News Sandilands ruled out of Roos' clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha our midfield is good enough. That's a good one micfreo. Sandilands makes our midfield better than it is, the best ruckman in the game does that to a team. Our midfield without Barlow is clearly in the bottom 8 midfields in the league. So clear that if you can't see it questions must be asked.

Regardless though, North Melbourne are a rabble, no reason why we couldn't beat them playing Fyfe in the ruck. I just wish they would fold back to the VFL already, it's a slur on the AFL that this poor team is still struggling away in it.

Your drivel does entertain Memories, it's like you're trying to have an each way bet but lack enough conviction to follow it through :D.

If Sandi is only out for this week, we can definately still make the 4. Beat Kangas (are they really that good?), get him back next week. Our only difficult game is the Hawks at Tassie.
agree. Also Memories is a troll to state the obvious.

BAD FACTOR is how bad the changes are for us this week
GOOD FACTOR is how good they are.

these factors are created using mathematics

Sandi, Ballaz, Taz Out

BAD FACTOR 10000

Kepler in

GOOD FACTOR 200 000

NET ++190,000

dockers by 50.

agree. Also Memories is a troll to state the obvious.

Having a look at his avatar from another perspective reveals the cause of his problem.

250px-HOMR.jpg

Anyone missing a purple crayon?

I think some are underrating North a bit. They stayed within 20 of The Dogs for 3/4 last week. We were obliterated 15 minutes in. We have our weakest side of the year in.
Anyone taking any form out of last week is kidding themselves, The Eagles are a rabble.
I reckon we'll get pumped.

Yeah, I think the Roos at Etihad will be a very tough ask. They have been decimated with injury, so it is harsh to say they are a rabble. We have been struck down, but likewise they have been missing Petrie, Wells, Anthony, Ziebell, etc. They get a few good players back, and actually have decent ruckmen that could exploit Sandilands not being out there. I think it will be much like the Richmond game ... a 60/40 game we should win, but wouldn't be surprised to lose by 15-20 points.

Kep will tell Lightning if he wants it to strike twice in the same place.

Ahahhahahaha :D

PS: With Sandi out, I think the Kangas will try and expose us for height, like they did at Subi earlier in the year. If that happens, you'd expect us to belt them around the ground.

I've got a funny feeling that Pre Season game might have been a preview of Saturday :D

If i remember correctly... we were thumped by the saints in the pre-season which resulted in one of the funniest dummy spits by an individual on the freo board that i can remember, We scored 1.9 against Adelaide in 2009 and were thumped by North in the pre-season by over 100 again in 2009.

Good point, I didn't realize it was this bad minus Sandilands. Seeing as the midfield is essentially the same it doesn't bode well, though if Mora, Hill and Palmer can step up you never know.

And North are a rabble, bordering on being shipped off to Tasmania, I'm sure their players are disillusioned from it all going down this week.

What was the result of the last 3 games, including pre-season, where sandi didnt play?......

If i remember correctly... we were thumped by the saints in the pre-season which resulted in one of the funniest dummy spits by an individual on the freo board that i can remember, We scored 1.9 against Adelaide in 2009 and were thumped by North in the pre-season by over 100 again in 2009.

Doh! That's food for thought isn't it. :eek:

For the record, I reckon he's genuinely injured, but its probably one of those "if it was a finals game we'd risk him" type thing.

As for 4th spot, that was always a long shot and this wont make that much difference.

Finally, I don't think it's the ruck contest as such where we'll hurt, but his ability to be that 'outlet kick' often used from the back-line in various situations. When Keps and Johno play in the ruck, its where we see the most loss.

On the other side of the coin, Sandi had his worst game of the season by a long way last time we were at brake-your-ankles arena and if he was going to play like that again then we're not actually loosing that much this time 'round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're going to rest Ballantyne for 4 - 6 weeks to freshen him up?

Hope not. Just traded him out of my DreamTeam. Would much rather have preferred to keep an extra trade for a big game D:

PS, Moo is a prick. Busted out 200 over average last week and cost me a top 4 spot.

We're in a pretty good position. Our remaining games are against the 4 teams below us on the ladder. Every game we win puts us further out of someones reach.

Fourth place is out of our control somewhat as we need the Dogs or St Kilda to lose at least one more game than us. We could win all four games and still not get there.

Securing fifth place can be done with just two more wins though. The club might be thinking the Sydney and Carlton games are the ones to go for since they are played at Subiaco. Therefore resting key players for the away games - which will reduce the travel burden and increase recovery time - is a smart way to go.

In saying that, just the 1 win against the Hawks could also secure 5th place even if they won their other 3 games...
We are in a good position,finish 6th and home final.Are freo dictating who gets into the final 8 by not playing the comps best ruck & small forward.:eek:

This is 1 of the 4 games we would have thought we would win, the other against Sydney at home. Hawks will be tough, and Carlton will be tough with the long travel and short break.

Conspiracy theories make me laugh. Like the old "we intended to lose that game so we can win the flag theory".
So, while Sandi may be rested to an extent there is no doubt he has dropped off in recent weeks (last week was good but any ruckman will look good against the Eagles). So he is definately carrying an injury. He needs time off - simple. We can win without Sandi. Sandi now looks good coz he has a better midfield around him. His tapping has improved considerably, but a good midfield makes clearances, not necessarily a good ruckman.

They would not rest Balla either. If they wanted to rest anybody it would be Pavlich.

Make no mistake we want to win this game, I am not sure how we will go as many of the youngsters are not travelling well interstate anymore. Important game for both clubs.

One thing that hasn't been mention is how much work Sandi does around the clearances. Just his size and the space he takes up when the ball goes to ground after it's on the deck. We've been utterly pumped around stoppages when he's not there.

looking at Sandis supercoach scores over the last few weeks i reckon he has been carrying this injury for a while, Im thinking he will be out for a couple of weeks at least as there is no point risking him before the finals.

And North are a rabble, bordering on being shipped off to Tasmania, I'm sure their players are disillusioned from it all going down this week.
Here we go ,a modicum of success and WCE type arrogance comes out.
Admit it you have NFI about North and are parroting what you read on B13

Smart move though not risking your No1 player at Etihad beach

Smart move though not risking your No1 player at Etihad beach

Disclaimer: The throttler you are responding to does not represent the majority of Level headed Freo fans on this board.

Will be tough now 211 is out

No I'm pretty much the same all the time, unlike most I'm consistent in my personality.

I don't read B13, but maybe I should for a laugh. I know enough of the macro details about North, that you can't sustain yourself, that Melbourne has too many clubs in it, and that it won't be a truly national competition until the weaker Melbourne teams like North go back to the VFL where they belong. How about instead of taxing us Freo members to keep your crap team alive you fold back to the VFL where you can be competitive?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Sandilands ruled out of Roos' clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back