SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands at the moment:

Shaw, roberton, Kk, smith, Byrne, durdin, brown (Ess) Hartley

Danger, gaj, sidebum, rocky, Libba, Gresham, petracca, cuningham, Keyes, hibberd, Davis

Goldy, sauce , loersch

Monty, chopsticks, dollhouse, Greene, Kerridge, Kommer, Adams, yarran

Pretty happy to sit with this structure for a while until we get a gauge on pre-season, particularly around the rookies
Not 100% sold on Greene, otherwise very solid Keg..

Love the Joey pick!

1st team I've seen with no pendles

Interesting

Had him, but just a gut feeling that he may slip a tad. He will clearly still average in the 100s, but I'm gonna go with danger instead.

Maybe me NOT having him is my POD! :D

Not 100% sold on Greene, otherwise very solid Keg..

Love the Joey pick!

I was thinking of nick Nat and buddy instead, but I have an aversion to picking KPPs as a general rule and so went with Greene as a mid

upload_2016-1-31_18-29-17.png

150k Left over

I think Sheridan will average in the low 90's so hopefully he will be a keeper. His spot is up for grabs though, between Shero/Z.Williams/Malceski. Whichever one looks most likely to average in the 90's will get the gig. If none of them do I'll use the 150k to go either Laird or KK.

Otherwise the 150k will be used get the best rookies.

I'm feeling quite settled with my chosen premo's and I'm hoping Libba can average 105pts+. Shero's spot is my only risky mid-pricer.

Thoughts?

View attachment 210827

150k Left over

I think Sheridan will average in the low 90's so hopefully he will be a keeper. His spot is up for grabs though, between Shero/Z.Williams/Malceski. Whichever one looks most likely to average in the 90's will get the gig. If none of them do I'll use the 150k to go either Laird or KK.

I'm feeling quite settled with my chosen premo's and I'm hoping Libba can average 105pts+. Shero's spot is my only risky mid-pricer.

Thoughts?
Big spend in mids. I'm a Sherro fan, in my team ATM.
First time seen Sandiballs.
I'm looking to leave around 100k for adjustments too.

Big spend in mids. I'm a Sherro fan, in my team ATM.
First time seen Sandiballs.
I'm looking to leave around 100k for adjustments too.

Yeah I had Wines in for so long, but just upgraded him to Danger.

On Sandi - He managed 107pts average in '15 with a restricted preseason due to hammy problems. His scores got better as the season went on and he got over the issue. This is his first full no-issues preseason in quite some years.

Too low on star power for mine. Your mids are strong, but you don't want 200k on the bench (Anderson). Plus, batting so deep in the mids robs you of the chance to have a few extra rookies in tbe midfield where the majority of the rookie cash is generated.

Also, I'm avoiding wells like the plague, but could be a good ballsy pic of it pays off.

Just my thoughts FWIW.
Thanks mate, appreciate your advice.

View attachment 210827

i wouldn't go mcveigh. ive heard his had a very interrupted pre season (possibly still in rehab group) may not be very fit come round 1. id go a different 'gun defender' maybe up grade to him after a few rounds when he's price has dropped but he is more match fit

150k Left over

Thoughts?

When planning your team, don't be scared to burn a trade or few early before a round 3 price range. Keep this in mind when planning early teams/structure
no way! Trade round 3 to change your rookies that aren't playing to rookies that are. Never trade round 1 or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no way! Trade round 3 to change your rookies that aren't playing to rookies that are. Never trade round 1 or 2.
Sorry - but agree to disagree on that. Only those too proud to admit they've made mistakes will do this. In an ideal world yes - but nothing worng with using trades to fix problems.

first go, before i'll inevitably change it all come first round of nab cup, if not before then.

View attachment 210845
Won't discuss rookies as at this stage they're place holders only until after the NAB cup.

Defence for me is very risky. You're banking on three guys further improving to become keeper status and each one still carries question marks over their individual role in the team.

Mids are interesting. Don't dislike any of them individually but collectively taking Shiel, Priddis and Hanners without Pendles, Fyfe and Rockliffe is another big risk. The majority will have Rockliffe and Pendles and I dare say if Fyfe get's though preseason he'll also have high ownership. The risk is not having these guys against the majority of teams becuase if they fail, you all fail together, but if they gun, you're well behind the 8 ball.

Rucks are solid.

Forwards at the top end are fine, not a fan of Henderson or Menzel. I'd be downgrading these 2 guys and upgrading a defender and mid to uber premium. That is unless you think Henderson or Menzel can become keepers as rookies in these positions are likely to make better cash generation long term.

You've got plenty of cash tied up in higher end rookies like Parish, Hopper, Oliver and Weitering so plenty of fat to spread some cash around.

Yeah I had Wines in for so long, but just upgraded him to Danger.

On Sandi - He managed 107pts average in '15 with a restricted preseason due to hammy problems. His scores got better as the season went on and he got over the issue. This is his first full no-issues preseason in quite some years.
Wines to Danger is a fair bloody upgrade.
Love the Sandi pick.

Agree that Sheridan is your only risky pic. Nice team.

Thoughts on first attempt? Gone risky on the mids but i think it can pay off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.22.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.22.00 PM.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 6
Thoughts on first attempt? Gone risky on the mids but i think it can pay off.
Your midfield is 100% different to everyone else that is for sure, and I think that's great!
However if I can give one piece of advice it is get rid of Trengrove from the midfield, he is cheap and will play at some stage this year but I doubt he will be getting a run round 1.

Thoughts? Whipped it together then. I have $415,000 cash left, I should probably upgrade Crouch but I can't leave him out. He will be a superstar and for that price I couldn't say no.

View attachment 210711
With that much cash I would look to upgrade on two of the 4 lines. Think it's a bit of a risky midfield with the two midpricers and only 3 premo. Good start though.

Sorry - but agree to disagree on that. Only those too proud to admit they've made mistakes will do this. In an ideal world yes - but nothing worng with using trades to fix problems.
Has nothing to do with being proud. Unless someone is injured it's a terrible move trading then after 1 game.

This is my second team, feel free to give advice

DEF
Shaw
McVeigh
Kolodjashnij
B.Smith
M.Brown (ESS)
Sam Collins

MID
Dangerfield
Pendlebury
Ablett