Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is quality one on one the way Burgoyne was for Hawks but his pace would be faster than someone like Hill. He can run the lines better than Leon Davis in 2011 and delver the ball better.
Lel

There is so much space in his NEAFL highlights!

Yep. He getting a Ton of Space though a Few Times got out of some Tricky Spots.

At least he takes the Game On. We don't have many that do that

In that video he looks like a line breaker who picks good options and kicks it to advantage. I reckon we should be genuinely excited. I know we would be if we had have used a draft pick in the draft to get him, don't see why it's different when we use a draft pick in a trade.
Because the board is generally in a mood to bitch at anything that at first glance looks questionable before giving it a second's thought.

If the deal involves picks directly from this trade I can’t separate the two, but there’s been no movement so it seems I was overly optimistic.

Were you asking the same of the WHE deal last year which was similarly overs?I’m not going to go hard because it’s clear to me that he’ll be best 22 and I didn’t expect us to learn from last years mistakes so I’m non-plussed.

Happy to have you BTW Sam :thumbsu:

That example is so far apart its not funny Sco.

WHE was a former pick 4 with AFL experience and shown he had talent all be it inconsistent. We paid a second rounder in a so so draft. Really got him cheap.

Murray is a cat B rookie that was at best going to be offered a 3rd year rookie spot (rumours heavily suggesting he was set to be delisted).

We paid a second rounder in a touted super draft at the least a very strong draft. We well over paid.
There is every possibility that we could of secured him in the PSD.

Anyway whats done is done Welcome to the pies I hope you have a break out season and play 150 games.

The kid has attributes we need, there are feasible reasons for him not getting a gig in the firsts (probably behind 4 established players for his position) but the price is high.
Only time will tell if the price is right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't tell too much from the short clips I've seen, but some half-arsed observations:
- He won't have as much space to run in the AFL, so he'll need to develop his game/keep within his limitations
- Probably no good on his right foot, to judge from his determination to accelerate to get onto his left. Not a big drama, but not great.
- He is fast, which is obviously his biggest asset.
- He doesn't seem to just blaze away. He seems to measure the distance of his kicks, and he also manages to look inside.
- He will take some time to adjust/adapt, but he's a best 22 for us next year.

Hopefully the sting of the deal which brought him to the club will have worn off next year, and we'll be able to enjoy him for what he brings.

Man what a shit way to start the day (morning here)

what did we get for Witts
what did we get for Marley
what have we paid for this kid

The mind boggles. heck you Collingwood.
ps Good luck to Sam Murray. hope he has a great career with us. I am not hating on him, I am hating on the morons in charge of the club.

All im taking out of the cost we paid is that we must rate him extremely highly. And because of that im quite comfortable with the trade.

Hard to really judge given the standard he was playing in is below VFL standard. I would be happy to have him on board with what was reported early in trade week of an exchange of "late picks". So here I was thinking a pick in the 80's or so for a young lad who is a category B rookie playing in the NEAFL

Well its done now. Lets hope he makes us all eat our words next year but I think he is a highly speculative pick ...... again.

I can't tell too much from the short clips I've seen, but some half-arsed observations:
- He won't have as much space to run in the AFL, so he'll need to develop his game/keep within his limitations
- Probably no good on his right foot, to judge from his determination to accelerate to get onto his left. Not a big drama, but not great.
- He is fast, which is obviously his biggest asset.
- He doesn't seem to just blaze away. He seems to measure the distance of his kicks, and he also manages to look inside.
- He will take some time to adjust/adapt, but he's a best 22 for us next year.

Hopefully the sting of the deal which brought him to the club will have worn off next year, and we'll be able to enjoy him for what he brings.

A pre season with our High performance team and we will rip those hammies to shreds

Just listen to Hine's interviews, the guy just doesn't have the guts to pressure other teams into better deals... we always blink and the other teams get what they want. I don't think he has the aggression or killer instinct needed to survive in these situations.

Trading with Collingwood much be a luxury, they literally just push us around.
To be honest I can imagine this happening with the Mayne deal. We wanted him to come to the pies and we offer him a 3 year deal. The compensation that Freo receive is not enough to land brad hill. Freo slightly threaten us that if we don't help us with them getting a better pick by adding an extra year to the contract, they are going to make things difficult for us to get our guy. Hine has no backbone, or is just extremely polite, and adds on the extra year

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back