Sale Of the Century - Coming May 30th.

Remove this Banner Ad

m.diddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
#11 on AC's list.
Making it's return on May 30 calling itself temptation.

Who's the host? - Only seen quick bits of the ad
Who's the prize lady?

I'm glad to see it making its return we need a good game show instead of luck ones like Deal or no deal.

milnedog44 said:
Making it's return on May 30 calling itself temptation.

Who's the host? - Only seen quick bits of the ad
Who's the prize lady?

Ed Phillips and Livinia Nixon.

Isn't Temptation the original name of Sale of The Century ?
Prehaps some of our older posters would remember.

Livinia's good value. Didn't think much of her in the early days, but I pretty much love her now. She's just perfect I reckon. Can't fault her.

FootyJunkie said:
Tony Barber = Best SOTC host. He was on "Fat Pizza" a few years back and looked great. Come back Tony!

Tune into Foxtels TV1 at 8.30pm each weeknight.Him and Alyce Platt host the 5 minute quiz show.

I guess Tony's gig is more respectable than flogging erection products when you've got no problem rising [hey Turpie ;) ]

JUBJUB said:
Ed Phillips and Livinia Nixon.

Isn't Temptation the original name of Sale of The Century ?
Prehaps some of our older posters would remember.

Called Great Temptation, and was on from 1969-74. The 'Great' was later dropped, becoming just Temptation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FootyJunkie said:
Tony Barber = Best SOTC host. He was on "Fat Pizza" a few years back and looked great. Come back Tony!
Do you remember when Tony was on the Late Show in the early 90's? The scene was when Jane Kennedy went on Sale in a celebrity chalenge and Tony was supposedly giving the answers to her via an intercom from a van outside Ch 9 with Mick Molloy and Tony Martin.
To start off with she gets plenty of questions correct with Tonys' help but by about halfway through it all becomes very pear shaped. Jane answers the "Who am I" question correctly and Barber whispers "Don't go for the home viewer, they never win". Sure enough she picks the home viewer and wins some crap. By the games end Jane comes a distant last but picks up the consolation prize which is a "Sale" boardgame. She leaves in a huff and goes out to the van and throws the boardgame at Tony and says "Fat lot of good you did Barber!"

It is an abosute classic.

red+black said:
Livinia's good value. Didn't think much of her in the early days, but I pretty much love her now. She's just perfect I reckon. Can't fault her.
Yeah when she was on Hey Hey as Ozzie Ostrich's replacement she didn't talk much but she's pretty good on the weather and the Melbourne ads with John So.

I would have liked to see Glenn Ridge hosting though. And Tony Barber advertises erection products now.

tredders16 said:
Do you remember when Tony was on the Late Show in the early 90's? The scene was when Jane Kennedy went on Sale in a celebrity chalenge and Tony was supposedly giving the answers to her via an intercom from a van outside Ch 9 with Mick Molloy and Tony Martin.
To start off with she gets plenty of questions correct with Tonys' help but by about halfway through it all becomes very pear shaped. Jane answers the "Who am I" question correctly and Barber whispers "Don't go for the home viewer, they never win". Sure enough she picks the home viewer and wins some crap. By the games end Jane comes a distant last but picks up the consolation prize which is a "Sale" boardgame. She leaves in a huff and goes out to the van and throws the boardgame at Tony and says "Fat lot of good you did Barber!"

I love that. One of my favourite all time Late Show moments :D

Got myself an audition on 5th June.

Fingers crossed I get asked plenty of sports related questions and stuff all questions about science or the 'arts'.

I don't get it.

Channel 9 promise us bold and exciting and programming and give us...

Sale of the Century.

Great.

Maybe 'Back to the Future' or 'Let's do the timewarp again' should be the station's motto instead of 'Still the One,' especially since Chisolm is back and hiring all his old cronies.

tredders16 said:

Hahaha i watched the DVD of that show and that skits on there. Its hilarious.

Lidge said:

Fingers crossed I get asked plenty of sports related questions and stuff all questions about science or the 'arts'.
Good luck mate. Hope to see you on there.

JUBJUB said:
Ian Turpie is the one that advertises erection products.
You're not up to date buddy. Tony Barber has appeared on GMA selling erection products as well.

Lidge said:

All the best with it! Let us know if you make it on there won't you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sale Of the Century - Coming May 30th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back