Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought it seems sometimes playing as captain gives those players a bit more confidence or whatever you want to call it - basically, they own the captaincy and improve their games (I'm not saying captaincy directly translates into SC scores, but just hypothesising that captaincy -> bigger role/more confidence -> better player -> better SC scores).
Didn't really hold true with Cotchin.....

Way too much coin sitting on your bench. Downgrade players like sheed, cripps & Lennon to rookies then you can upgrade Polec @ Dunstan.
Van Berlo has never scored well so a bit expensive and you definitely need to upgrade Lobb to someone who'll get more games.
Overall there's way too many midprices that won't score enough points or make you enough money, so you'll be burning through trades very quickly.

Way too much coin sitting on your bench. Downgrade players like sheed, cripps & Lennon to rookies then you can upgrade Polec @ Dunstan.
Van Berlo has never scored well so a bit expensive and you definitely need to upgrade Lobb to someone who'll get more games.
Overall there's way too many midprices that won't score enough points or make you enough money, so you'll be burning through trades very quickly.
Thanks for that, that's really helpful :thumbsu: Have been flicking through others' teams and they definitely have a lot more 120k players on the bench. Also seems to be a strong trend toward a Kreuzer / Leuenberger ruck tandem, might be worth considering, too.

Thanks for that, that's really helpful :thumbsu: Have been flicking through others' teams and they definitely have a lot more 120k players on the bench. Also seems to be a strong trend toward a Kreuzer / Leuenberger ruck tandem, might be worth considering, too.

I would be careful going with both Kruze and Berger.

I am not a huge advocate for cover, because the players available to give cover dont yet appeal to me.

But running with both Kruze and Berger is a huge risk, because there is every chance they will both go down, and a side ways trade or upgrade may not be possible.

I would suggest either running with just one, or hoping Ryder looks good in the NAB cup and go with him in your FWD line as cover.

I'd suggest a complete do-over.
IMO, you are carrying too much risk on each line. For example,
* In defence all 6 of your starters have never been good SC scorers. Are all 6 going to break out this year and become top 10 scoring defenders?
* In midfield, Polec, Dunstan and Langford. All had impressive years last year but are they going to continue to improve this year to the point that they will average 105-110 or better? By the end of the year you want all 8 starting mids to average at least 105, if not 110. Are these 3 going to? If you are looking at them as cash cows, are they going to jump 150k? If not, look elsewhere.
* Up forward, Cloke, Stringer, Broomhead. Similar to what I have said above. What is the likelihood of all 3 jumping up to become premium scoring forwards this season? Will they average 100+? Or, are they going to make you enough money to warrant their selection as cash cows?

Currently, by my estimation, you only have 6 players in your side that are certain to be keepers until the end of the season. It will take you far too many trades in order to sufficiently upgrade all the other players.

My advice, limit your risk by taking fewer speculative picks such as the ones listed above. Try limiting each line to one of these (perhaps 2 is acceptable in defence). Try to get more proven scorers into each line by downgrading some of those speculative picks to rookies.

Take 3

$30,000 left over.

View attachment 109753
Very strong midfield. Great if all works out for you.
Likely you will need to downgrade one of these to sure up your defence and some of your cheaper rookie selections. Fairly speculative with some of these at the moment...aren't we all though.
For planning's sake, I have included a few higher priced rookies in my team to make the necessary changes after team selection on the eve of round 1 a little easier.

Take 3

$30,000 left over.

View attachment 109753

I'm in the minority I reckon, but I like the RMurphy pick. :thumbsu:

Has ave'd 90/game over last 4 years, has played 83 out of possible 88 games over that time.

3rd behind Simpson & Enright for total points scored over last 4 years as well.

Boring Def picks might be the go in 2015(?).

Reckon Gray is overpriced though, for me, I'll be hoping to pick him up at a reduced price during season.

Has ave'd 90/game over last 4 years, has played 83 out of possible 88 games over that time.

Reckon Gray is overpriced though, for me, I'll be hoping to pick him up at a reduced price during season.
Yeh Gray is the one I'm not too sure on, but if he scores well it'll save me trade.
The back line is shit this year, hence my very conservative approach. You know you're in trouble if you're going to be starting Nathan brown.

Very strong midfield. Great if all works out for you.
Likely you will need to downgrade one of these to sure up your defence and some of your cheaper rookie selections. Fairly speculative with some of these at the moment...aren't we all though.
For planning's sake, I have included a few higher priced rookies in my team to make the necessary changes after team selection on the eve of round 1 a little easier.
Just can't see anyone in the backline who I'd be willing to spend the cash on and sacrifice points from the middle.

One thing that should help Bob's scoring is we are going to be much, much more attacking this year. Ball will be in his hands alot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the general structure.

If you're going to have a <110K ruck it might as well be a R/F, so Cox or Read would be better than Brooksby.

$177K for Cockatoo is too much to have on the bench. It does mean you can swap rookies around once we know who's picked without having to scramble for cash though.

Cyril's a gamble most aren't willing to take. Good luck :rainbow:.

I could go either way on Wells. If he produces at better than 95+ at his price he's a decent option for M9 by the end of they year and lets you use $200K elsewhere. Midpricers in the starting mids are always a gamble tho.

thoughts? rough first crack

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.7 KB · Views: 5
thoughts? rough first crack
Super risky not starting with Ablett & Pendlebury. Backs are alright (good luck with Highins)
Hickey would be ahead of Longer if both fit and Longer doesn't really score well anyway.
Smith a very good pick I reckon, but can't see daisy or hrovat being in the top 10 by the end of the year so will they make you any money?

I've just had to rearrange my whole team since Kreuzer went down. Leuey is fools gold. And I had to get Swan in, but wanted to get TMitch in as well but couldn't do it.

I hate this game.

Luckily I have planB in place that allows me 2 premo rucks without much fuss.
I'm happy with my team, apart from one player. It's more that I want to get a couple more players into the forward line but I can't go with 6 premos in the forward line :p Lots of good forward line options this year.

kpl.gif

First crack for 2015. Hoping for a bit of feedback. Obviously rookies to change.

B: Malceski, Walker, Fisher, Ibbotson, Lever, Maynard, Hamling, H Goddard
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, C Ward, Dangerfield, L Weller, Heeney, Laverde, Freeman, Krakouer, D McKenzie
R: T Nicholls, Leuenberger, Cox
F: Deledio, B Goddard, Swan, T Walker, Wingard, M Clark, J Hogan, C Daniel

$2k left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back