Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
I feel this post is right on the boundary of victim blaming. I'm not saying it is victim blaming, just that it is teetering on the verge
Uumm, I don’t feel it’s ’victim blaming’.

Instead I think it’s just highlighting the lengths that people unfortunately have to go to, in order not to become a Victim, living as we do in a world that filled with all sorts of inhumane and self-indulgent sickos.

Apparently she should have had a male accompanying her on her run 🙄

We are not in Saudi Arabia ffs.

The problem with this line of thinking is the onus starts to be put on the victim and not the offender.

Soon locking your houses is not enough. You need to build higher fences, get cameras. There are parts of South Africa with security guards.

A teen had his bike stolen and forgot to lock it. No sympathy from me were the cries on social media. I posted that my teen son had his bike stolen with a lock on it. Someone replied that he should have had two or three locks on his bike as they do in parts of the UK.

It’s a real slippery slope.

Samantha was out in daylight, in a country town, middle aged, with a charged phone and had told her family where she was going. She took precautions.

I’m 48 and if I can’t go for a run in Australia at 7am without a male accompanying me then that’s not a life I want to live.

Apparently she should have had a male accompanying her on her run 🙄
If I could use an example,
Jill Meagher is a victim of a horrific crime. Adrian Bailey is the perp and only person responsible.
I won’t since this case walk around the corner to go home at night because of these types of sickos.
Should I have to worry about this? Of course not, but unfortunately I do.
Am I to blame if I do decide to walk home and get murdered, No, the perpetrator is.

What precautions should Samantha have taken? Is that seriously what’s being suggested here?
I think someone suggested she could've gotten into a road rage incident, then someone else said no they couldnt see her doing something to provoke an altercation, and then someone else went off on a tangent of victim blaming and why is it always the womans fault for being attacked etc. Dont think anyone has actually suggested she should have taken precautions or that this is somehow her fault.

5 pages of genuine drivel posted since I last read this thread.

Bring back MurderyStuff and bikie theories please. Like why can’t POS have bikie links and covert surveillance of said Bikies for unrelated matters is how get got caught. It’s better than half the other junk that gets posted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no bloody proof that it was the husband ever suspected by the Police.

He had been discounted on day one

They didn't even suggest that a family member were assisting them with investigations.

The Police speak in a carefully coded language by what they don't say and if the listener parses their words carefully the words they choose gives an understanding of what they really are saying or hinting at

Which any true crime aficionado understands

The first thing police do in cases like these is eliminate close family as suspects. Once they have done that they move on to investigating other suspects. This is the same for any murder case as stats show the killer is more often than not known to the victim.

The first thing police do in cases like these is eliminate close family as suspects. Once they have done that they move on to investigating other suspects. This is the same for any murder case as stats show the killer is more often than not known to the victim.
And as we have seen in other cases where the family has been eliminated initially as suspects, they are later found to have not been as "innocent" as first thought.

5 pages of genuine drivel posted since I last read this thread.

Bring back MurderyStuff and bikie theories please. Like why can’t POS have bikie links and covert surveillance of said Bikies for unrelated matters is how get got caught. It’s better than half the other junk that gets posted.
Some of us are just conversing, in the absence of any updates re Samantha. .. and as often happens in conversations, thought patterns get trigged that raise other topics.

I’d suggest that if you have something other than ‘junk’ to contribute, that you please do so.

Alternatively, if the conversation doesn’t interest you, simply scroll by. After all, as they say, ‘ one person’s junk is another person’s treasure ‘.

Some of us are just conversing, in the absence of any updates re Samantha. .. and as often happens in conversations, thought patterns get trigged that raise other topics.

I’d suggest that if you have something other than ‘junk’ to contribute, that you please do so.

Alternatively, if the conversation doesn’t interest you, simply scroll by. After all, as they say, ‘ one person’s junk is another person’s treasure ‘.

Don’t yuck my yum

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back