Sam Walsh vs Connor Rozee

Who is the superior talent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This 'game winner' tag is the biggest load of rubbish.

Walsh's cumulative actions during a game go much further to winning a game of footy than Rozee's. He also quite literally kicked the sealing goal last week, after skilfully keeping a contested ball in play then following up to receive and snapping from the boundary. Those kind of efforts are increasingly becoming the norm, and his X-factor is either underrated or conveniently ignored.

The distance between the two is currently chasmic.

Obviously this comparison is over, but what has happened to Rozee? He had that really good quarter against Geelong and has really done nothing else all year. You’d have thought he would be improving not stagnating

Hasn't had a clear run at it for 2 years due to persistent injuries. It's no surprise that his best games e.g Geelong have come after a week off (rest helps). There's a few casuals that will have egg on their face when he gets over the injury issues. Could still be a top 10 player IMO.

And Walsh is a Gun. Will be interesting to see who has the better career between him, butters and smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee will end up the better player in my opinion. Walsh is a jet and will put up ridiculous numbers every year (like Dayne Beams) but Rozee will turn out to be a better match winner.

Hasn't had a clear run at it for 2 years due to persistent injuries. It's no surprise that his best games e.g Geelong have come after a week off (rest helps). There's a few casuals that will have egg on their face when he gets over the injury issues. Could still be a top 10 player IMO.

And Walsh is a Gun. Will be interesting to see who has the better career between him, butters and smith.
Better is used to compare 2.

If there are 3 or more you should use Best.

Butters is a gun. Could see him becoming the next McCluggage.

Cornes proved himself to be a clueless one-eyed Port man pretending to be a media commentator.

Happy for him to rent that space for the rest of his media career.
Cornes gets paid to be controversial.

Is he a good football analyst? **** no!

But the reactions he he gets from crows and blues fans are the likely reason he’s so prominent in the media.

Cornes gets paid to be controversial.

Is he a good football analyst? fu** no!

But the reactions he he gets from crows and blues fans are the likely reason he’s so prominent in the media.

Since his comments on Walsh, I barely pay attention to the guy. Love this thread though. And the one on Smith. I'm not potting either of those players coz they could yet be anything. I just think it's a bit of humble pie for the amount of unwarranted shit Walsh copped over his first few years

Since his comments on Walsh, I barely pay attention to the guy. Love this thread though. And the one on Smith. I'm not potting either of those players coz they could yet be anything. I just think it's a bit of humble pie for the amount of unwarranted sh*t Walsh copped over his first few years
I don’t agree with the potting of young players either. Full stop.

Carlton have a good one in Walsh. Seems to be your only player who takes pride in their performance.

Shame you were the only club who had access to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Walsh vs Connor Rozee

Back