Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is anyone else concerned that everyone has pretty much the same team? I'm starting to get cold feet, Does it pay to be different?

Is anyone else concerned that everyone has pretty much the same team? I'm starting to get cold feet, Does it pay to be different?
Out of 200000 odd teams, the small minority on BF won't be as common as you think. Its what you do from round 1 that will make or break you. Stick to your plan and follow your gut that's the way to go.;):thumbsu:

I'm still so unsettled on my team, and particularly concerned around defence.

I've just changed again by taking Smith and Hiberd out.

Now looks like:
Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, KK, Ibbotson, Goodes (Brown, Saad)

That is assuming Goodes will be promoted.

Yes you do get the feeling of a consensus view within BF, we still disagree on quite a few things. But BF doesn't represent the entire SC community, I'd imagine each forum would have a different consensus team.

Plus the whole "unique" picks can be overstated sometimes, you don't want to overload your teams with too many of these picks (unless you're very confident in them but even then). It's a lot of risk.

Yes you do get the feeling of a consensus view within BF, we still disagree on quite a few things. But BF doesn't represent the entire SC community, I'd imagine each forum would have a different consensus team.

Plus the whole "unique" picks can be overstated sometimes, you don't want to overload your teams with too many of these picks (unless you're very confident in them but even then). It's a lot of risk.
good call

Big chance of Saad, Krak, Vandenberg & lambert to get elevated.

I like the idea of using the emg loophole for Lambert if selected next week.

Anyone else using this strategy to kick off the season

upload_2015-3-22_20-4-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-22_19-47-36.png
    upload_2015-3-22_19-47-36.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I'm still so unsettled on my team, and particularly concerned around defence.

I've just changed again by taking Smith and Hiberd out.

Now looks like:
Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, KK, Ibbotson, Goodes (Brown, Saad)

That is assuming Goodes will be promoted.

I'd be concerned with keeping Simpson and Shaw over Smith and Hibberd

Simpson, although durable looks more fringe at Carlton this year than star player which means his score will dip.
Shaw has never played more than 18 games, even if he averages 90-95 and he misses 4 games his overal 22 game average will dip below 90 and with the shortages with defence it'd be tough to see a winning team not starting with a few guys in the top 6 at the end of the season.

Has there been a change of rules regarding rucks...because I barely see any teams with backup rucks.
Most have gone with Cox who won't get a game, and no dual positional ruckman in the forward lines...what gives?

Has there been a change of rules regarding rucks...because I barely see any teams with backup rucks.
Most have gone with Cox who won't get a game, and no dual positional ruckman in the forward lines...what gives?

People are going with two set and forgets (eg Goldstein and Maric) and not going for the money makers (Leuenberger and Belchambers) if you were to go with the discounted guys you'd probably need to fork out a little bit more for a bench option but if going for a set and forget option saving money is important, so simply, Cox is just a loophole player

Yeah, I don't get it. Donuts round two, three or four if there is no backup. Mind you, that would be covered by a really good mid upgrade, so people won't lose too much.
I'm toying with the idea of having three set and forget rucks and a baby midfield.
upload_2015-3-22_20-33-17.png
Example. The odds of getting a donut in the rucks is pretty low. Tempting isn't it! LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I don't get it. Donuts round two, three or four if there is no backup. Mind you, that would be covered by a really good mid upgrade, so people won't lose too much.
I'm toying with the idea of having three set and forget rucks and a baby midfield.
View attachment 117738
Example. The odds of getting a donut in the rucks is pretty low. Tempting isn't it! LOL

Why do you have 3 rucks over 500k when one won't score each week?

View attachment 117738
Do you write for Paige in your spare time too?

:p

Why do you have 3 rucks over 500k when one won't score each week?
I am not a gambler, I like things to be as safe as possible, everything I do. Comes from work I guess.
Also, trying something different.
Do you write for Paige in your spare time too?

:p
Sending in my resume as I type! :cool:
Thanks for the job tip!

People are going with two set and forgets (eg Goldstein and Maric) and not going for the money makers (Leuenberger and Belchambers) if you were to go with the discounted guys you'd probably need to fork out a little bit more for a bench option but if going for a set and forget option saving money is important, so simply, Cox is just a loophole player

That doesn't explain why people are risking 0's though.......the set and forgets also miss matches from time to time.

That doesn't explain why people are risking 0's though.......the set and forgets also miss matches from time to time.

No rookie ruck will play. (Early anyway)

No point having 300k+ for one player on the bench at the start just a waste of $$$

Means the only viable option is having Cox or similar R3 and bellchambers/ryder/lycett in the forwards for cover. 2/3 wont be in your team by the end of the year and 1 could face bans or lose a heap of value depending on his role.

All in all = 2 set and forget rucks is the popular option.

I'd be concerned with keeping Simpson and Shaw over Smith and Hibberd

Simpson, although durable looks more fringe at Carlton this year than star player which means his score will dip.
Shaw has never played more than 18 games, even if he averages 90-95 and he misses 4 games his overal 22 game average will dip below 90 and with the shortages with defence it'd be tough to see a winning team not starting with a few guys in the top 6 at the end of the season.
I don't know why you think Simpson looks like a fringe player at a mediocre team with not much class in the backs... He is their go to defender and probably one of the most consistent defenders across the last few years...

Shaw you may be right, but hes looked great this pre-season, much better than Smith for me.

Hiberd I haven't seen this preseason so I just am unsure about him, do like him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back