Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
I’m thinking that Police knew very early on that they weren’t searching for items of her clothing - I’m thinking they had the Apple Watch & Phone data telling of her death & location very early on - possibly found linked to home computer.

Someone pointed out (thank you ) there’s static cameras in the forest to monitor wildlife, so it’s a fair bet that they got pics of the crime, and which possibly show her still fully clothed on ‘removal’ from the place of her murder.

I think perhaps police figured the phone wasn’t with her at that reported 5pm ping, hence the effort to locate that, and any information / location data it may contain.

I’d be interested to know more about these cameras, if they upload dats, if there’s a ‘control room’ somewhere that monitors the camera activity & what they capture - as it appears Police were on to things very quickly -and it seems POS was unfortunate that he picked a spot with a camera, which lined up with her App data.

Did Police really leave him running free, under surveillance, for 2 weeks, in the hope he’d lead them to A
Sam’s body ?

And if that’s the case, I’d suggest that his girlfriend, parents etc were all in the dark. On that basis, I don’t think anyone dobbed him in, I’d suggest it was all visually captured and backed up by her relayed Apple data. Pretty solid case one would think .
I think you’re on the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back