Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Maybe. I really don't know though I suspect in a way the incident will be overblown. Can't really believe it is isolated. This one was caught on camera.

I truly don't know where I stand on these things except it seemed a bit off to me. And smacks a bit of court of public opinion, where I would prefer the decision of the actual CAS
I understand your view and generally agree with it. But football is theatre. Will always be. Sammy Mitchell is a footballer. That's all. Footballers do lead by example - I agree. But what really is the harm here?

Yeah. Maybe. I really don't know though I suspect in a way the incident will be overblown. Can't really believe it is isolated. This one was caught on camera.

I truly don't know where I stand on these things except it seemed a bit off to me. And smacks a bit of court of public opinion, where I would prefer the decision of the actual CAS
Essendopes have really dragged down the standards of what's right and wrong.

I understand your view and generally agree with it. But football is theatre. Will always be. Sammy Mitchell is a footballer. That's all. Footballers do lead by example - I agree. But what really is the harm here?
Yeah. I know. Not much. Probably none. Media will devote a couple of days to it though and better to just walk on by. So far as I know nobody from EFC (real people, not posters) have made it an issue. I'm not a big fan of really personal sledging, but innocuous sledging probably achieves nothing... Don't worry, I'll take a few moments out and heal

I'm surprised more haven't done it

Pretty funny stuff.

Lewis did it on camera in a post match interview in 2013, but was a bit more subtle, so got away with it: (referring to Heppel):
"He has bigger quads than me, I didn't think that was possible. A well developed guy." Some nice PEDS trolling right there.

Interesting that Hird has jumped in calling Mitchell "naive and idiotic". I may have missed it but did Hird call himself that by bringing a convicted drug peddler into the EFC fold and then allow off-site injections to take place whilst at the same time, sidelining the club doctor by keeping things from him. How heckin'g "naive and idiotic" is that Albert?!

And yes before EFC supporters jump in, I dislike Hird intensely.

Hird's a deadset flog.

Apparently being in charge of an injection regime is okay. Pointing it out is not. If they didn't inject themselves with god knows what in the first place under Hird's watch then there would've been no need for Mitchell to sledge. The only one naive and idiotic is Hird. You reap what you sow.

I wouldn't describe what Mitchell said as an apology. He said it wasn't a good look and that he probably shouldn't have said it. He seemed to be on the verge of breaking into laughter the entire time as well.

Hird now claiming that it's all media propaganda that is the reason that a lot of people see Essendon in a bad light. Naive and idiotic campaigner is Hird.

Highly doubt Mitchell is the first to bring out the needle sledge. He's just the first to use sign language. Apparently Juddy was all over it last year with verbals. No big deal for me and hazard a guess that's how the Essendon players feel. players get sledged for everything and anything. Thomas, selwood, shuey and co would get called cheats every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird's a deadset flog.

Apparently being in charge of an injection regime is okay. Pointing it out is not. If they didn't inject themselves with god knows what in the first place under Hird's watch then there would've been no need for Mitchell to sledge. The only one naive and idiotic is Hird. You reap what you sow.
LOL, pointing it out like they didnt know?

No, Mitchell used it to gain an advantage which in his own words he now regrets

Why not, he was stupid enough to do it

I certainly wouldn't be crying on a footy forum about how mean they are to him. I reasonably sure Crowley wont worry too much either
Crowley would take it like a man. He's admitted fault and paid a price.
He can and will move on with a clean conscience.

Hird's a deadset flog.

100%

Hird and supporters looking for distraction, as always. They had an out of control injection programme. Fact!

LOL, pointing it out like they didnt know?

No, Mitchell used it to gain an advantage which in his own words he now regrets

He pretends to regret it because he has to. Don't mix that up with true regret.

As I said, Hird happy to oversee a million inject but cracks it when it pointed out. Hird, the overseer of a trillion injection to his players, with no care about the health of his players, is the only one idiotic and naive. He's a real flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back