Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsman is seriously overrated. Wouldn’t fit in with the way we play, allergic to a hard ball.
Not sure what his running is like, but if it's any good, you'd think that Seedsman could do Phillips's role and cause a significantly higher degree of damage.

Not sure what his running is like, but if it's any good, you'd think that Seedsman could do Phillips's role and cause a significantly higher degree of damage.
I’d rather Phillips tbh. He’s coming along fine. This hype for Seedsman will be over soon imo. He might have one good season but I would be surprised if it lasted any longer than that.

The thing that kind of irks me about Seedy, and it might well be unfair, is that he always looks like he’s trying to win the ‘metres gained’ stat. (And he is winning it by a long way) Long kicks. Lots of long kicks. Now that’s not always a negative, hell I’ve been impressed by a few games where Murray has had decent metres gained. But it just seems to be uppermost in Seedy’s mind.

The thing that kind of irks me about Seedy, and it might well be unfair, is that he always looks like he’s trying to win the ‘metres gained’ stat. (And he is winning it by a long way) Long kicks. Lots of long kicks. Now that’s not always a negative, hell I’ve been impressed by a few games where Murray has had decent metres gained. But it just seems to be uppermost in Seedy’s mind.

Funny think to be irked over!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely raised an eyebrow at the price at the time but now think it may turn out to be a fairly inspired move. Murray is golden, exactly what we needed. Will be better than Saad if he’s not already (who cost a 2nd rounder straight if I’m not mistaken). But here’s the kicker, if Quaynor falls in the range anticipated by Hine, as well as other FS/academy selections, well then we effectively have paid nothing for Murray. Free player. Free line-breaking, lightning fast HBFer which was a dire need and who transforms the way we move the ball. That’s not just good that’s f***ing genius. If the cards fall differently so be it, we’ve still done very well IMO. It’s a bit of a gamble, but so far so good.

That's flawed logic unfortunately. Even if Quaynor slides into the region of our 3rd pick, we've still lost the option to draft anyone with our 2nd pick. Downside is, Quaynor has a ripper year and ends up getting a bid in the top 20-30, we potentially lose our 2019 2nd as well if we match.

I’d rather Phillips tbh. He’s coming along fine. This hype for Seedsman will be over soon imo. He might have one good season but I would be surprised if it lasted any longer than that.

I'd take the Seed in a heartbeat. Much better contested mark, much better kick with sensational penetration in his kicking. Sadly though he needed the change of environment to push him to realize some of that potential.

Seedsman formed part of the Howe trade (indirectly) correct? I’ll keep Howe thanks. Actually pleased and not the slightest bit regretful or bitter to see Seedsman doing well. Good on him.

That assumes we wouldn't/couldn't have still gotten the Howe trade done.

You mean the bloke that's struggled to get into the Crows for 2 seasons? The bloke that has only just managed to put a good few games together for the first time in his career?

Atkins (I think it was) said in an interview after the Swans game that this is the first season Seedsman has had an uninterrupted preseason since he's been at the Crows so perhaps injuries have played a bigger part than your post suggests.

Atkins (I think it was) said in an interview after the Swans game that this is the first season Seedsman has had an uninterrupted preseason since he's been at the Crows so perhaps injuries have played a bigger part than your post suggests.
How long has he been in the system? He's struggled for years.

Last edited:
That's flawed logic unfortunately. Even if Quaynor slides into the region of our 3rd pick, we've still lost the option to draft anyone with our 2nd pick. Downside is, Quaynor has a ripper year and ends up getting a bid in the top 20-30, we potentially lose our 2019 2nd as well if we match.
4 nga or father sons

Discounted 25%
Player with first round ISSAC if bid on
All the rest are covered by the two 3rds and a fourth
Couple with some trading were fine

4 nga or father sons

Discounted 25%
Player with first round ISSAC if bid on
All the rest are covered by the two 3rds and a fourth
Couple with some trading were fine

None of which says we got Murray for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back