Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercoach is back!! What a time to be alive.

If people don't mind having a look :)
Biggest concerns:
I want to try and get goodes into my backline
Not sure about Gabllet at this stage.

Thoughts?

upload_2015-4-1_13-18-46.png

I have some cash so let me no of any upgrades/downgrades you would recommend. I'm getting close to a happy team obviously waiting for the team announcements.

upload_2015-4-1_13-21-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-1_13-21-15.png
    upload_2015-4-1_13-21-15.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 8

Really depends what you're after. If you want to be aggressive and take the risk than back your judgement. A couple of things. I like Boak, he could explode but at the same time and for $50k or so cheaper??? Ollie Wines could do the same. Jack Steven may be susceptible to a tag so you could move him up to a Sam Mitchell/Swallow type. Each bring their own risks again though. I like Bennell, but once again he's always hovered around that 90 mark so will he take the next step this season.

Goodes if named in defence could be used to free up some cash from KK as if both are fit and play 22 I would back Goodes to score as well or better than KK.

Like I said - there's nothing wrong with your team, just needs to balance the risk IMO but I usually play the game pretty safe with my starting team. That's why I'll never win it.

Here is my attempt. 44k in the bank....

image.jpg

I was away for a couple of weeks pre season so any advice on injuries etc would be appreciated
Thanks

Thanks for the reply - those were my exact thoughts when selecting the team, I've definitely rolled the dice on a few players.

I'm confident in Bennell, but no so much in Steven, KK, Swan and Bellchambers.

What moves would you suggest?

KK is one I don't get. The usual rule is stay away from 2nd year players. You get the occassional stand out such as Wines but I don't see KK in that catergory though many others seem to! I have Swan and Bellchambers. Swan is a no brainer for mine and TBC allaows for ruck cover which I have been adamant about since day one.

KK is one I don't get. The usual rule is stay away from 2nd year players. You get the occassional stand out such as Wines but I don't see KK in that catergory though many others seem to! I have Swan and Bellchambers. Swan is a no brainer for mine and TBC allaows for ruck cover which I have been adamant about since day one.

I was impressed with him last season (KK that is), and can see him doing well in an improving GC side playing off the HB.

In my opinion he should average 20-ish possessions per game and average between the 70-80 mark.

If I downgrade him though my backline will be looking poor, so I'd have to downgrade elsewhere to upgrade him. The problem is there isn't an obvious choice for a backline upgrade... Who would you suggest?

Really depends what you're after. If you want to be aggressive and take the risk than back your judgement. A couple of things. I like Boak, he could explode but at the same time and for $50k or so cheaper??? Ollie Wines could do the same. Jack Steven may be susceptible to a tag so you could move him up to a Sam Mitchell/Swallow type. Each bring their own risks again though. I like Bennell, but once again he's always hovered around that 90 mark so will he take the next step this season.

Goodes if named in defence could be used to free up some cash from KK as if both are fit and play 22 I would back Goodes to score as well or better than KK.

Like I said - there's nothing wrong with your team, just needs to balance the risk IMO but I usually play the game pretty safe with my starting team. That's why I'll never win it.

I am assuming this was for me?

I'm usually playing it safe too, which worked for me back in the day - but last season not so much. I guess that's where you have to back your judgement or 'gut' feeling... God damn I hate second, third and hundredth-guessing my decisions with this.

Biggest concerns:

Thoughts?

View attachment 120485

Taking in 4 tall defenders in Brown, Thompson, Fisher and McIntosh could be a worry and should provide a pathway of getting Goodes in. Make Brown your 6th back, trade or use McIntosh as a reserve and downgrade on Fisher or Thompson I reckon. Better still you could trade both and go after a premium and value pick defender with the 800k in reserve.

You've got a potentially strong point scoring midfield especially in the first 5. Only concern I'd have is you have 3 Crows there. Might just be me but I like to stick to maximum 2 players from a team in each zone which would normally involve a cash cow and a premium so I'd trade out one of Sloane or Danger and use the cash in areas that need it like the defence and FWD line

I'm a massive fan of at least 1 locked in set and forget ruckman and if you can nab 2 even better but I think you can downgrade on Goldstein and save cash. Look at another reserve ruckman to. Tom Read I can imagine would be way down the pecking list at Geelong.

FWD line I like the pick of Steele. Didn't see enough of his pre season but as a bench option is pretty unique. In the FWD line you're probably short one big scoring player as well

I was impressed with him last season (KK that is), and can see him doing well in an improving GC side playing off the HB.

In my opinion he should average 20-ish possessions per game and average between the 70-80 mark.

If I downgrade him though my backline will be looking poor, so I'd have to downgrade elsewhere to upgrade him. The problem is there isn't an obvious choice for a backline upgrade... Who would you suggest?

I am on Sutcliffe myself as a POD but only after I took the huge risk of having Westhoff post the Ryder decision. So probably ignore me!

I have some cash so let me no of any upgrades/downgrades you would recommend. I'm getting close to a happy team obviously waiting for the team announcements.

View attachment 120488

Use your coin to upgrade one of your keepers in each line to a 'better' keeper.

Higgins/BigO > JKelly
SMitchell/Rich > Jobe
Dalhaus > Gray

IMO & my 2c

+ keen to join one of our BF Saints SC leagues? - couple of spots left

Teams changed around a bit let me know your thoughts.
Is 4/0/7 to risky in the midfield?
Only 9k in the bank also.

Attachments

• SCTeam2.PNG
    SCTeam2.PNG
    80.5 KB · Views: 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 120530 View attachment 120531

Thoughts? Not sure whether to keep Griffen

My thoughts exactly on Griffen. Reportedly tore up the NAB cup but is also expected games throughout the season from management which I don't think I could handle personally. Just go with your gut

Like the POD of Jobe and you're the only person I've seen with Sinclair in the mids

Biggest concerns:

Thoughts?

View attachment 120485
Too much Adelaide in the mids.. Go Prestia, Beams etc or someone else instead of Sloane or Danger IMO?

If not, go Sheed over NVB, I reckon will have a big year.

My thoughts exactly on Griffen. Reportedly tore up the NAB cup but is also expected games throughout the season from management which I don't think I could handle personally. Just go with your gut

Like the POD of Jobe and you're the only person I've seen with Sinclair in the mids
I'm pretty certain that Sinclair will play on Sunday - think he has the potential to play most of the season

First team this year. Finished top ~10k last year and top ~1k a year before.
Just state any glaring concerns. But most is your standard picked players.
Also would you guys consider Van Berlo for any of the rookie mids? and thoughts N.Brown to a 400k player?
$344k in the bank

9vl2ww.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back