Teams SC 2016 - My Team (NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barlow's average went down last year because he had less midfield time. With Bennell coming in, along with Fyfe, Mundy and Neale can't see how it will be any different to last season. Martin, Zorko, Dahlhaus all averaged 100 last season and should all improve again slightly. I think Barlow could be a good pick but personally just don't see why he is a must have.

Nah disagree. The inclusion of Bennell will be offset by the reduction in interchanges. He will be required to spend plenty of time in the midfield and the fact that he can also go and rest forward is an extra string to his bow

Hmm reason for this.. not for me.

Guys what do you think? Went for something little different. Think Viney, Duncan will take huge leaps this year.

View attachment 221477

I wouldn't be going with both Wells and Jed Anderson. They could end up both playing a similar role. Go with one only.

Alright I've updated my team again. The SPUD Lobbe (according to toxic) has been dropped.

Backs: R. Laird; K. Kolo; T. Sheridan; J. Weitering; M. Brown (WCE); C. Byrne; M. Brown (Ess); M. Adams

Mids: N. Fyfe; S. Pendlebury; G. Ablett; D. Hannebery; T. Rockliff; M. Crouch; T. Libba; C. Mills; J Gresham; J. Polkinghorne; B. Keays

Rucks: T. Goldstein; S. Martin; M. Cox

Forwards: M. Barlow; N. Riewoldt; J. De Goey; D. Wells; W. Milera; S. Kerridge; N. Kommer; C. Petracca

*** "There's no cash here. Here there's no cash, alright? Cash NO"!

Alright I've updated my team again. The SPUD Lobbe (according to toxic) has been dropped.

Backs: R. Laird; K. Kolo; T. Sheridan; J. Weitering; M. Brown (WCE); C. Byrne; M. Brown (Ess); M. Adams

Mids: N. Fyfe; S. Pendlebury; G. Ablett; D. Hannebery; T. Rockliff; M. Crouch; T. Libba; C. Mills; J Gresham; J. Polkinghorne; B. Keays

Forwards: M. Barlow; N. Riewoldt; J. De Goey; D. Wells; W. Milera; S. Kerridge; N. Kommer; C. Petracca

Love your midfield. Love your ruck division. Your forward line is ok. Personally hate your backline.

Mids a little top heavy for mine but you gotta back your gut there's no wrong or right.

Plenty of keepers plenty of cows and some nice risky mid price picks.

Overall not a bad team

Wells will burn you

Made some changes (105k leftover).

0e68ba220e3b54ffefbd7d0afec4c5f4.png

e94185dd2e269c837b15e1afa107954a.png

Rucks:
  • Goldstein and Martin - set to forget.
Defenders:
  • Shaw out for Rance. Think Shaw could be too expensive at that price.
  • B. Smith out for Birchall - this is one that I might reconsider.
  • Weitering in.
Mids:
  • Hannebery out for Mills.
  • Have been tossing up Fyfe v Dangerfield. Dangerfield a bit of a punt while Fyfe is probably a bit expensive.
Forwards:
  • Zorko in for Greene.
  • Milera in.

Last edited:

Rucks:
Defenders:
  • Weitering in.
Mids:
  • Have been tossing up Fyfe v Dangerfield. Dangerfield a bit of a punt while Fyfe is probably a bit expensive.
Forwards:
  • Zorko in for Greene.
  • Milera in.
Why Hannebery out?

Rucks:
Defenders:
  • Weitering in.
Mids:
Forwards:
  • Zorko in for Greene.
  • Milera in.

Quite solid in the mids, rucks and forwards. I would use the 105k you have left over to upgrade a yeo/rich to a premo in the defence. But other than that, good side.

Rich is someone I really really want in my team and I dont know why.

Because he's dual (though you'd use him in the backline only). He's got great disposal and kicks goals. He'd be about the 4th in line to cop a tag at Brisbane.

The team will surely look to use him because of his disposal.

He was highly rated as a junior and is yet to reach his potential, largely due to his injuries.

I think for me it's between him and Yeo as my D4. Right now I have Yeo, but it's a flip of the coin.

Because he's dual (though you'd use him in the backline only). He's got great disposal and kicks goals. He'd be about the 4th in line to cop a tag at Brisbane.

He was highly rated as a junior and is yet to reach his potential, largely due to his injuries.

I think for me it's between him and Yeo as my D4. Right now I have Yeo, but it's a flip of the coin.

I don't think Yeo is a great selection down back..
He's the resident Mr Fix it!.. no defined role and will find himself switching between Defence, Mids and Forward line.

$440K you need him to be a keeper and i don't think he'll be in the top 10 defenders.

Will be interesting to see where Rich plays, i think Hanley goes to half back, Rockliff playing a little more forward.. Rich could find himself back as a permanent midfielder.. Elite disposal and could finally be his break out year we have all been expecting.

Well.. still tinkering.. let's face it!.. Work productivity between Feb 1st and Round 1 will be very minimal!..

If Currie can get a guernsey Round 1 i will role the dice.. If it back fires Tippett is my Plan B and will move into the Rucks while bringing in a rookie forward.

upload_2016-3-4_12-49-35.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well.. still tinkering.. let's face it!.. Work productivity between Feb 1st and Round 1 will be very minimal!..

If Currie can get a guernsey Round 1 i will role the dice.. If it back fires Tippett is my Plan B and will move into the Rucks while bringing in a rookie forward.

View attachment 221771

I really like this. Risky as ****, but if it works out you're well ahead of the rest of us.

c686b6be2693364678e7673fc2a02132.jpg
0c44a2a66885d1cc5f2b7ab770b03fc2.jpg

Any thoughts on this would be great - pretty safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I do not usually post here so I decided to get some feedback on my current side. This will most likely be my side going into round one. Any advice I can get from you all will be helpful. I will also be giving some thoughts on sides I have seen here too, thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 1.36.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 1.36.34 PM.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 6
I really like this. Risky as ****, but if it works out you're well ahead of the rest of us.

c686b6be2693364678e7673fc2a02132.jpg
0c44a2a66885d1cc5f2b7ab770b03fc2.jpg

Any thoughts on this would be great - pretty safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wells' best footy is far behind him, will not be going near him.

Other than 2014 Rich has been fairly durable as far as missing games through injury from the other 6 years. Rich seems to me like one of those guys who physically peak in High School and never really kick on. I would argue that he has already reached his "potential". I don't see any further improvement from the close to 26 year old, if anything more of team-mates will go past him this year.

Last edited:

View attachment 221771

Yep I really like the look of his team mate.....similar to mine structure wise, just a few different premos and mid pricers but I'm gunna do the same and role the dice with Currie if picked rnd 1.....I reckon it's worth the risk and allows you to be able to pick up another Premo mid and let's be honest if it don't work out with Currie then Tippett is there for cover and quite capable of scoring well enough for R2.

Why Hannebery out?

Was too heavy in the mids so needed to cut one. Allowed me a lot of flexibility to upgrade through the rucks, defence and forwards as well.

There's a little bit of risk with the amount of mid ranged priced players that you have, but overall its not a bad team, with a light defence being the only concern, thus maybe upgrades with the remaining cash you have left. Maybe upgrade Williams (to a J Johansson perhaps or a Smith) and try and upgrade Motlop perhaps as well, though l personally expect him to have a good year.

Mate!..

The chances of all 3 of Williams, Sheridan and Seedsman breaking out are minimal. Chances are it could be 0 and 3. Pick 1 (Sheridan) and downgrade 1 and upgrade the other.

Don't like the Jack Martin pick.
Injury prone.. still has a small frame.. wont be a keeper and won't increase enough in value.

Midfield and Rucks spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back