Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Where ever her body is …. It’s my theory.
If he unintentionally hits her with his car and then (believing she's dead) takes her elsewhere and dumps her and she then dies, he's killed her.

But that doesn't make it murder. He hasn't intended to hit her with the car, nor has he dumped her in the bush knowing it to be probable that death or GBH would result.

If he unintentionally hits her with his car and then (believing she's dead) takes her elsewhere and dumps her and she then dies, he's killed her.

But that doesn't make it murder. He hasn't intended to hit her with the car, nor has he dumped her in the bush knowing it to be probable that death or GBH would result.
They’ve charged him with murder, that’s intentional

It’s upto the police to prove … it’s going to be a very hard case to formulate what happened ..

They’ll have her body soon … if he is the culprit, he’d be stupid not revealing where it is.

When people use their vehicle to end their own lives is that an accident?

Or is it a deliberate act, where they make the decision to end their life by deliberately hitting a tree, brick wall, whatever.

Agree…. But the police may have evidence, via her watch, that she was still alive. Thus he deliberately caused her death by not taking her to hospital or calling 000

They’ve charged him with murder, that’s intentional
Is it possible they are using the murder charge as leverage to get him to reveal where the body is?
Suppose he is just clamming up and not saying anything. The cops will have a theory as to what has happened, including Samantha dying as a result of the offender's actions. If he wants the cops to believe he hasn't murdered her, he will have to tell them exactly what happened (including where the body is), and therefore why it's not murder but possibly a lesser charge.
Right now, it's a poker game. Without a body, all the police have is circumstantial evidence, and they may not get a conviction (beyond reasonable doubt). They may very well offer a lesser charge for a confession which includes the location of the body.

I wonder if the hit and run narrative would have taken off to the same degree if Samantha Murphy was 20 years younger. People still assume sexual crimes are about sexual attraction, and that older women are not sexually attractive so are less likely to be targeted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the hit and run narrative would have taken off to the same degree if Samantha Murphy was 20 years younger. People still assume sexual crimes are about sexual attraction, and that older women are not sexually attractive so are less likely to be targeted.

The police would not comment on whether they believe their was a sexual element to the case so we don’t know but 80 year old women have been r*ped so it is possible although definitely not indicated so far in this case.

Lol what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking her away in his car is not the same thing but they ruled out an accident of that type.

They may have ruled out the accident killed her… his actions after did.
Right now they may not know what happened at all… other than a large amount of evidence that he was involved.

Again, I feel a bit for his family, and particularly with the suppression order lifted. They are probably decent people who didn’t see this coming and are going to have a tough time showing their faces in the area.

Now that theres no supression order i can say that as someone that knows a lot of people whp know orren and whitney well-they are very genuine and decent people and it would definitely be hitting them hard (and no im not saying that because of what club i support).

Doesnt excuse anything patrick is accused of doing but its important to remember in context.

I think the car aspect is so prominent because the police mentioned a damaged car & asked the public to notify them if they recall seeing a damaged car in the area around those times.

The media keep asking about it in the pressers too, and I'd assume they know or have heard a little more about the investigation than they have (or allowed to) revealed publicly.

I don't agree with the sexual crimes aspect of your comment at all on so many levels. Women of all demographics are victims of sexual assault. Recent ones which come to mind occurred in aged care facilities, as an example.

Incorrect, there are three elements and ticks all of them in this scenario

Voluntarily committed acts which caused the victim’s death;

Had the intention to kill, or cause really serious injury or knowing it was probable that death or serious injury would result; and

Had no lawful justification or defence for those acts.

Drove a car hitting them ticks off on the first, putting a badly injured person in.the boo and getting rid of them to protect yourself ticks both 1st and 2nd. Clear murder case, although some judge will work their hardest to find a way to let him off light.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That just sounds way too unbelievable for me. Why would you dispose of the body and keep quiet about it. Even if it's a day after the drugs are out his system he could have reported it? Even after he was arrested, why wouldn't he co-operate with police and state where the body is if it were an accident?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back