SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, would like some feedback on my team. First picked, will probably make some changes before Round 1 obviously. What do you think of this as a starting point?

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 1.06.37 PM.png

Team looks good overall.. some comments:
  • Some people have been using D.Menzel - I think the rest of us are waiting to see what happens in the NAB cup.
  • Any reason why you would start Selwood over someone like Pendles given Selwoods off-season?
  • N. Riewoldt is a very interesting unique pick... but since his peak in 2013 his score has gone backwards two consecutive years as well as his durability. Any reason why you're backing him in?
Will definitely be looking at Menzel in the NAB Cup to see how he is going physically.

I am looking at Selwood due to the Dangerfield factor. I'm probably not alone in thinking that having Danger at the Cattery makes their midfield more dynamic and reduces the likely amount of time a tagger puts into Selwood as they try to quell both he and Dangerfield (not that there is much hope that will work!). When I put the team together initially, I didn't know he was having injury issues, so I will watch that one closely. If he gets up for round 1, I will keep him in, otherwise will probably go Pendlebury as you've suggested.

Just reading through some articles and info, it seems like big Nick hasn't really had any major 'dips' in output, though his age is definitely a concern. Was originally going to go with the Richmond Riewoldt, but didn't want too many Tigers players in there. Will definitely have a think about this one. There doesn't seem to be too many genuine forwards who are high scoring. Might look at Buddy? I'm just cautious about having too many mids as forwards, though I'm not sure exactly why.

Cheers!

Hi guys, would like some feedback on my team. First picked, will probably make some changes before Round 1 obviously. What do you think of this as a starting point?

View attachment 211806
Love it. Langdon is a good unique IMO and your team is well structured. Personally I wouldn't pick Adams but picking him is a risk that could pay off! Your forward line could be a tad stronger but I like the fact that you've picked Anderson & Cockatoo. It is rare for a team to be perfect on every line so picking that forwardline is a 'necessary' risk. What I also like about this team is how different it is to my own. We share just 10 players (most of which are rookies) yet I like almost every player you've picked :p

View attachment 211806

Love the Langdon pick mate. I'm actually considering him in my squad as he has not only secured his spot in our backline but he has become such a ball winner in his role and his intercept marks are just pure gold for SC.

Also love the Taylor Adams selection, just been added to the leadership group at the Pies and if you seen his improvement in his game last year he is on track to become an elite ball winning midfielder who loves the hard ball.

Rookies & SS's (Sloppy Seconds) looks pretty good for now mate. Bit scratchy on Jed Anderson though and whether or not he will slot straight in at the Roos.

Love it. Langdon is a good unique IMO and your team is well structured. Personally I wouldn't pick Adams but picking him is a risk that could pay off! Your forward line could be a tad stronger but I like the fact that you've picked Anderson & Cockatoo. It is rare for a team to be perfect on every line so picking that forwardline is a 'necessary' risk. What I also like about this team is how different it is to my own. We share just 10 players (most of which are rookies) yet I like almost every player you've picked :p

Love the Langdon pick mate. I'm actually considering him in my squad as he has not only secured his spot in our backline but he has become such a ball winner in his role and his intercept marks are just pure gold for SC.

Also love the Taylor Adams selection, just been added to the leadership group at the Pies and if you seen his improvement in his game last year he is on track to become an elite ball winning midfielder who loves the hard ball.

Rookies & SS's (Sloppy Seconds) looks pretty good for now mate. Bit scratchy on Jed Anderson though and whether or not he will slot straight in at the Roos.

Cheers guys! I've changed my mind on Adams so many times its not funny! But I think I'll go with him to be a little more unique.

Anderson and Cockatoo were the others I'm a little worried about, the first 3 of my FWD line will be very similar to everyone else so thinking of potentially changing that up..

It's a start anyway!

New guy alert!!
First off guys,I like your work...its good to get insight on the latest afl news and feel somewhat up to date here in Canada.played super coach the last two years and have done alright.
I am one of those "campaigners" that don't have SC gold but wants to start throwing players around...anyone know if there's a pdf I could work off or something to that effect?
Not the best way to enter the community,but would love some help.
Good luck to all this year!karn KANGAS!

With Loersch being picked due to his predominantly Sunday or later round games mean that Ablett would be a bad vc option as he will be playing in later round matches. Makes him suitable for C for mine after seeing how pendles/ Goldy goes with the VC.

Gold Coast dont have a SUnday game till about Rd 10 or something from memory :drunk:

Jon Ralphs Team

c1ee0621f41156c02014a7e15b067a41.jpg

Horrid team. That forward line.....
Midpriced madness

New guy alert!!
First off guys,I like your work...its good to get insight on the latest afl news and feel somewhat up to date here in Canada.played super coach the last two years and have done alright.
I am one of those "campaigners" that don't have SC gold but wants to start throwing players around...anyone know if there's a pdf I could work off or something to that effect?
Not the best way to enter the community,but would love some help.
Good luck to all this year!karn KANGAS!
Anyone can use the site now, don't need SC Gold.

With Loersch being picked due to his predominantly Sunday or later round games mean that Ablett would be a bad vc option as he will be playing in later round matches. Makes him suitable for C for mine after seeing how pendles/ Goldy goes with the VC.
GCS play a lot of Saturday night or Saturday twilight games in the first 9 rounds, but not many (any)? Sunday fixtures.
It opens the possibility of using a GCS player for VC/loophole action, but there are better clubs with more late Sunday fixtures in the early rounds.

Compared to Richmond (really bad, lots of early Friday night games or early Saturday games) and Collingwood (also bad, not quite as bad as Richmond though), Gold Coast have the "better" early fixture, because they have more mid-weekend games. So of the three F/R 102k ruck options, the GCS one (Loersch) is a slightly better option.

Obviously Loersch/Ablett and Wyatt/Pendlebury don't work in any case.

You could also just pick a 102k ruck that doesn't have DPP though, and have a better loophole prospect across the first 8 rounds or so.

By about Round 6-8, most teams will have at least one of their 30 players who is not playing each week due to either injury or form, so ensuring that your R3 is available for loophole becomes less important about around Round 9.

GCS play a lot of Saturday night or Saturday twilight games in the first 9 rounds, but not many (any)? Sunday fixtures.
It opens the possibility of using a GCS player for VC/loophole action, but there are better clubs with more late Sunday fixtures in the early rounds.

Compared to Richmond (really bad, lots of early Friday night games or early Saturday games) and Collingwood (also bad, not quite as bad as Richmond though), Gold Coast have the "better" early fixture, because they have more mid-weekend games. So of the three F/R 102k ruck options, the GCS one (Loersch) is a slightly better option.

Obviously Loersch/Ablett and Wyatt/Pendlebury don't work in any case.

You could also just pick a 102k ruck that doesn't have DPP though, and have a better loophole prospect across the first 8 rounds or so.

By about Round 6-8, most teams will have at least one of their 30 players who is not playing each week due to either injury or form, so ensuring that your R3 is available for loophole becomes less important about around Round 9.
What about Korcheck from Carlton?

Doesn't have DPP though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't done the research yet on the non-F/R options for F3 who are priced at 102k. There is one (Goetz) from WB also for instance.

krk004 did his analysis which was brilliant

just cannot find it at the moment

Quick question
Anyone considering Kurt Tippett will ruck a bit this year and scores really well when he rucks ?

I am, and not just for Round 1 but beyond that. He isn't F1-F4 material but I think long term he makes a decent F6 who you can loophole for ruck duties.

He will pump out the occasional <50 pt stinker but he can also go massive on his day if he kicks 4 plus, plus the Swans early draw is pretty good too. I'd take I'm over Sinclair personally.

Cool. Nice work.

My analysis involved ranking each timeslot across the round, (usually 7) whereas you broke it down to thirds.

7ths would be better, but I tried to do it in a quick, but useable, format.

Would be good to see your analysis though.

I was happy with my last team I posted, but I still made changes (Dam long pre season)

upload_2016-2-4_15-13-27.png

Changes:
Laird out for KK. I've been flipping a coin over these two for a couple of weeks. Gone with KK at the moment as the GC have an easier early draw. Laird will probably be my first upgrade.
Deledio out for Barlow. I heard a rumour that Lyon's planning to use Barlow as more of an inside mid than last year, and with Lids injured it also frees up cash for:
Priddis to Fyfe. It was either Pendles or Priddis.
Leaves me with 74K, which will probably be all brown on upgrading rookies.

Rookies are pending of course but I think I might start with something like this. Bartel and Buddy are a bit risky this year but both seem like good value for money. My other premiums are all very expensive, but I want the best. I still have some concern about cash generation, especially in defence but hopefully a few defensive rookies will perform well during the NAB cup to allow for this structure.

SC.V1.JPG

Team looks good overall.. some comments:
  • Some people have been using D.Menzel - I think the rest of us are waiting to see what happens in the NAB cup.
  • Any reason why you would start Selwood over someone like Pendles given Selwoods off-season?
  • N. Riewoldt is a very interesting unique pick... but since his peak in 2013 his score has gone backwards two consecutive years as well as his durability. Any reason why you're backing him in?
Riewoldts peak was actually 2006. The last 2 years he's average over 90, 3 years ago over 100. Has been doing all preseason work with the midfield.
Durability isn't really a question, last year still managed 17 games.
Tough start for the saints would be my big question mark.

Riewoldts peak was actually 2006. The last 2 years he's average over 90, 3 years ago over 100. Has been doing all preseason work with the midfield.
Durability isn't really a question, last year still managed 17 games.
Tough start for the saints would be my big question mark.
Yeah I think Roo's SC days are over.

Unless the wingman/half forward role works well in his favour.

definite wait & see IMO.

upload_2016-2-4_13-6-21.png

1st team for 2016, Thoughts??

i have $117 500 left over in the war chest

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-4_13-5-1.png
    upload_2016-2-4_13-5-1.png
    277.9 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad