SaveOurJumper.com.au (#1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SaveOurJumper.com.au

Many thanks to the creator of the site.

A suggestion: perhaps an "email a friend" function at the registration confirmation stage would encourage the viral aspect...?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26260068-10389,00.html

Just saw this on the courier mail, good effort to whoever set it up.:thumbsu:

What worries me about the Courier Mail is where this article says "Last week, couriermail.com.au revealed the Lions were changing their logo and this prompted some concern from members that the jersey also would be changed."

Whereas last weeks article said "THE Brisbane Lions have finally announced changes to their jersey design and logo after they were leaked to the public."

There has been no public announcement by the Lions as to a guernsey change - merely rumour from that first CM article. So buy throwing in a one liner, have the CM created a kerfuffle?

What worries me about the Courier Mail is where this article says "Last week, couriermail.com.au revealed the Lions were changing their logo and this prompted some concern from members that the jersey also would be changed."

Whereas last weeks article said "THE Brisbane Lions have finally announced changes to their jersey design and logo after they were leaked to the public."

There has been no public announcement by the Lions as to a guernsey change - merely rumour from that first CM article. So buy throwing in a one liner, have the CM created a kerfuffle?

Don't be too concerned. There are other (albeit mysterious) sources.

If so, it would be an interesting way for them to harness democratised media to their own advantage to feed back into their own media loop. In this case, I'd suspect a few "plants" on BF then as well.

This is more than mere conjecture or even Hammo journalistic licence. I am satisfied that this is legitimate.

Ah ok. So rather than trying to cause scuttlebutt, it's purely bad journalism from the CM by saying that the Lions 'have finally announced changes to their jersey design', when such an announcement has actually been publicly made by the Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever has done the site - Nigelicious? - you'll need to change the length of the field where people input their email address. My mother - a teacher - has a long email address with all this .edu.gov.au crap at the end, and it told her that her email address was too long, perhaps make the field much longer to counter this?

Whoever has done the site - Nigelicious? - you'll need to change the length of the field where people input their email address. My mother - a teacher - has a long email address with all this .edu.gov.au crap at the end, and it told her that her email address was too long, perhaps make the field much longer to counter this?

I have no idea what you are talking about :p

*scurries along to change*

I signed it last night and just emailed my dad the link too. :thumbsu:

Top effort everyone....keep up the good work!:thumbsu:

Now maybe Bowers and Co will realise after all the debacles (first Fev, then Bradshaw, now this) they have put us through, NOT to treat the supporters as "irrelevant"..

This was the last straw...change the jumper indeed!!!..NO! NO! NO! NO! Mr Bowers:thumbsdown:...Hope you are reading this MB!:mad:

Is anyone else getting a "New Coke" vibe about this whole deal?

New Coke was product tested and it seemed to get largely positive responses in focus groups, so they put it out there as a replacement to the Classic Coke. All of a sudden, everyone is up in arms about the Classic Coke being replaced, Coke pulls New Coke from the shelves and Classic Coke is more popular than ever.

I don't think the New Coke debacle was deliberately invoked, I don't think the new jumper debacle is deliberately invoking that idea, but wouldn't it be nice if that happened? Being forced to recant the changes and somehow strengthening the brand in the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back