Sam Newman has done it this time

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way anybody could associate the events of today with Sam, other than if this lady did have personal problems his comments would not have helped.

Poor form by Sam (again) and channel 9 should never have brought him back.

sad what has happened to her... but what sam said ultimately was a compliment, although delivered in a bad way.

i honestly think sam newman should be given free range to do what he likes because some people love to watch it and find it funny. if you dont then simply ignore what he says

What Sam said was rude and vulgar but you hear far worse in the bloody school yard and in no way should it make someone attempt suicide. FFS if anyone is laying blame on Sam Newman for this – they are dead set mental.

That women has external issues to deal with far greater than anything Sam Newman said.

I bet there are certain people out there rubbing their hands together and licking their lips at this news. More anti Sam ammo, doesn't matter about the people involved.

What Sam said was rude and vulgar but you hear far worse in the bloody school yard and in no way should it make someone attempt suicide. FFS if anyone is laying blame on Sam Newman for this – they are dead set mental.

That women has external issues to deal with far greater than anything Sam Newman said.

yeh, well i agree that people should not be blaming Sam Newman, but the difference between this and the school yard is that the whole nation hears what sam says, so it MAY effect someone do something of that nature in a weak state of mind.....

So has Sam caused this with an single offensive comment?

Or could it have something to do with the ENTIRE Australian media making it front page news.

One comment has led to 3 days of ridiculously over the top coverage from newspapers, tv, radio and the internet.

There is too much media in this country with too little to talk about.

To the Tasmanian MP, get well soon.

You can't blame Sam for her mental issues.

It's like when the fan who abused Laidley killed himself in 2006 after Laidley invited him in the room to see how much the players were really hurting.

Sam, and Laidley for that matter, had nothing to do with other peoples mental problems.

Or could it have something to do with the ENTIRE Australian media making it front page news.

One comment has led to 3 days of ridiculously over the top coverage from newspapers, tv, radio and the internet.

agree with u there. She apoligized and the issue should have stopped there, yet our obsessive over-the-top media loves to feed on this crap, it sells, and its sad for people involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one on here that believes it was, as Sam reiterates, a simple slip of the tongue. If you have a look at the incident and the way Sam repulses, after a second or two delay, when he realises what he just said. All the other times Sam has said or done something controversial he stands by it and actually plays on it for some time, at least till the end of the show.

They turn you into a monster, and then they call you one.

They give the story some legs to get the public lighting their torches, then they go after them chanting and hissing.

The media stir is ridiculous.

sad what has happened to her... but what sam said ultimately was a compliment, although delivered in a bad way.

i honestly think sam newman should be given free range to do what he likes because some people love to watch it and find it funny. if you dont then simply ignore what he says

A compliment you reckon? Hang on. I'll just go try it out on the wife :rolleyes:

And on your second point, the people whom he lines up might not think it is that funny, and as such, he should keep his mouth shut.

I used to watch this show religiously when it started - some funny shit in the early days. Now, I couldn't care less if I saw it or not.

Am I the only one on here that believes it was, as Sam reiterates, a simple slip of the tongue. If you have a look at the incident and the way Sam repulses, after a second or two delay, when he realises what he just said. All the other times Sam has said or done something controversial he stands by it and actually plays on it for some time, at least till the end of the show.
Only a complete moron would believe sam's back pedalling act.
He knew exactly what he had said and knew he was in deep trouble, because of his track record.

It's about time he acted his age.

However, this incident regarding Paula Wreidt has nothing to do with him

The young Tasmanian MP who was the subject of his disgraceful comments on TFS has been admitted to hospital this afternoon. No details but reading between the lines it would appear she is not in good shape.

The AFL and Channel Eddie are an absolute disgrace for allowing this buffoon to continually degrade women :mad:

How did you come to the conclusion that this is in anyway relatied to Sams comments?

yeh, well i agree that people should not be blaming Sam Newman, but the difference between this and the school yard is that the whole nation hears what sam says, so it MAY effect someone do something of that nature in a weak state of mind.....

Yeah you’re probably right but what Sam said was only one very small.

The only way people can sensor Sam Newman is to stop watching the Footy Show. No ratings = no Sam. If you don’t like or agree with how he acts or what he says – change the ****ing channel.

The young Tasmanian MP who was the subject of his disgraceful comments on TFS has been admitted to hospital this afternoon. No details but reading between the lines it would appear she is not in good shape.

The AFL and Channel Eddie are an absolute disgrace for allowing this buffoon to continually degrade women :mad:

WTF:eek::eek::eek:

I'm speechless, I am without speech

The stress of the situation? Oh give me a break! Sure I don't like Sam that much but bugger me if someone saying they'd like to c*m on her would cause undue stress and give her a possible breakdown! What is wrong with the world??

PS. Nothing against you personally red+black, but I'm sure you can see my point!

i'm only trying to see it from her point of view. of course what Sam said shouldn't have much if any impact on her, but the maelstrom of media coverage that followed could have taken her by surprise. it could be argued that she contributed to that.

but, there is also the possibility that there are other issues in her life and the Sam incident just happened to occur at the same time. i don't know anything about her personal life (family, etc).

and like it or not, the women's group will use this as further ammunition against Sam. can you imagine how riled up they must be now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Newman has done it this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back