Sandilands bump on davis, 1-2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe some think Enright isn't in trouble. He could've tackled or smothered. He was chose neither and jumped up and smashed him in the head. He'll get a couple at least.

Pods will go for the clumsy elbow, but maybe not enough points to get a week. Waite will be fine. He was airborne looking to mark. You can't stop yourself in mid air.

And from today, Bateman will get another couple of weeks for the very crude knee in the back. Really shitty effort first game back after a suspension.

Sandilands was nothing like Buddy's incidents. At all. Period.

The problem is Buddy is getting suspended for minor incidents where there was minimal contact and no one was ever in any danger of getting seriously injured. That's just not what the rule on bumping was brought in to do.

The laws were not written for a 7 foot player. No idea how it will pan out.
Enright went to smother but changed his mind to bump. The bump was then late so he looks in trouble.

Officially cleared

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95874/default.aspx

"Contact involving Fremantle’s Aaron Sandilands and the Adelaide Crows’ Phil Davis from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The panel said Sandilands was running towards the ball in a legitimate attempt to mark the football. Contact was made while both players were seeking to take possession of the ball. No further action was required"

Sandilands - Davis was a contested mark.

Franklin - Mattner was a contested ball on the ground.

Sandliands had his eyes on the ball in the air and doesn't realise Davis is there until the very last moment and has no other option than to quickly protect himself. In Franklin's bump Buddy knows a lot earlier than Sandilands that there is going to be contact. That's the big difference.

As it goes I don't agree with the Franklin suspension.

I agree that neither Buddy (Ben Cousins incident) or Sandilands should have been rubbed out.
However, Buddy was rubbed out and the precident has been set. Sandilands shoulder got Davis high and knocked him out and as in Buddy's case his only error was bieng much taller than his opponent.

I agree that neither Buddy (Ben Cousins incident) or Sandilands should have been rubbed out.
However, Buddy was rubbed out and the precident has been set. Sandilands shoulder got Davis high and knocked him out and as in Buddy's case his only error was bieng much taller than his opponent.

As has been posted multiple times, Buddy & Sandis incidebts were totally different, One was a marking contest with no option to tackle, Buddy had the option to tackle, but went the bomp instead, get over it.

wow what a surprise!

Or, at least, it would have been if I didn't understand the rules & was carting a chip on the shoulder about my own players...

As I said the whole thread, Sandi was never going to go, because he had no option to tackle, & it was in a marking contest.

Not too hard to grasp...

But you don't understand - it was EXACTLY like Buddy's because they're both tall.

Precedent is not used in the AFL/MRP assessment of incidents. It can't be used as a defence either.

In any case, as has already been explained, the two incidents you refer to are nothing alike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As has been posted multiple times, Buddy & Sandis incidebts were totally different, One was a marking contest with no option to tackle, Buddy had the option to tackle, but went the bomp instead, get over it.

The Franklin/Cousins incident wasn't too dissimilar. The ball was in dispute; if anything, Franklin had a marginally greater fraction of a second to decide whether to he was going to collide front-on or with his shoulder. He caught Cousins high purely due to the height difference, not because of anything he did wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandilands bump on davis, 1-2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back