Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
56NPVUr.png

Another go at it.

90k left to play with.

View attachment 106084 Take one

Rookies will of course change during the preseason. Thoughts
Get rid of Luke Hodge, he is still a great player for Hawthorn but is on the decline for SuperCoach. Brendan Whitecross starting in the VFL is the word at the moment so turn him into a rookie. I would look at swapping Heppel for a different player in my opinion too. Clarke is a risky option with his fitness. Apart from that looks good at this stage.

Pass the joint FFS
J Witts...

I was more referring to the real team containing those players :p

That Supercoach side wouldn't crack 800 pts most weeks ...

Pierce Hanley will miss 3 months with injury. #1 tag might go to Rocky or Beams now?

View attachment 106054

Few lessons I learnt last year...

-No point trying to go for POD players before the bounce of round 1... Better picking PODs in form then PODs with no form. Less chance of getting burnt and wasting trades

-Taking the winners advice from last year and starting premiums that should finish in the top 10 in their position by seasons end.

-Mid pricers (250k-400k) = burnman (tread carefully)

- to many high end prems in the back is a waste... They all always nearly go down in price then shoot back up later.

-don't pick players that miss chunks of preseason no matter the prices

-No power forwards to start off with, always go through cold patches (yes even buddy), meaning there will be a time they will drop considerably then shoot back up. Just need to be patient and strike at the right time.

Pick midfielders in every position and rucks that get points that can use the footy effectively and aren't afraid of a tackle or 3

-with a new points format for ruckmen don't pick high end premiums to begin with, wait til mid year.. Play the bye strategy

- ruck/forwards might save you in trades but will cost you in points. Gone are the days of cox and nicnat being DPPs. Poor scoring ruckmen in the 2nd half of the year proved costly points and trade wise.

-don't be afraid of being patient and use 1 trade one week to downgrade then 2 the next to upgrade.. Works out better in the end, rather then downgrade and upgrade using the quick fix two trade strategy in the same week.

-pick maybe 3 max players that are coming back from soft tissue injuries and foot injuries from the previous year... They will always be rested.

-ignore nab cup form and 'Hyped players'

- there will always be injuries, make your own luck. Study and trust your gut. Throw the computer away the night of opening bounce.

-for a crack at the top 100 make your money of rookie mids. buy SuperCoach gold, afl prospectus & listen to the jock Reynolds podcasts.

Sage advice. :):thumbsu:

Pierce Hanley will miss 3 months with injury. #1 tag might go to Rocky or Beams now?

From what I've seen a tag doesn't phase Rockliff much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 106054

Few lessons I learnt last year...

-No point trying to go for POD players before the bounce of round 1... Better picking PODs in form then PODs with no form. Less chance of getting burnt and wasting trades

-Taking the winners advice from last year and starting premiums that should finish in the top 5 in their position by seasons end.

-Mid pricers (250k-400k) = burnman (tread carefully)

- to many high end prems in the back is a waste... They all always nearly go down in price then shoot back up later.

-don't pick players that miss chunks of preseason no matter the prices

-No power forwards to start off with, always go through cold patches (yes even buddy), meaning there will be a time they will drop considerably then shoot back up. Just need to be patient and strike at the right time.

Pick midfielders in every position and rucks that get points by contested possessions and using the footy effectively.

-with a new points format for ruckmen don't pick high end premiums to begin with, wait til mid year.. Play the bye strategy

- ruck/forwards DPPs might save you in trades but will cost you in points. Gone are the days of cox and nicnat being DPPs. Poor scoring ruckmen in the 2nd half of the year proved costly, points and trade wise.

-don't be afraid of being patient and use 1 trade one week to downgrade then 2 the next to upgrade.. Works out better in the end, rather then downgrade and upgrade using the quick fix two trade strategy in the same week.

-pick maybe 3 max players that are coming back from soft tissue injuries and foot injuries from the previous year... They will always be rested.

-ignore nab cup form of any mid pricers and 'Hyped players' only concentrate on rookies and the 1 or 2 fallen (injured) prems.

- there will always be injuries, make your own luck. Study and trust your gut. Throw the computer away the night of opening bounce.

-for a crack at the top 100 make your money off rookie mids. buy SuperCoach gold, afl prospectus & listen to the jock Reynolds podcasts while reading his new magazine.

Mitchell is in the mid price range? Great advice and team otherwise.

this is my team for now. bearing in mind that i have no idea who any of the rookies are (apart from Heeney and Petracca), i just picked them cause i skimmed through this thread and they were in other peoples teams

also, i cant not pick a name like Viojo-Rainbow. he and Ablett are my only 2 certainties so far.
still got $340k in the kitty

firstgo.JPG

this is my team for now. bearing in mind that i have no idea who any of the rookies are (apart from Heeney and Petracca), i just picked them cause i skimmed through this thread and they were in other peoples teams

also, i cant not pick a name like Viojo-Rainbow. he and Ablett are my only 2 certainties so far.

View attachment 106107

Alex Johnson is injured again.

View attachment 106107
Love the game he plays, but Langers is a waste of SC mid spot.

View attachment 106107

Gorringe is like 4th choice ruck at GC these days.

Love the game he plays, but Langers is a waste of SC mid spot.
tackling machine, clearance getter and can kick the odd goal (a little like Libba but with ball skills) will average 110. cant go past him at that price

Gorringe is like 4th choice ruck at GC these days.
yeah you're right. i got him confused with Dixon who isnt a ruck this year :(
the rucks screwed me over last season so im taking the Grant Thomas approach this time round....anyways its still a work in progress

thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back