Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to touch Ryder until I get a glimpse of the role he will be playing. I dont think he will be has handy in SC if he isn't playing a fair share in the ruck.
Would of been good if the Hoff did some rucking if he had dpp he would be a goood one.Even still he might a good pick playing hes roaming style and marks in the backline.

This will probably change a lot between now and round 1 but would like to hear some thoughts.

$27,700 left

View attachment 106479

Too many mid pricers in this team, your going to screw yourself.

WhiteX will start via the VFL, better as a downgrade target.

Shiel, Bonts and Rich all in your forward line is asking for trouble. Shiel is competing against Greene, treloar, Ward and Griffen in GWS midfield, he isn;t going to reach an average that warrants his current price tag.

Bonts is a second year player, always a lot of risk involved regardless of how well they played in thier first year, plenty of examples of that. Rich is worth considering, but coming back from an ACL and never really getting to premo status before doesn't bode well for him.

Josh Kelly and Jack Martin are the same as Bonts, plenty of potential but second year players are always risky. Choose one and dump the rest.

I see what your doing by trying to free up cash to take high priced rookies, but your leaving yourself far too many holes. PLenty of rookie priced players that can sit on your bench and make or money, and even get a fair run on the field, you dont have to have all high priced rookies

Take 2...
KovTKeP.png

Take 2...
KovTKeP.png
The structure is fine, I'm not sure on some of the picks but it's personal preference.

I don't buy into the Newnes hype but it could pay off, Henderson is the biggest problem I see, he's at such a nothing price and I can't see him appreciating.

Not sure on Dangerfield, with the changes to the scoring system he won't get as many points as he did last year.

I don't like having Ryder just for the sake of Ruck/Forward, personally I'd be downgrading Ryder to a rookie and going Henderson>Hibberd/Simpson.

All the best :thumbsu:

Maybe the reduction in the inflated scoring for "clutch moments' towards the end of games? Although its pot luck really to be involved. Bartel seems to benefit from it regularly. Dunno whether its something you could really take into account though

Won't that only affect his ruckman (and the opposition ruckman)?

The prospectus says "The points allocated to the player that wins the gather from a hitout have dropped slightly, as more credit will be given to the hitout."

so on re-reading it, its not the sharked hit outs that drop, its the hitouts from his own ruckman

Take 2...
KovTKeP.png
Fail. Not enough Port players. :p

Can you explain the Henderson pick? And it will take a ballsy coach to select Higgins...

I've said before I'm not a fan of Gray at that price, I just think he's a bit too expensive. Great upgrade target later in the season.

There are reports that Griffen might have hurt his back, watch that.

Also, I know rookies are placeholders, but get Fuller out of there. Now. Quicker than now. Get him out of there 3 days ago.

But I bet that average that
Maybe the reduction in the inflated scoring for "clutch moments' towards the end of games? Although its pot luck really to be involved. Bartel seems to benefit from it regularly. Dunno whether its something you could really take into account though

Boys at jock Reynolds seem to think robbie Gray will be hit hard with this one.

SC.PNG

250K in the bank. I want to take a few risks (Langford and Bellchambers) but I know my backline is weak. Thought I'd go with players who have been given a second chance, hopefully prove themselved in rd1 and cement a spot in the side. Would also like to upgrade my F4 aswell, not sure if I should keep Vardy or Garlett at the moment (Maybe Vardy to M. Clarke and Garlett to someone better?).

But I bet that average that

Boys at jock Reynolds seem to think robbie Gray will be hit hard with this one.
Weren't some of Chad's bigger scores inflated because of this? Perhaps not last year, but the year before I recall he kicked late goals a few times to get them over the line.

I don't think its something I'll be losing too much sleep over when picking players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 106585

250K in the bank. I want to take a few risks (Langford and Bellchambers) but I know my backline is weak. Thought I'd go with players who have been given a second chance, hopefully prove themselved in rd1 and cement a spot in the side. Would also like to upgrade my F4 aswell, not sure if I should keep Vardy or Garlett at the moment (Maybe Vardy to M. Clarke and Garlett to someone better?).
That backline is quite... horrible. You need to get rid of at least Taylor Hunt (tagger type player if he even gets a game) and Jacksch (really?), and I also don't like Lumumba.

Vardy and Langford both scare me. Vardy because he's so injury prone and doesn't have a tendency to score overly well. Langford has the potential to be a gem of a pick, but also be one of those players who falls on his face after a breakout year.

I also just don't rate Garlett whatsoever :p But I like the Christensen pick a lot

Take 2.. Thoughts? Don't know about rich yet, want to see NAB cup form and his confidence before he stays

Also this may sound a little dumb but what is my aim to do throughout the year with premiums and rookies? Get rookie prices up and then upgrade them for premiums later on?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 8.43.56 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 8.43.56 pm.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 106585

I don't know even where to start with this team.

Ok... Here we go. Unless they have a phenomenal preseason and suddenly become different players;

Lumumba, hunt, Jaksch, Brown, Langford, NVB, Christensen, Garlett, vardy, Salem. No, no, no.

They're either very awkwardly priced, overpriced, or KPP players and therefore inherently horrible SC players.

Just a bit of advice to everyone in here:

These are all just opinions being posted. They could all be ridiculous and stupid and the people who say them deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. Don't just follow the groupthink, be your own coach! That is super! :footy:

That backline is quite... horrible. You need to get rid of at least Taylor Hunt (tagger type player if he even gets a game) and Jacksch (really?), and I also don't like Lumumba.

Vardy and Langford both scare me. Vardy because he's so injury prone and doesn't have a tendency to score overly well. Langford has the potential to be a gem of a pick, but also be one of those players who falls on his face after a breakout year.

I also just don't rate Garlett whatsoever :p But I like the Christensen pick a lot
I think at this stage Lumumba will be staying, I believe he should average 85-95 and will be solid in the backline. Agree with Hunt and Jaksch, one/both need to go will probably look to Waters if he has a solid NAB cup.

Langford will probably stay, love his game and will be a future star, hopefully his star will rise to a set and forget! Haha

And again agree with Garlett / Vardy will flick around with those to, see what I can come up with

I don't know even where to start with this team.

Ok... Here we go. Unless they have a phenomenal preseason and suddenly become different players;

Lumumba, hunt, Jaksch, Brown, Langford, NVB, Christensen, Garlett, vardy, Salem. No, no, no.

They're either very awkwardly priced, overpriced, or KPP players and therefore inherently horrible SC players.
As I said. I'm happy to take a few risks, don't want to be playing teams week in week out that come down to 3-5 players of difference because my team is the same as everyone else.

Some if those players are going to be shuffled especially before Rd 1 and seeing whose actually going to play.

Thanks for the input though, hope you have a good season!

I think at this stage Lumumba will be staying, I believe he should average 85-95 and will be solid in the backline.

He has only ever averaged over 80 once in 8 seasons. And thats been in a pretty decent side. Can't see where the improvement is going to come from myself.

He has only ever averaged over 80 once in 8 seasons. And thats been in a pretty decent side. Can't see where the improvement is going to come from myself.
Fair point. He hit 88 2 years ago now and that was a pretty poor year for the Pies. Clanger a will kill him, but I reckon he can average that agin this year. Melbourne is a much different side to that of Collingwood and I reckon he will spend a fair bit of time in the midfield.

I think at this stage Lumumba will be staying, I believe he should average 85-95 and will be solid in the backline. Agree with Hunt and Jaksch, one/both need to go will probably look to Waters if he has a solid NAB cup.

Langford will probably stay, love his game and will be a future star, hopefully his star will rise to a set and forget! Haha

And again agree with Garlett / Vardy will flick around with those to, see what I can come up with

I like Langdon too.

It could be a really good pick.

Fair point. He hit 88 2 years ago now and that was a pretty poor year for the Pies. Clanger a will kill him, but I reckon he can average that agin this year. Melbourne is a much different side to that of Collingwood and I reckon he will spend a fair bit of time in the midfield.

It's only my opinion and if you think he can do that, then go for it. All I'll say is that you can play him in the midfield, but that won't make him a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back