MRP / Trib. Sam Powell-Pepper bump on Mark Keane

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_5423.png IMG_5424.png IMG_5425.png IMG_5426.png

lol at some of the comments here.

Lined him up etc.

On the clock you can see 1 sec elapsed while Keane went from running with the ball on one side of Rioli to tackled and turned into spp.

the amount of time from one of those frames to the other ie Keane getting turned into spp must have been .10 of a second. Anyone who has done any reaction time tests knows it’s hard enough to press a button your finger is already on in that time much less stop running slash change direction.

The expectation here is that spp should have been able to do what? Have precognition that Keane was going to be turned into him?

Does anyone think spp could have avoided that collision? If so put your hand up so we know you’re a grade A moron. It would have been impossible.

Spp is guilty of wrong place wrong time, and the worst look of the thing is he turned his shoulder in a fraction of a second impact that was instinctively protecting himself.

If he didn’t turn he still hits Keane high. And just as hard.

Only difference is spp would also have been concussed

If spp was a Victorian player he would get off.

Thats not a guess or wild claim on my part, there’s literal examples of it, one even getting talked about a lot right now.

Spp will get weeks for this, then later in the year a Victorian player will open someone up in an easily avoidable hit and get off yet again.

Last edited:

View attachment 1912103View attachment 1912104View attachment 1912105View attachment 1912106

Lined him up etc.

On the clock you can see 1 sec elapsed while Keane went from running with the ball on one side of Rioli to tackled and turned into spp.

the amount of time from one of those frames to the other ie Keane getting turned into spp must have been .10 of a second. Anyone who has done any reaction time tests knows it’s hard enough to press a button your finger is already on in that time much less stop running slash change direction.

The expectation here is that spp should have been able to do what? Have precognition that Keane was going to be turned into him?

Does anyone think spp could have avoided that collision? If so put your hand up so we know you’re a grade A moron. It would have been impossible.

Spp is guilty of wrong place wrong time, and the worst look of the thing is he turned his shoulder in a fraction of a second impact that was instinctively protecting himself.

Thats not a guess or wild claim on my part, there’s literal examples of it, one even getting talked about a lot right now.

Spp will get weeks for this, then later in the year a Victorian player will open someone up in an easily avoidable hit and get off yet again.
What a surprise.. wouldnt have expected any less from you who’s possibly the biggest crows hater on this entire forum and never ever sees any bad in his beloved power.

Maybe you should put your hand up and offer to go represent SPP at the tribunal!..

He’d get 10 weeks if you tried to pull the nonsense you just spewed out in anger in your comment.

Look at the bloody photos you yourself provided.. not once does SPP put his arms and hands up and out in a tackling motion as he approaches the contest..

He drops his shoulder down and drives into the player..

Its a shoulder charge and he contacted flush.

He had absolutely no intent at all to go for the football.

In the NRL he’d get months off.. shoulder charges, especially on players who are already restricted in a tackle and cant protect themselves, are cowardly and dangerous.

Just unbelievable you could call everyone else, even other power supporters in here who have said it was dumb from SPP, “grade A morons”… you need to go take a long hard look in the nearest mirror.

What a surprise.. wouldnt have expected any less from you who’s possibly the biggest crows hater on this entire forum and never ever sees any bad in his beloved power.

Maybe you should put your hand up and offer to go represent SPP at the tribunal!..

He’d get 10 weeks if you tried to pull the nonsense you just spewed out in anger in your comment.

Look at the bloody photos you yourself provided.. not once does SPP put his arms and hands up and out in a tackling motion as he approaches the contest..

He drops his shoulder down and drives into the player..

Its a shoulder charge and he contacted flush.

He had absolutely no intent at all to go for the football.

In the NRL he’d get months off.. shoulder charges, especially on players who are already restricted in a tackle and cant protect themselves, are cowardly and dangerous.

Just unbelievable you could call everyone else, even other power supporters in here who have said it was dumb from SPP, “grade A morons”… you need to go take a long hard look in the nearest mirror.

Lol. I said nothing about the crows in my post and you’ve gone berserk.

He didn’t try to tackle because he wasn’t in a position to tackle until Rioli turns him into spp. and at that stage he has zero time to do anything other than brace.

Lol. I said nothing about the crows in my post and you’ve gone berserk.

He didn’t try to tackle because he wasn’t in a position to tackle until Rioli turns him into spp. and at that stage he has zero time to do anything other than brace.
Sorry but you’re speaking nonsense and playing mental gymnastics here. His options were to 1. Allow Rioli to complete the tackle, 2. Contest/smother the ball directly 3. Complete the tackle with Rioli or 4. Bump. He chose to bump and made contact with the head. He’s gone mate, afl will make an example and give 5+ weeks.

Sorry but you’re speaking nonsense and playing mental gymnastics here. His options were to 1. Allow Rioli to complete the tackle, 2. Contest/smother the ball directly 3. Complete the tackle with Rioli or 4. Bump. He chose to bump and made contact with the head. He’s gone mate, afl will make an example and give 5+ weeks.

There’s no gymnastics required other than by crows fans you want to paint an indigenous port player as a thug.

The stills are unequivocal proof that Rioli turned Keane in a tackle into spp and that there was only a fraction of a second (look at the clock in the stills) between this happening that spp had to react.

Yes the afl will make an example of a port player, especially after they’ve copped heat for letting a vic player get off after ending a players career in a completely unnecessary and avoidable collision.

Elected to bump and concussed him so has to be weeks but watching it in real time it looks more foolish than malicious to me.

Also, the victimhood complex developed by many supporters of non-victorian teams has become just exhausting over the past couple of years. Not everything bad that happens to your team is due to vicbias.

Also, the victimhood complex developed by many supporters of non-victorian teams has become just exhausting over the past couple of years. Not everything bad that happens to your team is due to vicbias.

“Victimhood complex”

We’re literally discussing right now a player for your club let off by the afl for something so blatant it was incredible they had the gall.

It’s not an opinion, that there’s Victorian bias in the competition, it’s fact.

View attachment 1912103View attachment 1912104View attachment 1912105View attachment 1912106

Lined him up etc.

You’ve wasted half an hour of your day to prove yourself comically biased. Good effort although the same could’ve been achieved in 30 seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve wasted half an hour of your day to prove yourself comically biased. Good effort although the same could’ve been achieved in 30 seconds.

wtf are you on about? It took moments to screenshot and post.

Also, what kind of brainiac tells someone they’re wasting their time posting on a forum … by posting on the forum?

I provided evidence to support my argument.

Youve called me biased and said I’ve wasted my time. Think before you post.

SPP was obviously trying to block the handpass when Keane was slung into his path so he turned his body to protect himself.
You don’t see the thuggery in modern footy anymore but the players are still brave to play the game because there is always a chance of accidental high-speed collisions like this.
What is interesting is the underlying racism & bigotry in the media & amongst the lowbrow. Maynard knocks a guy out & finishes his career & secures a final win & the white media pull all stops to defend him. Black guy knocks a white guy down & is instantly labelled “a piece of s&$t” by news.com. Chalk & cheese

Last edited:
SPP was obviously trying to block the handpass when Keane was slung into his path so he turned his body to protect himself.
You don’t see the thuggery in modern footy anymore but the players are still brave to play the game because there is always a chance of accidental high-speed collisions like this.
What is interesting is the underlying racism & bigotry in the media & amongst the lowbrow. Maynard knocks a guy out & finishes his career & secures a final win & the white media pull all stops to defend him. Black guy knocks a white guy down & is instantly labelled “a piece of s&$t” by news.com. Chalk & cheese
Pulling out all the cards are the Port fans.
#VICBIAS #racism

Quite hilarious reading biased fans try and justify the unjustifiable and try to change the narrative. Keep going guys it’s funny and you look stupid.

So how is this incident different to Maynard/ Brayshaw incident?
Maynard’s defence was that he was attacking a contest he felt he could influence & turned his body late to protect himself before collision.
Here’s a hint, one was white & plays for a big vic club, other is black & plays for port

Not at all surprising to see the vic club and crows supporters playing the man in response to my post rather than addressing my completely factual post that included screenshots showing Rioli turn Keane in the tackle with gametime showing the whole thing happened in approx 1 second with the time from Keane being turned being a fraction of that.

You’re obviously mentally special and incapable of reading the vitriol thrown at Maynard from all corners, including media and public.

There’s a lot of people who think Maynard is a piece of shit. I don’t think it’s got to do with race here, I just don’t think he needed to drop the shoulder.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Sam Powell-Pepper bump on Mark Keane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back