now there would be loads of experts lining up to give quotes to the slag with such a clear case of malpractice. Surely the players shouldn't be playing & instead undergoing leech treatment to rid them of such insidious chemicals.:rolleyes:

The silence on defending or refuting the mystery mexican drug is deafening. I initially thought it was so far fetched it was a joke. If this is true that the club does not know exactly what players have been injected with then the punishment is warranted.

I have defended EFC and expected a retort to these allegations but if true then this is disturbing.

Dank has destroyed our culture in the short term.

We move on to 2014 and start afresh - when you calm down and think about it, it's not that bad.

Shattered but if this is the truth so be it.

**** that.

What was the point in the last couple of days when all we are going to do is bend over and take it in the arse.

I strongly suspect that if we lose points that Hird and Thompson won't be coaching in 2014.

You can't have as a coach someone who effectively wiped our points for the season.

The silence on defending or refuting the mystery mexican drug is deafening. I initially thought it was so far fetched it was a joke. If this is true that the club does not know exactly what players have been injected with then the punishment is warranted.

I have defended EFC and expected a retort to these allegations but if true then this is disturbing.

We move on to 2014 and start afresh - when you calm down and think about it, it's not that bad.

We have been surprisingly silent during this whole thing though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerberus@tretestecane
10m
Understand this: we are doing whateverittakes to secure the absolute best outcome. If we don't get what we want, we will head to the SC.

Take a breath for now gents, all is well

Can someone give me some examples of the health issues Essendon players are suffering????????

If you talk to anyone that has had any kind of contact with our players (except "Sarah"), none. If you talk to Caro and the outside world, we are possibly facing cancer from TB4 - if we did even take it.

According to whom? Where is the independant medical consensus that ANYTHING we are even alledged to have taken has any real health concerns? You'd think by now there would be loads of experts lining up to give quotes to the slag with such a clear case of malpractice. Surely the players shouldn't be playing & instead undergoing leech treatment to rid them of such insidious chemicals.:rolleyes:

I did say potentially....

Some disgusting comments in here.

Thought they were trolls but unfortunately our own supporters have started turning on Hird :(

I strongly suspect that if we lose points that Hird and Thompson won't be coaching in 2014.

You can't have as a coach someone who effectively wiped our points for the season.

I don't believe this issue should be the sole criteria for evaluating Hird's performance, as much as it has ruined our season and damaged our club, it was not solely his fault and we have been punished out of proportion. He is tactically quite astute, a good man manager, and I would like to see him continue on, everything else being equal.

Who injected the drug and authorised it?

The consensus is Dank did this behind the scenes without anyone's knowledge. Yes, we made a mistake employing him but you can't hang everyone for it because he went rogue.

If coaches had knowledge of this then do you really want them to come back after a 3-6 month holiday?

Just a comparison, based on the latest speculation of a "deal".

Melbourne FC - (non) Tanking (i.e. (non) cheating, losing games to gain draft advantages)

- $500K fine

- Dean Bailey - suspended for 16 rounds - suspension served at the Adelaide Football Club
- Chris Connolly - suspended for 12 months

Essendon FC - Governance issues/Workplace safety

-$2.5M fine

- Stripped of 2013 points - forever to have *Essendon for season 2013

- David Evans (Chairman) - resigned
- Ian Robson (CEO) - resigned (untenable)
- Paul Hamilton - resigned (untenable?)
- Dean Robinson - suspended, resigned (untenable)
- Stephen Dank - sacked
- Danny Corcoran - suspended for 12 months
- James Hird - suspended for 6 months
- Mark Thompson - fined
- Doc Reid - fined

- 7 months of the worst character/club assassination through leaks from the AFL/ASADA to the media. Possible illegal behaviour from governing and investigating bodies

You forgot about the bit where the AFL pays the Dees $2.7mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back